ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa school district shuttering...

Umm, are you saying the ultra-conservative areas of Iowa are all old people?

Not all. But a lot. Ioway Dems only have a chance if the shit small towns of Ioway die off and the people with them while growing urban centers. Everyone acknowledges this slow death is happening. And it starts with the old farts.

Don’t get me wrong, you’ll always have the Orange City, Pella and all the derangement that comes with that.

Getting back to school closings and budget crunches, it's ridiculous to only increase funding to public schools <3%.

Fixed expenses...utilities, fuel for busses, buildings maintenance, and the like have all risen by more than that.
The State's Republicans are major contributors to the problems.
They are intentionally underfunding public education to further their narrative.

Ignored in all of this...private schools are still individually selecting who to accept.
Maybe Regina accepting those minority students that are good at soccer or T&F fits that narrative of "not just white kids".

The kids with intellectual challenges stay in the public setting because private schools don't want to "sully" their student body.
It's understandable that public schools won't test as well. And it gives the private school advocates ammunition to say..."see, I told you so".

Gonna be great in 2/3 years when the voucher program costs exceed estimates by 4X and taxpayers won't have a clue because Terrace Hill/Dept of Education won't allow an audit.
Still angry that Iowa's school age children and their parents have a choice regarding their childrens education?

I thought you Dim Dems were all for "choice"?

Still angry that Iowa's school age children and their parents have a choice regarding their childrens education?

I thought you Dim Dems were all for "choice"?
I believe in the Constitution and the separation of Church and State more than I believe in my “right” to choose anything. The more “church and religion is validated, the less my ability to “choose” is enhanced.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT