ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting conversation about Fran.......

"Fran is a pshyco....and he made sure that they understood that he was speaking literally, not figuratively."

I was told the same thing about a prospective "Boss" in 1995, but due to my job situation at the time (appeared to have hit the proverbial wall) I was going to change jobs. I am of a competitive nature and believe you can accomplish just about anything within your physical/mental limitations. So, I accepted the job anyway and moved 1,000 miles to the DC area.

Best job I ever had and accomplished more professionally than I could have ever imagined. Stayed for 12 years retired early (58) and moved back to Iowa (home).

My Boss was a bit of a pshyco, but he allowed me to do my job and compensated me very well for our accomplishments.

So, watching Fran and comparing to my old Boss, Fran is not a pshyco because he has a very caring side to his personality. But, he is very intense and I personally can relate.

Plus, if you cannot take a coach yelling at you probably should be in the band:) No offense to musicians.

It's been a really long time since I played sports, and I suspect that coaches have to be more sensitive to cultural expectations now. I know there were times when I wanted to hit some of my coaches, but the tougher, more demanding coaches were usually the better, more successful coaches. I can remember running "suicides" for half an hour at the end of basketball practices, running stairs with someone on my back, getting yelled at when I didn't do as well as the coach hoped, etc. Good coaches are tough on their players, but they also let them know that they care about them. Maybe kids today are coddled a little too much?

Originally posted by Qued18:

Originally posted by hawk44ever:

Try sitting behind Mr. & Mrs. when they are attending one of their 2 son's basketball or baseball games. He is loud and she is psycho.
This is true
No it isn't you dumb lying bastards. This thread should be deleted and you clowns should be banned.

Originally posted by DewHawk:
Plus, if you cannot take a coach yelling at you probably should be in the band:) No offense to musicians.
Did you see the movie "Whiplash"?

Originally posted by eddie4star:

Originally posted by Qued18:

Originally posted by hawk44ever:

Try sitting behind Mr. & Mrs. when they are attending one of their 2 son's basketball or baseball games.  He is loud and she is psycho. 
This is true
No it isn't you dumb lying bastards. This thread should be deleted and you clowns should be banned.

Well, that escalated quickly
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Had a football coach in High School that did nothing but yell and scream. He got the most out of everyone, hands down best coach I've ever had

Originally posted by Dougla...rmeyer:
Originally posted by WalterCronkite88:

The name's Francis Soyer, but everybody calls me Psycho. Any of you guys call me Francis, and I'll kill you.

Lighten up, Francis.
Let's hear it for our newest, bestest buddy and big toe, Sergeant Hulka.

This post was edited on 3/13 6:40 PM by Hawk-A-Doodle-Doo

Originally posted by DanHawkPella:

Originally posted by yiana:
Pat Ingram. This post popped like 5 months ago.

That's what crossed my mind also.
the OPS said "recently graduated player"...that would leave Ingram out...but I agree Ingram couldn't handle the McCaffery style at times..

actually Ingram came in fat & out of shape...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT