ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa No Longer a Swing State

i have my doubts about those two, but I actually think he'll win PA.
I would not doubt PA. after the whole thing with Dr. OZ. but then trump could do a bunch of rallies there and find some sort of bigtime industrial faction to {pander} talk to. I think steel is a thing of the past but maybe oil and gas?

huey grew up in Mississippi in 1962
I hear that.
My Aunt and Uncle were newlyweds in 1962 and he’d been offered a job at a high school in Mississippi that year. My little sister and I spent June and July with them in their big old rented farmhouse outside Hattiesburg. One Sunday we went to Mass (only Catholic Church for miles around) and the priest announced that the Bishop instructed them to begin integrating the school and there was nearly a riot in the Church.
The things we saw were so different and so prejudiced (although Jacksonville was no great example) that Mom sent bus tickets and this 12 year old and 9 year old sat on a Greyhound bus by ourselves all the way from South Mississippi to Jacksonville Florida. It was a bad stretch of time for civil rights. There were police stationed at the bus station in Mobile Alabama to make sure “the coloreds” didn’t try to sit in the white waiting room. I never figured out why it was okay to sit on the same bus but not in the same waiting room.
Sixty two years ago it was bad for minorities and LGBTQ minorities regardless of the size of your town.

I hear that.
My Aunt and Uncle were newlyweds in 1962 and he’d been offered a job at a high school in Mississippi that year. My little sister and I spent June and July with them in their big old rented farmhouse outside Hattiesburg. One Sunday we went to Mass (only Catholic Church for miles around) and the priest announced that the Bishop instructed them to begin integrating the school and there was nearly a riot in the Church.
The things we saw were so different and so prejudiced (although Jacksonville was no great example) that Mom sent bus tickets and this 12 year old and 9 year old sat on a Greyhound bus by ourselves all the way from South Mississippi to Jacksonville Florida. It was a bad stretch of time for civil rights. There were police stationed at the bus station in Mobile Alabama to make sure “the coloreds” didn’t try to sit in the white waiting room. I never figured out why it was okay to sit on the same bus but not in the same waiting room.
Sixty two years ago it was bad for minorities and LGBTQ minorities regardless of the size of your town.
I just can’t fathom actually witnessing all of that in real time.

Thanks for sharing that.

Reactions: goldmom
Are you talking about bogus new york felonies? You must be one of the cultists I referenced above lol here's a clue for you, the average American is pussed at the obvious abuse of the justice system by the left. It's not an accident that trump fundraising and polling surged afterwards. You played yourselves just like you did with Roe v Wade.
Yeah, those “bogus” NY felonies that took the jury about 4 hours to decide the Orange Turd was in fact a criminal!
Grifters are gonna grift. The “Obvious Abuse the justice system” ? Where? Trump broke the law…..34 times according to a jury of his peers.

Yeah, those “bogus” NY felonies that took the jury about 4 hours to decide the Orange Turd was in fact a criminal!
Grifters are gonna grift. The “Obvious Abuse the justice system” ? Where? Trump broke the law…..34 times according to a jury of his peers.
Oh, bc, you already know how it is:

Hunter Biden gets convicted by a jury of his peers: the system works.

Donald Trump gets convicted by a jury of his peers: the system is rigged.

I just can’t fathom actually witnessing all of that in real time.

Thanks for sharing that.
In 1970 there were “whites only” signs on restrooms and drinking fountains in Birmingham, Alabama. The Civil Rights Law was signed into law in 1964, I believe. Bear Bryant had to have USC come to Birmingham to whip his Alabama team in front of the home folks before he could integrate his team. Southern Cal did the job and not one Alabaman argued after they witnessed the job the Trojans did in the Tide that Fall night.

I disagree, but for other reasons that I have personally witnessed.

My father is a lifelong republican, gun enthusiast and generally skeptical of government. He has always pulled the lever for the GOP, but he hates Trump, doesn't understand why people would vote for him. I don't know how he'll vote in Nov, I suspect he just won't vote for POTUS.

My father-in-law, a devout catholic, serves on the board of a pro-life charity and socially conservative also can't stand Trump, doesn't understand the evangelical support behind him and I am fairly sure will not vote for him or POTUS this November.

While helping at a local American Legion event I had to work next 2 guys I am sure are very GOP and go to a local church together. They were talking about immigrants and the problems they caused, but what surprised me is that neither of them like Trump either. They said that he will take us to war and didn't like a lot of his views. With them I am less if sure how that translates when they go to vote in November.

All that said, this 20 point lead by Trump in Iowa confuses me, because if he was a normal conservative candidate, these people I mentioned above would give him their vote without question.
So your Father-In-Law is a devout Catholic and is supporting Biden? Biden is a full fledged advocate of legalized baby killing. I do not think he is as devout as you say. I do not like Trump either but he is 1,000 times better than the Democrat alternative.

There is no way Biden can make it through another term. He is a bumbling, stumbling idiot now. That means if elected, Kamala Harris would become President in the very near future. Talk about a nightmare scenario. We had 4 years of Trump and his presidency went well until the China virus arrived. The economy was great, no wars, and gas and groceries were much more affordable. Not sure why so many are afraid of 4 more years of Trump.

Name how Biden has been a disaster. The number speaks to the changes (for the worse) the state has taken.
Afghanistan? Border? Covid? Going green? Kamala? Inflation? LLCs? Almost every time I see him on the TV? Showering with daughter?

Oh, and he lied about the laptop when he knew it existed...the 50+ that signed it was Russian misinformation?

Last edited:
Iowans are simple people (which is both good and bad). Trump’s marketing machine and bravado easily dupes such susceptible people.

I actually think Obama winning Iowa twice is another example of this, though fortunately Obama is a much better human than Trump so it was less concerning.

That said, Iowa has trended more red as of late reflecting the continued polarization of most every state. Blue is getting bluer, and red is getting redder. Someday the pendulum will swing back to less polarization, could be awhile though.

the way these polls are going, if trump takes Pennsylvania and minnesota and AZ and nevada, and they say he's making a run at NY and NM... he's in. Iowa probably not really an issue. dems need to worry about the other big ten states. so far wisconsin is is somewhat of a race.

He might lose Florida, only won by 3 points last time, because abortion and recreational marijuana are on the ballot

What are your qualifications?
No one is saying they are medically qualified to diagnose age related dementia, or Alzheimer’s or vascular dementia (stroke related).
But one of them is an often emotionally overwrought type ( no doubt being a junior high PE teacher over the years can cause it - for real) who has a tendency to blurt out angry remarks that a grownup can dispense with.
But I bet you know this. 😉

• Wow
Reactions: Tom Paris
He might lose Florida, only won by 3 points last time, because abortion and recreational marijuana are on the ballot
Fair points - but the age demographic here skews older - women who no longer need abortions anyway and older folks who are fine with smoke shops in every single dang shopping center who can already buy CBD products and Delta9 products for their creaky knees. 😬

So your Father-In-Law is a devout Catholic and is supporting Biden? Biden is a full fledged advocate of legalized baby killing. I do not think he is as devout as you say. I do not like Trump either but he is 1,000 times better than the Democrat alternative.

There is no way Biden can make it through another term. He is a bumbling, stumbling idiot now. That means if elected, Kamala Harris would become President in the very near future. Talk about a nightmare scenario. We had 4 years of Trump and his presidency went well until the China virus arrived. The economy was great, no wars, and gas and groceries were much more affordable. Not sure why so many are afraid of 4 more years of Trump.
Oh no a black women could run the country. The pain.....

Fair points - but the age demographic here skews older - women who no longer need abortions anyway and older folks who are fine with smoke shops in every single dang shopping center who can already buy CBD products and Delta9 products for their creaky knees. 😬

I see an awful lot of older people at the dispensary

What are your qualifications?
My pop had Alzheimer's disease. I spent every Friday for about 6 years at a facility treating Alzheimer patients.

I generally like you as a poster. I'm not sure why the challenge on this. Biden clearly has some form of dementia. It doesn't take an MD to know that, and anyone denying that has worse cognitive ability than Biden.

Yes, exactly. That’s my point. It would seem polite company has gotten smaller and smaller in Iowa.

Look at this board. Quite a few don’t even hide their racism or homophobia anymore, especially when the WNBA gets brought up. (Women’s basketball triggering so many middle-aged white guys is an entirely separate topic and a total ****ing mystery).

A few weeks ago, when I was in the midst of a pissing match with the mods, I pretty much copied verbatim the racist and homophobic tropes idiots like @RicoSuave102954 and HawkeyeHitman frequently use (I finally got HawkeyeHitman permanently banned I think). I got quite a few likes for those posts.

In short, it’s become en vogue over the last eight years to flaunt being racist and homophobic. That is a drastic change from when I came of age in Iowa. Sad to see.
I am not racist nor homophobic. I believe in free speech. You on the other hand condemn everyone who has opinions that are not in line with your views. You're the biggest name caller on this board. The fact that you freely admit to running to the mods whenever you don't agree with something someone else posted clearly shows that you are less than a man.

No one is saying they are medically qualified to diagnose age related dementia, or Alzheimer’s or vascular dementia (stroke related).
But one of them is an often emotionally overwrought type ( no doubt being a junior high PE teacher over the years can cause it - for real) who has a tendency to blurt out angry remarks that a grownup can dispense with.
:oops:
There she goes , again!

My pop had Alzheimer's disease. I spent every Friday for about 6 years at a facility treating Alzheimer patients.

I generally like you as a poster. I'm not sure why the challenge on this. Biden clearly has some form of dementia. It doesn't take an MD to know that, and anyone denying that has worse cognitive ability than Biden.

Maybe, but are you saying Trump doesn't?

I would not doubt PA. after the whole thing with Dr. OZ. but then trump could do a bunch of rallies there and find some sort of bigtime industrial faction to {pander} talk to. I think steel is a thing of the past but maybe oil and gas?
actually, the next big thing in pa is lithium

Side note: FWIW, a few swing state polls out from teh telegraph today that, to my eye, look a little closer than some we've seen.

Last edited:
The fact that you freely admit to running to the mods whenever you don't agree with something someone else posted clearly shows that you are less than a man.
You going to take up the mantle for our resident Alpha Male now like your buddies, no longer with us, Here4ADay and Hawkeye Hitman?

We need someone to step up due to their, hopefully, permaban.

Based on your posting history, you'd fit the bill. 😆

Pour One Out Malt Liquor GIF

Reactions: cigaretteman

My Mom had vascular dementia from strokes and when she passed at 90 she was in poor shape.
The day before she died my daughter and I went to visit her and we had to spoon feed her - but she wouldn’t allow it until she said “it’s so nice to see you both - have you two ever met each other?”
I’ll never forget that. 🥲

• Sad
Reactions: RagnarLothbrok

My mom had dementia that I witnessed first hand for over 5 years. From what I've seen, Biden doesn't have even a minor form of the disease. Anyone claiming they KNOW Biden has dementia has worse cognitive ability than Trump.🤣

I am not racist nor homophobic. I believe in free speech. You on the other hand condemn everyone who has opinions that are not in line with your views. You're the biggest name caller on this board. The fact that you freely admit to running to the mods whenever you don't agree with something someone else posted clearly shows that you are less than a man.
You are so full of shit.

And I only went to the mods after numerous times of you posting “fag” and other related slurs because it’s so ridiculous.

The fact you think it’s me who has the “name caller” issue just demonstrates how far out of touch with reality you are.

And Ryan, I will put my manhood up against yours every day that ends in y.

Yes, exactly. That’s my point. It would seem polite company has gotten smaller and smaller in Iowa.

Look at this board. Quite a few don’t even hide their racism or homophobia anymore, especially when the WNBA gets brought up. (Women’s basketball triggering so many middle-aged white guys is an entirely separate topic and a total ****ing mystery).

A few weeks ago, when I was in the midst of a pissing match with the mods, I pretty much copied verbatim the racist and homophobic tropes idiots like @RicoSuave102954 and HawkeyeHitman frequently use (I finally got HawkeyeHitman permanently banned I think). I got quite a few likes for those posts.

In short, it’s become en vogue over the last eight years to flaunt being racist and homophobic. That is a drastic change from when I came of age in Iowa. Sad to see.
I think because they don't outright say the n word it means they think they aren't racist. But terms like "Joe and the Ho" are also racist. Slogans like that are being openly sold at Trump rallies. It's insane the amount of openly racist crap a lot of these people are spewing.

Yeah, I must be missing something inside between the two of them.

I was honestly curious if he was a medical professional.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT