ADVERTISEMENT

*****Iowa St vs Iowa Game Thread****

I can say this with complete confidence, Kirk is holding Lester back. I have it on very good authority that's a fact. In fact it was said that Lester went a little rouge 2nd half of last game.
Certainly seems plausible. Iowa went from slight-moderate success early on to downright incapable and handicapped midway through the second quarter.

First game was a whole different team in the second. There's just no way frustrations can't come out from an OC trying to do his job.

Reactions: HawkBall23
How many games does Iowa football lose when one runningback gains nearly 200 yards, 2 TDs, and no fumbles?

This has to be a record outlier loss. 100% on the coaching staff.

For having the longest tenured Head Coach we sure still seem like a boneheaded program.

Reminds me of the Central Michigan loss.
Didn’t we lose a game against MN with a RB (can’t think of his name…big back….got in trouble with a girl….) go over 200+ yards and we lost ?

He had something like 234 yards but it was all between the 20s. Once we got to the redzone it was typical Kirk ball

Reactions: Thunderlips71
Didn’t we lose a game against MN with a RB (can’t think of his name…big back….got in trouble with a girl….) go over 200+ yards and we lost ?

He had something like 234 yards but it was all between the 20s. Once we got to the redzone it was typical Kirk ball
That game was also against an interim coach, if I remember correctly. Kirk seems to have trouble with those interim coaches.

Reactions: BrotherHawkeye
I’m thinking about hiring a witch doctor to come to Kinnick and rid the stadium of all the bad offensive ju ju that has permeated and lingered for many, many years.

It may be our only hope. I swear Tom Brady in his prime would be under the spell at Kinnick. If things break free this year, you’ll know I was successful in hiring the right guy.

I considered this a 50/50 game. Not surprised but disappointed. And multiple factors already addressed, but I watched Rocco start as a freshman last year and have a decent season. And he’s back and beat us. We have a, what, 6-year guy who beat us in the big 10 championship and yet it… is …. So… hard….to… have…a functioning QB.
Some here will beat me up for saying this...but damn, its true. I believe ISU has 3 QB's on roster and one coming in next year as a freshman...who are all better players than Cade McNamara. I'm not trying to be arrogant or insulting, its just that this fact astounds.

A program like Iowa with 45 years of incredibly successful football, massive fan support, solid NIL money and a great reputation as a program...should have 2-3 very talented QB's on roster at ANY given time. QB's should be lined up to come play here...either through the NIL system or just general recruiting. How can a program of Iowa's caliber have...honestly...a continuous nightmare at that critical position for so many years running. Its absolutely astonishing.

I mean, if recruiting at QB hits a sour spot...which happens...how do you not scout, recruit, and bring in a genuine talent for that position? I don't get it. QB is so essential in modern football, and ANY teams ceiling is literally set by the talent at that one position...how is that not the TOP priority for the Iowa staff? I've SEEN Iowa when they have good QB play...they are scary tough to play...I still have Stanzi nightmares. Banks, Tate and many other good ones...but suddenly...just total failure. What the heck is going on at Iowa with its QB recruiting?

I believe she is a retired adult film actress
That kid will be a pro. He's raw having come over from playing WR...but he's 6'4 with good hips and is the fastest player on the team. Look into him...a true testament to persistence after not really seeing the field until his 5th year. Great kid.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT