ADVERTISEMENT

*****Iowa (W) vs Maryland Game Thread*****

wtf GIF

Are you serious Clark ?

In hindsight, they hit several jumpers down the stretch & then they couldn’t….that’s basketball!

They did, and you live with that. What you can't live with is ole defense and giving up fouls/ layups.

The collapse in the lane led to a turnover to put us up for good and a contested layup that we ended up getting on a fumbled ball out of bounds.

I thought we adjusted well down the stretch.

Don’t Forget travel too. There were multiple times in both the Ohio state and Maryland game where they just barreled into the lane and took extra steps.

Touché….like 8-steps. It’s a problem. That Ohio State loss was no big deal. We didn’t play great we lost focus. Our defense was poorer than it had been, and we lost… No big deal..

But that girl who had the career game, she’s good, she’s really good, but she was walking, and fouling all over the place in the Lane… In fact she was in the lane so damn much taking steps it had to be at least a three second call as well….

Defense was really spotty.

Horrible during that Maryland 25-3 run and pretty decent after that.

Very true, but I lay that run at the offenses feet, believe it or not. We came out cooking pretty good put it right back on them and then all of a sudden we like went into a borderline stall for us… Then early shots in 3s in the clock by everybody, just really plain sloppy, lazy offensive basketball…

Reactions: MitchLL
Bluder in the timeout telling her just that. Hope they listen.

Yes, I yelled out at the TV about 60 seconds before that time out and her talking to them in the huddle…

It was disgusting. They’d let that girl take three steps from the top of the key before they’d even get anybody in on her!

I thought Affloter changed the end of the game on both ends
I know Lisa loves to ride with Gabbie but she’d had enough tonight and made the right move. Affloter brings a toughness we need.
Hannah struggled a bit on both ends tonight. We will need her, and I think she’ll figure it out again.
If we want to make any sort of run in March our D has to get better.
CC is great. Was annoyed by the 51 points talk all night. Give me 36 and 12 all day.

I thought Affloter changed the end of the game on both ends
Definitely made a huge difference. Cannot figure out bluders fascination with gabby this year. Playing 4 on 5 on 1 end of the floor. She deserves time, just not the 30+ shes been getting, at least until she starts making some shots. Feurbach needs more time as well, good defender with more height and athleticism.
Would argue McCabe should be seeing more time as well, we need shooters.

Maryland stepped up the defense on Clark in the second half. She also cooled off on her own. She started 4/5 from three, but then went only 3/12 the rest of the game.

Reactions: cmhawks99
I know Lisa loves to ride with Gabbie but she’d had enough tonight and made the right move. Affloter brings a toughness we need.
Hannah struggled a bit on both ends tonight. We will need her, and I think she’ll figure it out again.
If we want to make any sort of run in March our D has to get better.
CC is great. Was annoyed by the 51 points talk all night. Give me 36 and 12 all day.
Beat me to it. And i told my wife, simple math says CC accounted for AT LEAST 60 points tonight depending on how many of her assists came on 3’s

Definitely made a huge difference. Cannot figure out bluders fascination with gabby this year. Playing 4 on 5 on 1 end of the floor. She deserves time, just not the 30+ shes been getting, at least until she starts making some shots. Feurbach needs more time as well, good defender with more height and athleticism.
Would argue McCabe should be seeing more time as well, we need shooters.

Huh…. I believe I saw a stat where she’s shooting 45% from three over the last six or seven games.

And I believe Gabby Marshall is pretty routinely, considered one of our better defensive players…

They did, I confess I haven’t got to see them play much, I have watched quite a few women’s teams play however and this Maryland team has a lot of high, ranked talent and you can see they ooze athleticism…

I said in the second half I’ll wager this is the best Maryland has played all year! We actually need games like this… And that’s a good team that has no chemistry and are having an off year. They’re still dangerous!

Huh…. I believe I saw a stat where she’s shooting 45% from three over the last six or seven games.

And I believe Gabby Marshall is pretty routinely, considered one of our better defensive players…
Yeah she can shoot the ball. That was pretty evident last year in the postseason. She’s shooting like 32% from 3 this yr tho, not great! She is a good defender but lacks size against bigger guards like tonight and against osu. Pretty evident when Affolter subbed in for her in the 4th

Reactions: Sandistar
Yeah she can shoot the ball. That was pretty evident last year in the postseason. She’s shooting like 32% from 3 this yr tho, not great! She is a good defender but lacks size against bigger guards like tonight and against osu. Pretty evident when Affolter subbed in for her in the 4th

She was gassed and Affolter is in the spot she should be in other than I wish she had a few more minutes.

Penn St just beat Maryland a week ago 112-76 :confused:

Meaningless, Maryland struggles mightily on the road. They lost to Ohio State out here by eight, Indiana beat them by 14 and now we beat them by what, eight.

They’re tough out here!

By the way, who in this thread said Kate MARTIN isn’t any good…

She had a seemingly off game, and she did have five turnovers, but she also had 15 points, 10 rebounds and four assist. She’s a hell of a basketball player.!
Absolutely. My favorite player on the team. An absolute savant and she plays like a man

I just heard on the radio re-broadcast near the end of the game we had 13 offensive rebounds to their five and Hanna Stuelke had six alone…this is a good team they all do their part, game to game.

Reactions: Hawksbyamillion
Great win for the Hawks! MD was unstoppable at times and made some really tough shots, but the couldn't sustain it. CC was her usually amazing self, but all of ladies really played well, like Molly.

It's a good thing the Hawks were hot from 3, because they missed a TON of inside shots. Coulda put this one away a little sooner with some of those.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT