ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa school district shuttering...

Maybe education is faltering because democrats destroyed the concept of a nuclear family and want single women to have several children, view them as a commodity with no father around to gain a vote because they depend on your handouts.
I won’t completely cosign this, but I agree the breakdown of the family and terrible parenting explain the why behind a lot of failures in public education.

Welp, the first domino has fallen.

Orient Macksburg school district will disband after a decision by the local school board.

Dim Kim's plan to solve the teacher/administration shortage has been started in Mississippi North. By forcing rural schools to go bankrupt, those employees can go to other schools now.

Fvcking genius move from our drunkard Governor.
Apparently she isn't as dumb as she looks?
You're the fool in this discussion, Honorable Gov Kim Reynolds wasn't the one to disband the Orient Macksburg School District it was the local school board. If anything, this will save the taxpayers money and provide a better educational environment for all involved.

Once again Iowa is on the cutting edge in all thing's education!

School consolidation was happening in Iowa long before I became a teacher. I don’t think it’s realistic or feasible to try to keep really small schools running independently. Not sure what there is to be outraged by.

The fact remains giving public money to fund private school education is still an absolutely disgusting and disgraceful idea and criticism of such an absurd policy stands on its own merits. Complaining about school consolidation in service of that is counterproductive.

That's fair. You acknowledge what the radicals on this board seem to ignore.
I acknowledge it because I live it daily.

I’m biased, but I think many of us teachers excel at doing more with less. Parents are the worst enablers of students. It’s only gotten worse.

That’s why I always say: Raise your kids, you will spoil your grandkids. Spoil your kids, you will raise your grandkids.

The fact remains giving public money to fund private school education is still an absolutely disgusting and disgraceful idea and criticism of such an absurd policy stands on its own merits.

Why do think consumer choice in education would be 'absolutely disgusting and disgraceful'?

Reactions: Pinehawk
Why do think consumer choice in education would be 'absolutely disgusting and disgraceful'?
Is that what’s happening in Iowa? Or are well-off people pocketing more money from the government while most Iowa kids, particularly in rural areas, don’t really have any private school options within a reasonable distance?

It’s been a decade and a half since I lived in Iowa, but I can’t imagine a plethora of private schools have cropped up in rural areas of the state, making a private school education a realistic option for many Iowa families.

Regardless, public funding should never go to private schools. I can’t believe that’s even argued. But if private schools do accept public funding, then they shouldn’t be allowed to discriminate against anyone. Clearly, that’s not the case.

So, yes, it’s absolutely disgusting and disgraceful, regardless of your ridiculous attempt to reframe it into something more palatable. Absolutely shameful and reprehensible.

Regardless, public funding should never go to private schools. I can’t believe that’s even argued.

Should public funding of food stamps be allowed to go to private grocers?
Is that good or bad?

If someone with food stamps disrupts business in a grocery store and threatens other customers to the point the grocer could lose those customers, can they kick the disrupter out and deny their business?
Is that good or bad?

Is that good or bad?

If someone with food stamps disrupts business in a grocery store and threatens other customers to the point the grocer could lose those customers, can they kick the disrupter out and deny their business?
Is that good or bad?
That's just idiotic.

Is that good or bad?

Is that good or bad?
Is this a joke?

Reactions: Ree4
Is this a joke?

No, I’d like to see your honest answers. Trying to understand how you arrive at your conclusions.

Would it be better to not offer food stamps, but have centralized, government run cafeterias (based of course on political districts) to provide food for those unable to afford their own?
We could then ensure they followed federally approved nutritional guidelines, right? Or at least let their neighbors vote on what they eat at the district cafeteria board meetings.

Is there a reason we should eschew that approach and just hand them purchasing power to supplement their diets as their see fit? What if they buy junk food?

You're the fool in this discussion, Honorable Gov Kim Reynolds wasn't the one to disband the Orient Macksburg School District it was the local school board. If anything, this will save the taxpayers money and provide a better educational environment for all involved.

Once again Iowa is on the cutting edge in all thing's education!
If don't bring anything else to this forum, you bring one thing... sarcasm.

In your eyes, Reynolds can do no wrong.

We predicted the policies of this Governor would decimate rural areas. Just underestimated how quickly it would begin.

We predicted the policies of this Governor would decimate rural areas. Just underestimated how quickly it would begin.
We tell these clowns what will happen ahead of time and when it does they STILL have to argue. None of them are capable of saying, “You were right.”

Reactions: MitchLL
It is so dumb when posters say, ‘where are all these new private schools?!’
…When the program is only in its second year and not yet even fully implemented yet.
A new school wouldn’t even be complete yet if they started building when they first heard of this possibility passing the legislature.

First they’ll fill up. Then they’ll expand. Then they’ll build new when needed.

And precisely what policies did what to decimate rural areas?

…When the program is only in its second year and not yet even fully implemented yet.
A new school wouldn’t even be complete yet if they started building when they first heard of this possibility passing the legislature.
STFU. You’ve never been right on this. You’re precisely who I’m talking about.

Reactions: MitchLL

First they’ll fill up. Then they’ll expand. Then they’ll build new when needed.
One of the private schools (K-8) in central Iowa, not Des Moines, is already planning a $4 million addition. They raised tuition to match the state handout and are bringing in far more money than they were before this bill was passed.

One of the private schools (K-8) in central Iowa, not Des Moines, is already planning a $4 million addition. They raised tuition to match the state handout and are bringing in far more money than they were before this bill was passed.
And without a doubt providing a better education than those students received at the public school they escaped from. School choice should be the law of the land.

where they hell is that ?

town of 50 ?

I’m biased, but I think many of us teachers excel at doing more with less. Parents are the worst enablers of students. It’s only gotten worse.

That’s why I always say: Raise your kids, you will spoil your grandkids. Spoil your kids, you will raise your grandkids.
Your last comment above is so true.

Reactions: RagnarLothbrok

Link?

Agree w a lot of this. However most everyone in society that has a real job and life is doing more with less, not just teachers

Last edited:
Reactions: RagnarLothbrok
No. There’s a new round of white flight taking place. We see it around Davenport all the time. Des Moines has it too.

Across this country we know that some schools are engaged in discussions of race, privilege, oppressor/oppressed, etc...

Perhaps some parents aren't pleased when little Jimmy or Janey are being vilified.

Reactions: abby97
From a practicality POV, the reduction in # of counties is a good idea.
But it's political suicide for a political Party to implement that.
NEVER HAPPEN.
And there isn't a town/village/city that wants to lose any school attendance center. That's a "death knell" for any rural area.

Fund public schools properly and there is no need for the voucher/subsidy program.

Rural Iowa is getting neck deep in shit by supporting Republicans. But for some reason, they're too stupid to realize that.
I mean I agree re: school funding but 2 things can be true.

You can despise Reynolds like I do but also realize tiny districts closing isn’t really her fault and is actually a financial necessity.

Funding schools that actually have students is a different topic.

Agree w a lot of this. However most everyone in society that has a real job and life is doibg more with less, not just teachers
I agree.

A lot of regular Americans in many professions do extraordinary work under difficult circumstances.

I am biased in favor of teachers and police officers and other public servants—provided they uphold the honor and integrity of the profession—because many of us are unfairly scrutinized by society.

Across this country we know that some schools are engaged in discussions of race, privilege, oppressor/oppressed, etc...

Perhaps some parents aren't pleased when little Jimmy or Janey are being vilified.
Yet again, you have no idea what you’re talking about.

Those rogue teachers are rarer than the horny female teachers getting boinked by 16-year-old boys.

Be better.

Reactions: EasyHawk
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT