Pass %.........72%.....25%....33%...29%.......45%
Pass Yds.........72.........8.........6.........13...........99
Rushes.............7..........10........8.........13...........38
Rush Yds.........41........75.......76........12.........204
Per Carry.......5.9.......7.5......9.5......0.9..........5.4
Total Yds........113......83........82......25.........303
Points...............7...........6...........6........0...........19
Time of Possession...................................29:50
And 2 interceptions with zero touchdowns. He was very Deaconish.

The other thing I might try down there on the two and three yard line just put Hayden large in there... maybe direct snap to him ha ha

5cf212084a5598e4bcf4ae24bd8e101c43a73fbd.jpg

The other thing I might try down there on the two and three yard line just put Hayden large in there... maybe direct snap to him ha ha
They make the fricking Wildcat look exotic. They use it incessantly with Tyler Goodson, admittedly with middling results, for a whole year and then it gets deleted from the playbook? Makes no sense.

Reactions: ottumwan in tx
Cade, after the 1st Quarter: 5-18, 27 Yards

The Iowa Offense Today:

............................1st......2nd....3rd....4th
...........................Qtr......Qtr.....Qtr....Qtr......TOTAL
1st Downs........7............3........3.........3..............16
3rd Down......2-4.......1-5........1-2.....2-6........6-17
3rd Down....50%....20%....50%...33%......35%
Passing.........8-11......2-8......1-3.......2-7......13-29
Pass %.........72%.....25%....33%...29%.......45%
Pass Yds.........72.........8.........6.........13...........99
Rushes.............7..........10........8.........13...........38
Rush Yds.........41........75.......76........12.........204
Per Carry.......5.9.......7.5......9.5......0.9..........5.4
Total Yds........113......83........82......25.........303
Points...............7...........6...........6........0...........19
Time of Possession...................................29:50

Brutal.

Anyone have any concerns about Cade now?

ISU had a second string LB unit out there for Christsakes.

No no no....you guys are so clueless. Cade didn't throw off his back foot into coverage last week and get bailed out by receivers going against undersized and less talented DBs. Nope...he so obviously and intentionally "threw the receiver open"...you know, so Tom Brady-like. Playoffs here we come!!

And anyone thinking he wouldn't be able to make the same questionable throws against ISU just "doesn't know anything about football."

Fu--ing idiots.

Ferentz is the 18th highest paid coach. I dunno. Maybe the administration doesn’t want to pay the money it might take to hire a new coach

How many games does Iowa football lose when one runningback gains nearly 200 yards, 2 TDs, and no fumbles?

This has to be a record outlier loss. 100% on the coaching staff.

For having the longest tenured Head Coach we sure still seem like a boneheaded program.

Reminds me of the Central Michigan loss.

Went something like...

"Don't expect much in changes in Lester's offense as Kirk will have his hands in it".

Ed was not using his happy voice. I'd call that a hit on KF.
Must have been why KF went w/ Lester (who was on his way to be Troy's OC) after the dance w/ Kevin Johns.

I remember this past spring and summer many saying Lester would make us forget all about BF. Hold my beer please!
It's been said plenty of times on this board and in this very thread - this is still KF's offense. I suspect Lester probably prefers Sullivan at QB and would be more comfortable catering the offense to him. But it's not Lester's decision.

What adds insult to injury, that worthless shit stain Josh Pate is celebrating. Dude hates everything Iowa stands for. Can't stand that bald loser.

A lot of you cock sucking **** boys are salty at this. Keep coping losers.

Last edited:
So I'm legitimately curious about this. How much input does Kirk have with respect to play calling and offensive strategy once the game is underway?
Isn't a simple comparison between last week and this week enough?

I know there's a difference in quality of competition, but you score 40 last week and today are in position MULTIPLE times to hang a number TDs on the board and you only come away with 1 in all those situations (IE, in the redzone)??

BF sucked, but he wasn't the real problem the past 2-3 seasons.

Isn't a simple comparison between last week and this week enough?

I know there's a difference in quality of competition, but you score 40 last week and today are in position MULTIPLE times to hang a number TDs on the board and you only come away with 1 in all those situations (IE, in the redzone)??

BF sucked, but he wasn't the real problem the past 2-3 seasons.
So are you saying that the OC isn't even calling the plays?

Brutal.

Anyone have any concerns about Cade now?

ISU had a second string LB unit out there for Christsakes.
And we didnt make them cover anyone. Maybe try to scheme your all american te or ostrenga into forcing newbie lbers to cover them? Or how about the play we ran last week like 7-8 times where the te runs straight down the line of scrimmage stretching the field horizontally and either forcing a lber to run out and cover ir making a 185 db fight thru a wr to come up and make a tackle. We avg about 10 yds even time we ran that last week. Didnt see it once today.

I am not sure what was more disappointing today- cades play or our oc's inability to scheme better plays

And we didnt make them cover anyone. Maybe try to scheme your all american te or ostrenga into forcing newbie lbers to cover them? Or how about the play we ran last week like 7-8 times where the te runs straight down the line of scrimmage stretching the field horizontally and either forcing a lber to run out and cover ir making a 185 db fight thru a wr to come up and make a tackle. We avg about 10 yds even time we ran that last week. Didnt see it once today.

I am not sure what was more disappointing today- cades play or our oc's inability to scheme better plays
I really didn't understand the strategy of the offense today. Especially when we had it inside the 5yd, there it seemed really out of sorts.

WTF is Josh Pate?
Sports commentator for 247. I never watched him because he's the type to only love big, winning programs like those in the SEC. But within the past few months I've learned of his love for ISU and hatred for Iowa. Turns out ISU invited him for interviews and tours and they send him gear, so he simps for them. I think what irritates me is how much he hates Iowa's football philosophies and loves to laugh at us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT