ADVERTISEMENT

Illinois PBP Thread

Jeez, so what guys. The kid cried. He puts a ton of work into something and got emotional. I don't see the problem.

For me, the problem is "where is his head at right now that so much was riding on this match?" . . . Just seems like that much intensity -- and maybe fear of losing -- at this point in the season is a tad on the unhealthy side. I won't assume to know what works best for him, but not putting so much pressure on himself might help his performance?

Regardless, that was one of the strangest sequences I've seen in the sport at this level. Have to think there was something behind Carr's actions. Who does that out of pure malice?

Ironside has $10K raised so far for the HWC plunge.
Sounds like the pond this year.
Pool last year. Pool or pond. Pond is good.

Reactions: SurgeonMMA
Well young did same thing at Minn score was 1-1 until late in the 3rd when he hit that throw. Guy has to shot to get tds played right into Barlow hands. dam dam come on Hawks get with it. Michigan took down Ohio State they gonna be tough

Reactions: TarpHawk
Murin is right there. My ass he’s #19 in the country. Absolutely a guy that will make a run in March.
Murin is right there. My ass he’s #19 in the country. Absolutely a guy that will make a run in March.

He isn't going to do anything until he can figure out how to score points for one and also stop choking at the end of matches. His neutral and top scoring is almost non existent vs good wrestlers, no go to moves. Even though they were lucky to get points off the challenge I did not like it, ruined the match flow and gave Carr a long breather. Karma back on us for throwing the brick.

Strange night so far. I think Spencers pin gave AD the night off. Murin gets ridiculed, karma if they meet at B10s or NCAA. Glynn does some kinda AD impersonation after win. Kaleb takes night off. And someone other than AD loses a team point.

Gunether looks skinny
Bull on leg and then double and TD
Now out front
OOB
2:41
Bull is taking it to Joey
He's pissed
Esc
now SW on JG for backing out.
2:21
2-1
Shot on the ege by Bull

Whens the last time any Hawk wrestled pissed off????

Ummm...Yells "I guess you don't watch much Iowa wrestling!"

190113Minnesota0898.JPG

Bull now with a DBl and TD
4-1
Joey may owe Bull money the way he's beating on him.
1:42 left
16 RT
4-1
ESC for Joey.
4-2
Gunerther living on the edge
Bull another shot on the ege OOB
4-2
1:07 to go.
Bull is all over Joey
SW on Joey
5-2.