ADVERTISEMENT

Inner Circle at 336 members

I suspect that the majority of the people we see at duals in Carver have not yet heard of the Inner Circle. Since the university won't allow the HWC to promote in Carver, we members should step up, wear our gear and recruit a fan or two at each of the remaining meets.

I don't know if it's possible but maybe setting up a kiosk at malls on huge shopping days like black Friday or weekends in December with a few of innercirclers/hwc wrestlers/coaches/board members and the same idea with Farmers markets in the summer.

Was there a campaign to purchase memberships for other people as a Christmas gift? That's something I might have considered doing.

Anyone have any ideas on how we can get this too 500 in 2019?
Invite the "hula hoop" girl to the next event. I'm so sorry ……. I just couldn't resist :) Have a great day.
MqZULr.jpg

I don't know if it's possible but maybe setting up a kiosk at malls on huge shopping days like black Friday or weekends in December with a few of innercirclers/hwc wrestlers/coaches/board members and the same idea with Farmers markets in the summer.

Only in Iowa would this happen and it not be considered batshit crazy, and I mean that in a sincere, complimentary way.

Reactions: IAChief32
Only in Iowa would this happen and it not be considered batshit crazy, and I mean that in a sincere, complimentary way.

My nephew (step) lives in Lisbon, Iowa...home of many Iowa high school greats to include Alger, Morningstars, Lights, and the Happels to name a few. He is not from there...just likes living there compared to Cedar Rapids where he works.

He has never been to an Iowa match and just recently went to his first Lisbon match. But even a guy who never wrestled and is not interested started naming off some of these guys and said “Did you know we got a kid named Avila who moved here from Vegas?”

I don’t think he knows how deep my sickness goes so I nodded and said I heard something about that. I guess the town text phonetree lit up the other night because half of our guys showed up at one of their duals. “Hawk wrestlers are here at the high school.” In Arizona, I have to explain who Gable is. So yea...setting up at the mall is not crazy at all.

Reactions: Grip220 and MSeil
I suspect that the majority of the people we see at duals in Carver have not yet heard of the Inner Circle. Since the university won't allow the HWC to promote in Carver, we members should step up, wear our gear and recruit a fan or two at each of the remaining meets.

I'm happy to hand out flyers at a home meet. What are they going to do to me?

I’m friends with the lady that manages the apartments right across the street from Carver; I could ask her about setting a table or something up if anyone is interested? Might be a little cold, but could definitely help spread the word.

If this lady is the hula hoop girl, we should be at 500 in no time.

Reactions: tiltman
If anyone here shops amazon you can set your charity on amazon smile to the Hawkeye wrestling club and get them a kickback on qualifying purchases.

Reactions: edquinn06
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT