ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa -3 Against Minnesota

My bad on missing that. Doesn't make sense, but sports betting is not something I follow.

Exactly. Their job is to get the money 50/50 split on both teams. So they obviously see more money on Iowa at this point, hence the spread to get people to take Minnie.

Maybe. Who feels confident to bet Iowa at this point? That said I would think that would play into their spread, which you would think would give Iowa points. The real money that bets usually aren't fans. The sharks simply look at it as can they cover or not without bias, which really is who they think will win and by how much.

Reactions: IaHawk41
Maybe. Who feels confident to bet Iowa at this point? That said I would think that would play into their spread, which you would think would give Iowa points. The real money that bets usually aren't fans. The sharks simply look at it as can they cover or not without bias, which really is who they think will win and by how much.
I would bet 100 bucks iowa makes at least 6 points off kicks from Duncan, 2 field goals. not to mention the point afters. but I would safely bet that one item. nothing else.

I wouldn't bet a dime on this game either way, we could squeak a win out or get blown out. Total mystery.

Anyone have an update on Stanley? He looked like he was injured after the failed 2 point attempt, and they showed Petras warming up on the sidelines immediately afterword. Maybe they're keeping anything about his health under wraps for now.

Anyone have an update on Stanley? He looked like he was injured after the failed 2 point attempt, and they showed Petras warming up on the sidelines immediately afterword. Maybe they're keeping anything about his health under wraps for now.
They showed Stanley warming up again as well. He's fine.

Minnie is 9-0, and had the upset of their generation over #4 PSU at home. They will be riding high all week and have a big let down in IC on Saturday. Remember how the Hawks played in Madison after blowing out OSU in '17? It will be like that. Iowa 37-12.

Minnie is 9-0, and had the upset of their generation over #4 PSU at home. They will be riding high all week and have a big let down in IC on Saturday. Remember how the Hawks played in Madison after blowing out OSU in '17? It will be like that. Iowa 37-12.[/QUOTE

Somehow, I don't think Iowa holds them to 12 points.

Reactions: IaHawk41
ESPN's prediction:
"No. 18 Iowa vs. No. 17 Minnesota
Winner: Iowa, 60.8 percent"

I would guess ESPN's 60.8% closely reflects Vegas's initial "-3". Just another way of predicting that appears close.

I posted this Saturday night on the Husker Board.
Gotta travel to Kinnick after a big emotional win. Might be good value on Iowa this week. Wouldn’t be surprised to see a line like Minnesota -2. The public jumps on it and Iowa wins outright due to the classical “let down after a big win.”

I seriously think the value is on Iowa winning this game, so IMO I’d wait for the public to bet the line to Minnesota and take Iowa ML later in the week.

Good luck, Saturday! One, I don’t want your team even angrier when we come to Kinnick in two weeks, but two ... it’d be hilarious to watch sky-high PJ lose to Iowa after bringing his program to a place they haven’t been in decades, knowing how obsessively they seem to hate you, lol.

Man, some of you are going to be so pissed when we win.
Shouldn't we? The Goofers really aren't good. Penn State, really, isnt good, neither is Michigan. We lose games out or spite and plain old shitty coaching. If they let our kids just play, we'll win by 20 points easy. If KFC keeps them bottled up, we'll lose by 20, it's as simple as that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT