ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State just reloaded..

I’m always confused. Everybody on here thought Wigginton sucked. Now we get a transfer from the vaunted big 10 and he sucks?
*a transfer who started 9 games while shooting 38% from the field on a bottom-tiered team in the vaunted Big Ten

Seems like a chucker. Good luck

Edit: 2 RPG and 1.5 APG to 2.6 TPG looks good too. I’m sure he’ll replace Shayok and Horton-Tucker no problem

Last edited:
Reactions: buchs
Look at his advanced stats to see why his minutes were reduced. PSU had better players to run the ball through.

Bolton was 6th in conference play on their roster for PER and 8th for WS/40.

Joe Toussaint is going to step in and drop 12 per as a true frosh no problem

Reactions: mtdew_fever
Joe Toussaint is going to step in and drop 12 per as a true frosh no problem
Not a chance. Wanna know why? He won’t take 10 shots per game. I bet he averages well over 1.5 APG if Bohannon’s out though

Look at his advanced stats to see why his minutes were reduced. PSU had better players to run the ball through.

Bolton was 6th in conference play on their roster for PER and 8th for WS/40.

Go compare Boltons freshman year to some of the best lead guards in recent Hawkeye memory (Oliver, Horner, Gessell). Kid is a big time player.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/dean-oliver-1.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/jeff-horner-1.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/mike-gesell-1.html

Go compare Boltons freshman year to some of the best lead guards in recent Hawkeye memory (Oliver, Horner, Gessell). Kid is a big time player.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/dean-oliver-1.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/jeff-horner-1.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/mike-gesell-1.html

Gessel had an above average PER and WS/40 as a true freshman.

Bolton was below average.

Gesell actually could play defense and had a 2 defensive box score per minute.

Bolton had a negative defensive box.

You're not proving a point other than Bolton's a chucker that doesn't play defense.

Reactions: gleen
Based off the following players freshman season stats who would ISU fans rather have?

Bolton:

11.6. PPG
2.0 RPG
1.5 APG
2.6 TO/G
38.3% FG
36.1% 3FG
87.6% FT%
98.1 ORtg1
106.9 DRtg
11.8 PER
47.1% eFG
24.9% USG
.070 WS/40

Player B:

10.9 PPG
2.2 RPG
5.1 APG
2.2 TO/G
38.8% FG
41.6% 3FG
85.5% FT%
112.2 ORtg1
110.3 DRtg
14.9 PER
53.5% eFG
19.1% USG
.105 WS/40

Last edited:
Based off the following players freshman season stats who would ISU fans rather have?

Bolton:

11.6. PPG
2.0 RPG
1.5 APG
2.6 TO/G
38.3% FG
36.1% 3FG
87.6% FT%
98.1 ORtg1
106.9 DRtg
11.8 PER
47.1% eFG
24.9% USG
.070 WS/40

Player B:

10.9 PPG
2.2 RPG
5.1 APG
2.2 TO/G
38.8% FG
41.6% 3FG
85.5% FT%
112.2 ORtg1
110.3 DRtg
14.9 PER
53.5% eFG
19.1% USG
.105 WS/40
“I’ll take the guy who makes his free throws”
-ISU fans

Bolton:

11.6. PPG
2.0 RPG
1.5 APG
2.6 TO/G
38.3% FG
36.1% 3FG
87.6% FT%
98.1 ORtg1
106.9 DRtg
11.8 PER
47.1% eFG
24.9% USG
.070 WS/40

Player B:

10.9 PPG
2.2 RPG
5.1 APG
2.2 TO/G
38.8% FG
41.6% 3FG
85.5% FT%
112.2 ORtg1
110.3 DRtg
14.9 PER
53.5% eFG
19.1% USG
.105 WS/40
I would take them both in a heartbeat but both have obvious holes in those numbers to work on.

Yes

More specifically, have you ever criticized his recruiting? Every recruiting or transfer thread that has negative comments you jump all over the posters and act like Fran can do no wrong.

Have you read the actual comments?

That wasnt the question.

If you could only choose one, which one would it be?
Impossible to answer. Player B could have played in the Sun Belt and be 5'5", 150 pounds. His defense numbers are pretty miserable. So when pressed to pick one I will take the one Coach Prohm wanted

Reactions: gleen
Impossible to answer. Player B could have played in the Sun Belt and be 5'5", 150 pounds. His defense numbers are pretty miserable. So when pressed to pick one I will take the one Coach Prohm wanted

Player B plays in a P6 conference.

Bolton listed at 6'2 180 lbs.

Player B at 6'1 185 lbs.

Of course crazy agenda driven people interpret it as defending Fran. I simply like point out to irrational people that using speculative worst case scenarios and pure conjecture to further your agenda means you are really dumb and likely a real loser. You are free to choose either side.

Reactions: jimbob22
I’m always confused. Everybody on here thought Wigginton sucked. Now we get a transfer from the vaunted big 10 and he sucks?

I never said Wigginton sucked. I guess ai don't get to be included in everybody. It's an okay pickup for Iowa St. I don't know why it's a negative that they got him, it does provide depth. However, it's a little undeserved to have all the ISU fans come flocking to stick up for their program.

Player B is Bohannon as a freshman lol.

Someone needs to post that side by side on CF. I would love to watch the back pedaling or how they can try and twist the numbers in Bolton's favor.

Someone needs to post that side by side on CF. I would love to watch the back pedaling or how they can try and twist the numbers in Bolton's favor.
This makes no sense to me I guess. I would gladly take either Bohannon or Bolton on the ISU roster. How do these numbers somehow change that? Bolton needs to work on offensive efficiency. That is something that ISU is good at improving. Shayok and Jacobson saw theirs soar over their previous seasons. So did many other transfers before them.

Reactions: Cyanide
I will bet that Bolton has a better year than Bohanon.

You think every ISU basketball player is Kevin Durant and every ISU football player is a future NFL All-Pro. What you say about anything is irrelevant because you are as objective as a pageant mom thinking her fat little 8 year old is going to win a beauty contest.

Don’t be disingenuous. Hawk fans that are objective haven’t said Wigginton sucks. You usually are a better poster then the other Cyclone rubes that post here. It’s one of those hayseeds that came to this site claiming that Iowa St “reloaded” by getting Bolton. He’s a nice pick-up but you know full well that he isn’t a game changer and it doesn’t mean everything is perfect in Cyclone land. Don’t fall into that pit these other Cyclone trolls that live here play in.

Reactions: buchs
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT