ADVERTISEMENT

*****Iowa St vs Iowa Game Thread****

Kirk playing to lose bites us again. One more time for everyone in the back.... When we are inside the 5 KJ needs 1 touch per possession. His only touch resulted in a TD. Other 2 possessions resulted in 3 points.

Reactions: HawkBall23
I considered this a 50/50 game. Not surprised but disappointed. And multiple factors already addressed, but I watched Rocco start as a freshman last year and have a decent season. And he’s back and beat us. We have a, what, 6-year guy who beat us in the big 10 championship and yet it… is …. So… hard….to… have…a functioning QB.

Granted we have no right to laugh at anyone, but it DOES help the mood a bit to laugh at Notre Dame and Coach Prime's epic performances today.

Reactions: obfuscating
I considered this a 50/50 game. Not surprised but disappointed. And multiple factors already addressed, but I watched Rocco start as a freshman last year and have a decent season. And he’s back and beat us. We have a, what, 6-year guy who beat us in the big 10 championship and yet it… is …. So… hard….to… have…a functioning QB.
It's almost like there was a guy named Rudock who left Iowa for a coach with title aspirations and subsequently got drafted ... and a guy named McNamara who left Michigan for a coach with nepotism aspirations, and ended up killing his chance at getting drafted.

The Brilliant Mind running the program thought a guy with one good leg, and one leg that has been destroyed twice over, that just HAPPENS to be the leg he is supposed to use to plant a foot and throw a pass could miraculously recover and perform at a high level again. Is that what we see on the field? How much more tape does everyone need?

Kirk
Does
Not
Understand
QB
Play
And
He
Never
Has
And
Never
Will.

Pretty much this.

Even my Cyclone friends are mocking me about how much better of team Iowa is yet they lost....
I don’t think Iowa has the better team. I’d take ISU’s secondary, QB, WR’s and possibly OL/DL over Iowa. I think Iowa is better at RB, TE and LB.

Reactions: doughuddl2
Open scrimmage:

McNamara “He was 8/24 and late on a lotta passes. Struggling getting the ball to players…who were open.”

Yep ... let's see. QBs who won fewer games as a senior than they did as junior
Tate? Yep
Stanzi? Uh-huh
Vanderbearkiller? Correct
Rudock? He was trending that way when he bolted. (8 wins to 7)
Beathard? Absolutely
Petras? You betcha

If only there was a common denominator that tied them all together.

How many games does Iowa football lose when one runningback gains nearly 200 yards, 2 TDs, and no fumbles?

This has to be a record outlier loss. 100% on the coaching staff.

For having the longest tenured Head Coach we sure still seem like a boneheaded program.

Reminds me of the Central Michigan loss.
And North Dakota State.

WTF I want to know is, how does Captain Conservative allow the STs to keep the punt block on ISU's last drive before halftime, giving the ball back on the 15-yd roughing the kicker call, that should have led to an ISU FG to end the half?

Yes, ISU missed it and it ended up not mattering much, but of all the effing times to not play the game at his base nature.

I mean, seriously, WTF!?

WTF I want to know is, how does Captain Conservative allow the STs to keep the punt block on ISU's last drive before halftime, giving the ball back on the 15-yd roughing the kicker call, that should have led to an ISU FG to end the half?

Yes, ISU missed it and it ended up not mattering much, but of all the effing times to not play the game at his base nature.

I mean, seriously, WTF!?

Remember letting Wisconsin’s punter running for a first down with the game on the line in 2010?

We even had a return guy back when we didn’t even need to field the ball and we win. All we had to do was make sure they punted and it was over.

2 give up plays up the middle. Did anyone tell Kirk we need another 1st to run out the clock?
Neil Cornrich just tweeted:

"Beth, 7 million gets you someone who plays for the punt, rather than the win. Stop being a cheap$kate and pony up."

Oh, and for those who reply with, "Would you be happier with the loss if he made less money?"

Duh. Why would overpaying for fail make someone happy?

Reactions: Thunderlips71
Who?

(I have the vast majority of them on ignore)
Me too lol. They're insufferable, all 10 of them. Their most recent leader Eyes is the worst but I suspect autism, or something along that vein, so I try to not be too hard and just avoid them if possible. Not easy to do with Eyes.

Reactions: HawkBall23
So I'm legitimately curious about this. How much input does Kirk have with respect to play calling and offensive strategy once the game is underway?
I can say this with complete confidence, Kirk is holding Lester back. I have it on very good authority that's a fact. In fact it was said that Lester went a little rouge 2nd half of last game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT