ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa No Longer a Swing State

You are so full of shit.

And I only went to the mods after numerous times of you posting “fag” and other related slurs because it’s so ridiculous.

The fact you think it’s me who has the “name caller” issue just demonstrates how far out of touch with reality you are.

And Ryan, I will put my manhood up against yours every day that ends in y.
Fag was dropped endlessly when I was in high school. Smear the queer. "Don't be gay." All of this was said on a daily basis. So it's rich being lectured by some on here that none of this was homophobic language.

Yes, exactly. That’s my point. It would seem polite company has gotten smaller and smaller in Iowa.

Look at this board. Quite a few don’t even hide their racism or homophobia anymore, especially when the WNBA gets brought up. (Women’s basketball triggering so many middle-aged white guys is an entirely separate topic and a total ****ing mystery).

A few weeks ago, when I was in the midst of a pissing match with the mods, I pretty much copied verbatim the racist and homophobic tropes idiots like @RicoSuave102954 and HawkeyeHitman frequently use (I finally got HawkeyeHitman permanently banned I think). I got quite a few likes for those posts.

In short, it’s become en vogue over the last eight years to flaunt being racist and homophobic. That is a drastic change from when I came of age in Iowa. Sad to see.

WHAT?! DA HITMAN BEEN BANNED?!?! WHO’S GONNA DRINK DA SPRITE AND DA SEMEN AT THE I80 REST STOP?!

@LunchBox50 - I’m terrible at this and am going to miss your work.

• Wow
Reactions: RagnarLothbrok
I think because they don't outright say the n word it means they think they aren't racist. But terms like "Joe and the Ho" are also racist. Slogans like that are being openly sold at Trump rallies. It's insane the amount of openly racist crap a lot of these people are spewing.
Trump and MAGAism appeals to most folks lowest and most base instincts. It’s always easier to stir up passions of anger and fear than it is to embrace and accept your fellow man.

Example might be the golf fan at yesterday’s US Open, every time Rory was getting ready to hit, you could hear this asshole chanting “USA! USA!” What for? Other than to be an asshole……

My pop had Alzheimer's disease. I spent every Friday for about 6 years at a facility treating Alzheimer patients.

I generally like you as a poster. I'm not sure why the challenge on this. Biden clearly has some form of dementia. It doesn't take an MD to know that, and anyone denying that has worse cognitive ability than Biden.
First, I am sorry about your father. I can’t imagine having to endure that for so many years.

I was honestly curious if you had medical qualifications because you seemed to be calling out Tom Paris for the lack of his. I would have liked to have read what you thought.

Yes, I agree Biden is old and is not sharp. I have no idea if he can be diagnosed as having dementia. I’m a just a lowly middle school teacher with no medical background whatsoever. Lol.

To my untrained eye, I see Trump having a lot of the same cognitive issues as Biden. Not necessarily as advanced as Biden’s, but Trump is not as coherent as he seemed when he was first running for president in 2016.

I’m still voting Biden. I just think Trump is too dangerous, especially if he is going to be out for vengeance and not focused on running the country.

Fag was dropped endlessly when I was in high school. Smear the queer. "Don't be gay." All of this was said on a daily basis. So it's rich being lectured by some on here that none of this was homophobic language.

I didn't say that,.. I said you grew up with assholes.

Trump and MAGAism appeals to most folks lowest and most base instincts. It’s always easier to stir up passions of anger and fear than it is to embrace and accept your fellow man.

Example might be the golf fan at yesterday’s US Open, every time Rory was getting ready to hit, you could hear this asshole chanting “USA! USA!” What for? Other than to be an asshole……
LOL

Have you listened to Trump give speeches the past year? Trump is miles further down the road as far as cognitive ability.
I would like to get @Finance85 opinion on this. He claims to be an expert and is very confident in his diagnosis of Biden. Have you looked at Trumps symptoms of his cognitive ability? Do you know that his father had alzheimers?

I would like to get @Finance85 opinion on this. He claims to be an expert and is very confident in his diagnosis of Biden. Have you looked at Trumps symptoms of his cognitive ability? Do you know that his father had alzheimers?
i don't see Trump as much as a dementia patient as much as i see him being like Uncle Leo on Seinfeld.

Shoot, when I was in high school, our head football coach used homophobic slurs and tropes at us all the time.

That was the 1990s.

Reactions: Huey Grey
Trump up by nearly 20 points according to Selzer (one of the only pollsters worth listening to).

I knew we were trending red but holy crap that’s a big shift from voting for Obama twice.

Does being up by 20 points just mean 60-40?

I think Trump’s issues have more to do with years of cocaine and RX medicine abuse. ;);) That’s what I think.

• Love
Shoot, when I was in high school, our head football coach used homophobic slurs and tropes at us all the time.

That was the 1990s.
My coach seemed decent. But my God the amount of homophobic crap that was said in the locker room, while they tried tapping each other's balls in the shower, was crazy.

• Wow
People claim Florida is also no longer a swing state, but I don't buy it. DeSantis' huge win in 2022 was deceptive. I know a lot of conservatives are supposedly moving here, but there were already 20 million people.

I heard the same language when we played other teams in basketball. "You're not scoring on me, ******) This wasn't isolated to just my town.

Sorry to hear that,.. also growing up in Iowa, my surroundings were much more accepting.

Reactions: goldmom
WHAT?! DA HITMAN BEEN BANNED?!?! WHO’S GONNA DRINK DA SPRITE AND DA SEMEN AT THE I80 REST STOP?!

@LunchBox50 - I’m terrible at this and am going to miss your work.
I JUST CHECKED AND DA HITMAN HAS NOT POSTED SINCE JUNE 7, WHICH MEANS THE PATRONS OF DA OFF-TOPIC ARE BEING ROBBED OF HIS WISDOM AND FREEDOM!!!!!!!!! WHO AMONGST US IS GOING TO TAKE ON DA BERNIE AND DA SQUAD AND DA CHE GUEVARA AND DA SLOW JOE AND ALL OF DA MARXISTS IF DA HITMAN IS A POLITICAL PRISONER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DA MODS MUST RELEASE DA HITMAN AND LET HIM CONTINUE DA LORD'S WORK!!!!!!!!! DON'T PUT DA HITMAN DA SIDELINES!!!!!!!!! OTHERWISE THIS PLACE WILL JUST BE A CIRCLE JERK OF DA MARXISTS WHO GUZZLE SEMEN AND SOY AND GIVE EACH OTHER DA AIDS IN DA INTERSTATE BATHHOUSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT'S NOT DA AMERICA WE KNOW AND LOVE AND NEED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DA HITMAN GOT DA BANHAMMER AND IS SITTING AT HOME IN SOUTHERN CLAYTON COUNTY DRINKING ICE COLD CANS OF SPRITE AND WAITING TO GET BACK IN DA GAME AND CRUSH DA LIBTAHDS ON DA MESSAGE BOARDS!!!!!!!!!!!! DA MODS NEED TO MAKE THIS RIGHT AND FREE DA HITMAN!!!!!!!!!!! DEEP STATE AND SOROS IS BEHIND THIS!!!!!!

20? I don't believe that. If that were true, it would greatly change my current thinking of the general election. Iowa can't get to 20 without major segments of urban populations swinging to trump, and that would be shocking.
In a poll? Absolutely it can get to 20. When you only call 157 people with a landline you are only going to get a certain segment of the population. Now, the number likely isn't 20 points different, but it would be really easy to get a poll to say that.

In a poll? Absolutely it can get to 20. When you only call 157 people with a landline you are only going to get a certain segment of the population. Now, the number likely isn't 20 points different, but it would be really easy to get a poll to say that.
to be clear, the value is 18 in the poll.

Reactions: BioHawk
This has more to say about Biden than it does Trump. If democrats would run something other than a potato head, that number would be much smaller. Biden has been such a disaster and this number speaks to that.

Has nothing to do with racism or whatever other excuse the left wants to label it. Your telling me that the same state who voted for Obama twice is also racist. Dumb
Oh look, it's another "It's the Democrat's fault I am going to vote for a racist convicted felon who is going to nullify the Constitution" post.

Yes, the same state that voted for Obama twice is also racist. Actually, as has already been stated in this thread, when Obama ran the racists stayed home because they didn't like Bush or McCain either. Those two just weren't racist enough for them. Then they got Trump who gave them permission to be openly racist and assholes and now they come out in force to vote for him. And as it turns out, there are a lot more asshole racists in Iowa than there are educated non-racist people. Well, that and because of stupid state policies Iowa isn't keeping anyone they do manage to educate in the state. Everyone leaves.

Oh look, it's another "It's the Democrat's fault I am going to vote for a racist convicted felon who is going to nullify the Constitution" post.

Yes, the same state that voted for Obama twice is also racist. Actually, as has already been stated in this thread, when Obama ran the racists stayed home because they didn't like Bush or McCain either. Those two just weren't racist enough for them. Then they got Trump who gave them permission to be openly racist and assholes and now they come out in force to vote for him. And as it turns out, there are a lot more asshole racists in Iowa than there are educated non-racist people. Well, that and because of stupid state policies Iowa isn't keeping anyone they do manage to educate in the state. Everyone leaves.
Think of the mental gymnastics you must have went through to try and justify this position. Impressive!

I'm not the one trying to blame Democrats for voting for a convicted felon, rapist, racist for President. You can take your projection elsewhere.
I'm not blaming anyone. Who people vote for is their business but to say that Biden's performance has no factor in this poll number is obtuse. Calling the state now suddenly racist is idiotic.

Reactions: Hans81
How exactly. Our economy is worse off. We are in more conflicts globally. Our border numbers are drastically increased. I'm sorry that the actual facts don't go along with your feelings.
Hex…. “Globally” our (the USA’s) economy is the strongest of any in the world. The best! You need to tell yourself the truth here….no one’s economy is stronger than ours! Our inflation rate is about half of what the rest of the world’s is. Just be truthful with yourself , first.
The border is troublesome but what is your solution? How do you keep people from fleeing their home countries because they legitimately fear for their lives? If we don’t let them in to the USA…do we expect Mexico just to absorb them? What’s you solution?

I'm not blaming anyone. Who people vote for is their business but to say that Biden's performance has no factor in this poll number is obtuse. Calling the state now suddenly racist is idiotic.
You literally contradicted yourself in two statements. You are blaming the mythical "Biden's performance" for why people will vote for the racist, rapist, convicted felon criminal.

Inflation was 0% in May but I can guarantee that if you ask those people what they think it is they will say something around 10%.

My pop had Alzheimer's disease. I spent every Friday for about 6 years at a facility treating Alzheimer patients.

I generally like you as a poster. I'm not sure why the challenge on this. Biden clearly has some form of dementia. It doesn't take an MD to know that, and anyone denying that has worse cognitive ability than Biden.

No he doesn’t. You’re just another guy who doesn’t know what it is and goes for low hanging fruit. It’s a pathetic narrative.

My mom had dementia that I witnessed first hand for over 5 years. From what I've seen, Biden doesn't have even a minor form of the disease. Anyone claiming they KNOW Biden has dementia has worse cognitive ability than Trump.🤣
💯

No he doesn’t. You’re just another guy who doesn’t know what it is and goes for low hanging fruit. It’s a pathetic narrative.
He's consuming doctored videos from the NY Post and other right wing outlets that cut video of Biden doing normal things to make it look like he doesn't know what he is doing.

So the racist stayed home to avoid voting against the black guy? Sound logic Red.
No, they just didn't like their alternative well enough to go out and vote for him. Talking about economic policy or tax cuts isn't going to motivate those types of voters to go out and vote for you.

Reactions: cigaretteman
What has changed in Iowa to make Iowa solid “red” then?
Inflation is a national/international problem brought on by decades of free money and ill aimed tax cuts. Covid exaggerated the weaknesses in the supply chain and these weaknesses were quickly corrected under the Biden Administation. I believe too many Iowans recall “good old days” that seriously never existed and that memory has been encouraged by Trump, MAGAs and Iowa Republicanisn.

Reactions: fsu1jreed
My coach seemed decent. But my God the amount of homophobic crap that was said in the locker room, while they tried tapping each other's balls in the shower, was crazy.
60’s? 70’s? 80’s? 90’s?

I grew up in the 80’s is small town, SW Iowa. Plenty of racism and anti-LGBTQ+ language used back then. I was the subject of some pretty nasty name calling being of Mexican heritage. I’m also guilty of using homophobic slurs and racist language when I was much younger. We were dumb. We lacked culture. We had parents who used that language. I’m glad that many of us from that era evolved and changed. I know there are some who did not. I still live here, so I absolutely know it exists. But it’s much better in 2024 than it was in 1984, or 1974, or 1964. And it’s better now than it was in 1994, 2004 and 2014. We are evolving as humans. Some countries and locations more quickly than others. I’d put the US out in front, along with other countries, as being more accepting of people different than us. Change doesn’t happen overnight. It takes generations. I’m confident we are still headed in the right direction.

Reactions: Tom Paris
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT