ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting development, only three Big 12 schools refused to....

“Oklahoma and Texas intend to honor their GOR through 2025.”

200.gif

What was legal about that video? Nothing. OU and UT are legally on the hook with GOR until 2025. The video doesn’t change a thing outside of me being thankful those two aren’t leadership at UI.

Well, it was interesting that Pollard thinks the GOR means they have to forfeit their media rights and pay a penalty.

The B1G is going to stand pat for the time being while allowing the remaining misfit Big 12 teams to twist in the wind…..delicious. Have fun in the AAC or maybe some members of the AAC will come to you. Either way…..enjoy the minor leagues.

Reactions: ROCKY MOUNTAIN HAWK
Tbh he really didn’t say anything of substance in that video. But Jamie couldn’t just stand by and let everyone else get his much needed spotlight.
I do think he had to say something at some point, but a self-serving, weirdly edited video was an odd choice. If it was to send a message to OU/UT, that's laughable. If it's to calm the fanbase, it didn't hit the mark.

I do think he had to say something at some point, but a self-serving, weirdly edited video was an odd choice. If it was to send a message to OU/UT, that's laughable. If it's to calm the fanbase, it didn't hit the mark.
Right. I keep seeing “Jamie was sending a message to Texas and OU that they’ll have to get their checkbooks out if they leave early.” Well no shit, I’m 100% certain they both schools are aware of this and don’t give one single ****.

The video is just a legal maneuver to ensure OU and UT pay the full GOR payouts. It really says nothing beyond business as usual in the Big Twelve and thus anyone breaching the GOR must pay the full damages. Nothing more. Lawyer-ese.
Legal?????? Jamie ain’t no damn attorney.

Right. I keep seeing “Jamie was sending a message to Texas and OU that they’ll have to get their checkbooks out if they leave early.” Well no shit, I’m 100% certain they both schools are aware of this and don’t give one single ****.
The message at the end was telling, if you ask me. Basically he was saying "we don't have any positive news to share, but we don't want to ruin our dream season." Now imagine if ISU was in a good position with another conference, the tone of the video would have been much different.

Jamie is a known liar and is as slimy as a used car salesman. I wouldn’t believe a word he says.
So cryababy Jamie has thrown down the gauntlet to Texas and OU, we would rather let the conference die in 2025 than let you out early. Bold move when all the better cards are being held by Texas and OU and they know it.

So how exactly is isu going to negotiate GOR if there isn’t any conference in 2025 and Texas and OU hang you out to dry? I mean they can afford to wait it out can isu and the other 7 schools do the same?

...commit to a new GOR extension amongst the remaining eight Big 12 teams at a conference zoom meeting today (which could not be signed until a new contract was reached...but the idea was a "commitment" to such).

The general idea of such a move being to look at bringing in 2 new schools...rumored as BYU/Houston.

Anyway...the three schools who would not consider such an extension were.....Iowa State and Kansas and WVU. Fascinating.

Discuss amongst yourselves.
Why would anyone commit to a voluntary death sentence? Pollard is doing his job by going down swinging.

So cryababy Jamie has thrown down the gauntlet to Texas and OU, we would rather let the conference die in 2025 than let you out early. Bold move when all the better cards are being held by Texas and OU and they know it.

So how exactly is isu going to negotiate GOR if there isn’t any conference in 2025 and Texas and OU hang you out to dry? I mean they can afford to wait it out can isu and the other 7 schools do the same?
I'm assuming there is a gentleman's agreement that schools can negotiate with other conferences and no exit fee will be applied once the OU/UT situation plays out. But, what if one school (i.e. Baylor, TCU, KSU) holds out until 2025 and/or doesn't agree to the gentleman's agreement? Perhaps there's language in the GOR that covers this kind of scenario and absolves the remaining schools of their obligation?

If one would try and look objectively at it, bringing them in to the B1G--as others have said--makes absolutely no sense.
Look, you have a football team that is improving in recent years. Basketball on it's way down (not starting a discussion on TJO), but a very solid fan base and a good school. But be honest; you are the smaller draw of a small market--Iowa has been, and likely always will be the "dominant" draw in this state/area. Sorry, it's just fact.
When Rutgers and Maryland were added, it looked goofy as hell on it's face, but TV eyeballs were the reason, and TV eyeballs=money, and that's what mattered. Still does. Yes, you're better at football right now, but that doesn't matter. You'd have a better shot at arguing the "research conference" angle that someone else pointed out in another thread, but it still makes zero sense to add ISU to the B1G.

That video was almost as cringe as the Ames Water video. What was up with the two different colored red ISU shirts? Looked like Pollard's was his first ever ISU shirt and it has been washed and dried a thousand times.

Reactions: win4jj
That video was almost as cringe as the Ames Water video. What was up with the two different colored red ISU shirts? Looked like Pollard's was his first ever ISU shirt and it has been washed and dried a thousand times.
Pollard only has the one shirt. Being the “Bear” and all.

That was awkward and hard to watch.... they must have turned the teleprompter down down so slow it was sticking 😂

would have been way more entertaining if they had dressed as Clowns

Reactions: HerkyFan
The B1G is going to stand pat for the time being while allowing the remaining misfit Big 12 teams to twist in the wind…..delicious. Have fun in the AAC or maybe some members of the AAC will come to you. Either way…..enjoy the minor leagues.

If Wetzel's tweet is true and Big 10 stands pat I'm fine with that. Besides OU and Texas what other Big 12 school is really a lucrative addition? Maybe KU for B-Ball being a blue blood. Besides that with the remaining 7 schools they really have no huge appeals were you think I really want them to join. Plus nothing saying can't change your mind later and invite them after they go to the AAC unless there is a school the Big 10 thinks the Pac 12 would poach who would be on the top of their list. But just because SEC went to 16 nothing saying PAC 12 and Big 10 do as well. Maybe Pac 12 just takes 2 schools. Or they could stand pat as well or add 4. Either way the little 8 schools and their fans have to be feeling nervous no matter how many videos their ADs and President put out like Pollard and ISU did.

Mesaclone sorry but you're dreaming if you think the Big10 would even consider Iowa State. They would rather not expand at all then take ISU...which is likely what will happen

That video was hilarious btw - Don't Panic!!! means there is a reason to panic
You could see his nose growing at the “don’t panic” moment. Silly clowns.

Lmfao!!! That was pathetic, desperate, & most importantly crazy awkward.

I loved it!!!

When life gives Iowa St lemons they turn it into spoiled milk. Great quote Jamie P.

Dr Wintersteen doesn't look well...Pollard only looks slightly better. No, we're not worried (so much so that we felt we had to make a video stating so) and you shouldn't be either. Really...it's ok.

This goes on the clone heap of history along with the "too much smoke" incident, the infamous Ames water video, Rhoads in a hard hat and others. The only thing more entertaining is reading through the variety of responses to it on Clonefanatic. (couldn't help myself).

Last edited:
...commit to a new GOR extension amongst the remaining eight Big 12 teams at a conference zoom meeting today (which could not be signed until a new contract was reached...but the idea was a "commitment" to such).

The general idea of such a move being to look at bringing in 2 new schools...rumored as BYU/Houston.

Anyway...the three schools who would not consider such an extension were.....Iowa State and Kansas and WVU. Fascinating.

Discuss amongst yourselves.
I wouldn't commit to it yet either until all options were explored. I think WVU may try to get into the ACC but I don't know why they would take them.. I think Kansas has the best chance of any of the schools of going to another conference though. I could see Kansas leaving for one of the conferences and the rest are left trying to cobble something together.

I just ventured over to CF and those people are delusional. Yep, Pollard has Texas and OU right where he wants them. Squeeze that cash out of them, make them bleed before they leave you, right ISU. Holy smokes.

They just all seem to believe that the Big Ten has to let them in too. How do they not understand that the Big Ten schools are not going to take a reduction in conference payouts just to bail them out of a bad situation?

I just ventured over to CF and those people are delusional. Yep, Pollard has Texas and OU right where he wants them. Squeeze that cash out of them, make them bleed before they leave you, right ISU. Holy smokes.

They just all seem to believe that the Big Ten has to let them in too. How do they not understand that the Big Ten schools are not going to take a reduction in conference payouts just to bail them out of a bad situation?
Yeah, I think they are in denial. They think that having a couple good years in football is going to save them.
Also saw some think Kadyn Proctor will end up there. lol Truly delusional.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT