ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa recruiting thread.

Agreed. AA isn’t even a question in my mind for Cody. My main question about him is how soon he wins his first national title. Kid is a BEAST, and he’s only getting better
Wouldn’t it be nice
125 Ayala
133 Nagao
141 Woods
149 Chittum
157 Ferrari/Siebrect
165 Kennedy
174 Brands
184 Truax
197 AJ Ferrari
285 Cassioppi

125 Ayala
133 Teske
141 Woods
149 Rathjen/Siebrect/Chittum
157 Chittum/Siebrect
165 Kennedy
174 Brands
184 Assad
197 Franklin/Glazier
285 Cassioppi
This team still brings home a trophy.
Throw in Shane griffin at 174 in top line up for real dream lineup.

Reactions: WWDMHawkeye
I think Gabe RS, Nelson mans 174 next year. Then Gabe mans 174 in 24/25. Just my guess though.
That 24/25 team is going to be FUN!
125 Ayala
133 ?(Hopefully Nagao)
141 Block
157 Chittum/Anthony Ferrari
165 Kennedy
174 Arnold
184?(Assad if he RS in 23/24, Angelo Ferrari, Can Riggins bulk up?)
197? (AJ Ferrari, Franklin)
285 Ben Kueter
With the right pieces added, should be a title contending team

My point was in regards to the speculation of Tovar possibly being a heavyweight. I don't see him as a heavyweight anyway and the 3 guys we have from last year are probably better.

Tough to know if they will still be here in two years. And Marty and Fleishman aren’t exactly world beaters.

Reactions: el dub
Tough to know if they will still be here in two years. And Marty and Fleishman aren’t exactly world beaters.
Sounds like he’s shorter than Tony, who is short for heavyweight, and soft at about 211 according to poster here. Maybe 197, but not sure he gains us anything over kolby. Fine if he’s not eating up scholarship money

Wouldn’t it be nice
125 Ayala
133 Nagao
141 Woods
149 Chittum
157 Ferrari/Siebrect
165 Kennedy
174 Brands
184 Truax
197 AJ Ferrari
285 Cassioppi

125 Ayala
133 Teske
141 Woods
157 Chittum/Siebrect
165 Kennedy
174 Brands
184 Assad
197 Franklin/Glazier
285 Cassioppi
This team still brings home a trophy.
No, but close. Nagao has been spoken for, btw

So we are not getting Davino and Lillendahl. I believe there was talk a while back about feeling really good about getting one of them. Better go all in on Nagao and hope that Ayala can keep 25 for 3 years. If not I wonder what the options are at 25.

Gobblin - I know you had said in the initial transfer discussions that one of the transfers would be very big. Any news on that or has it already been discussed?

Last edited:
Reactions: IRONBIRD
I'm starting to get really frustrated with recruiting. Even with the current last class. They finally pull in PSU level haul and one is already done and another is part time. They will need more than one top 10 p4p guy every couple of years to compete.
Man, losing Nate is looking more painful every day. Thank god for Ayala, or our two traditionally strong weights would be a disaster.

Embarrassment of riches top to bottom now.

125/133- Lilledahl, Davis, Howard, Mason Gibson and Nasdeo.

141- Bartlett/Kasak

149- Van Ness/Kasak

157- Haines/Sealy

165- Haines/Facundo

174- Starocci/Facundo/Barr

184- Barr/Ryder

197- Brooks/Mirasola

285- Kerk/Mirasola
We can put a better line up on the mat. Also should give us a better shot at Nagao!

Really feels like a rerun of the number 1 ranked 2010 class that was supposed to rebuild the championship roster.

I love getting guys like Kennedy and Chittum, but they are getting those guys every damn class. Its getting old. /end of rant I'll just keep donating and hope things turn around.

Embarrassment of riches top to bottom now.

125/133- Lilledahl, Davis, Howard, Mason Gibson and Nasdeo.

141- Bartlett/Kasak

149- Van Ness/Kasak

157- Haines/Sealy

165- Haines/Facundo

174- Starocci/Facundo/Barr

184- Barr/Ryder

197- Brooks/Mirasola

285- Kerk/Mirasola
Facundo is odd man out. Will transfer at some point.

Really feels like a rerun of the number 1 ranked 2010 class that was supposed to rebuild the championship roster.

I love getting guys like Kennedy and Chittum, but they are getting those guys every damn class. Its getting old. /end of rant I'll just keep donating and hope things turn around.

It's getting really depressing. Our main competition are getting blue chip after blue chip and we are stuck groveling in the portal. The only guy we have coming in that is rated better than their PSU counter part recruit is Kueter vs Mirasola but at least they know Mirasola will be wrestling.

Maybe but they still have better guys. Their sloppy seconds that can't make the lineup are not going to get us anything.
Yeah, I didn’t say we should get him then. Just saying he won’t see the mat for more than one more varsity season.

What is the eligibility left on Shane?

Are we still disagreeing on Chitum 149/157?
Same as Nelson.

Not sure we ever disagreed. I do hold firm that our best lineup has Chittum at 149lbs and keeps him closer to his best weight for international success, 65kg. Ultimately I think Cody will call his own shot here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT