ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State just reloaded..

Triangle - I think Prohm is about as safe as Coach K. I posted on the football board with as abysmal is Matty C is doing recruiting I think he sees the writing on the wall that this is a Hawkeye State. They had all the momentum last year and crapped the bed at every turn and now is stuck beating out Colgate, Georgetown and Bucknell for recruits and will take the Chizik exit as Purdy will also leave after this year. No way the “bear” a/k/a Pollard can afford to get a new football coach, buyout Prohm and hire a new b-ball coach next year. Prohm is going no place soon unless he chooses to get out of the dumpster fire he has made that program.
The football class is nowhere close to Iowa's for sure. But a 247 Composite Score of 0.8401 is not horrible. Head to head recruiting Iowa is killing Iowa State in state for sure and I would love to get those guys but there are other players out there.

If you are saying Born or Bayless who have never even played D1 vs a Kid who played 2 years at Memphis are better options you're nuts. Nobody else offered either one of them why would Iowa State?
Even though the kid who is transferring to IA State from Memphis was higher ranked coming out of HS, I think you will be kicking yourselves in the butt for not bringing in Born. I see a higher upside with Born.

L Wade - not going to argue. But I have never ever accused someone’s family member of committing suicide when they died of cancer. That to me is a miserable person. Legend may have 50k posts and has taken a strange interest in me. Man should have stuck to wrestling and football boards. Wow. Carry on.

Did I ever comment about you or to you under this screen name before you started a thread and tagged me?

You shoulda kept my name out yo mouth.

Hayes - simple hypothetical. Assume these facts are true for your favorite team. Preseason ranked. End of the season unranked. According to many, best talent in team history. Lose at home to your biggest rival for the 5th year in a row. Favored in 10 games. Finish 7-6. Get boat raced in the Camping World Bowl. No players drafted. Your main rival in a small state has commits from 8 out of 10 of the highest ranked players and your team has zero. The recruiting will be about the same or worse than the prior coach that was fired. Now Hayes, if all of that were true, what would say about your coach and program? Pretty simple (and spoiler alert all of what I listed is true).

Reactions: Da_Big_Ticket
Hayes - simple hypothetical. Assume these facts are true for your favorite team. Preseason ranked. End of the season unranked. According to many, best talent in team history. Lose at home to your biggest rival for the 5th year in a row. Favored in 10 games. Finish 7-6. Get boat raced in the Camping World Bowl. No players drafted. Your main rival in a small state has commits from 8 out of 10 of the highest ranked players and your team has zero. The recruiting will be about the same or worse than the prior coach that was fired. Now Hayes, if all of that were true, what would say about your coach and program? Pretty simple (and spoiler alert all of what I listed is true).
? This is a basketball thread. Are you confused?

BB - often confused. I stipulate. Please excuse my misstep. Was simply responding to what appears to be either a pontification or a justification. That’s all. Thanks for the correction.

Reactions: BBHawk
If you are saying Born or Bayless who have never even played D1 vs a Kid who played 2 years at Memphis are better options you're nuts. Nobody else offered either one of them why would Iowa State?
5-9 guard with a PER rating of 10.9, about the same as Zion Griffin last year. 25 assists to 45 turnover? Good lord. I think I'd rather have Born for four years.

The football class is nowhere close to Iowa's for sure. But a 247 Composite Score of 0.8401 is not horrible. Head to head recruiting Iowa is killing Iowa State in state for sure and I would love to get those guys but there are other players out there.
Not horrible? .8401 is dead last in the big 12, and ahead of only Illinois from the Big 10.

Isn’t horrible?

LOL!

ISU's average composite score is 59th out of 64 P5 teams.

Hopefully Xavier gets to reap what he has sown....unless he transfers. I was a dumb 17 yr old once too

ISU whiffing on another transfer today or they said to have stopped recruiting him. Jose Perez.

ISU whiffing on another transfer today or they said to have stopped recruiting him. Jose Perez.
'
Same with the Salnave kid from Monmouth.

I said yesterday, not sure what Prohm's plan is here. Hes got 9 guys that are eligible next season at this point on scholarship. 5 of them have never played in a P6 league and 2 more (Conditt and Jackson) have shown next to nothing at this level to this point.

Last edited:
'
Same with the Salnave kid from Monmouth.

I said yesterday, not sure what Prohm's plan is here. Hes got 9 guys that are eligible next season at this point on scholarship. 5 of them have never played in a P6 league and 2 more (Conditt and Jackson) have shown next no nothing at this level to this point.
Might be hoping there is no season.

It’s hysterical how cyfan reports on where they stand with these transfers for 2 weeks then the night before their decision Williams lets everyone know that ISU never offered.

Just like all the football recruits we’ve been taking with isu offers. They all claim isu backed off before they committed to Iowa....Terrific strategy back off of the good prospects and settle for lower ranked guys with no power 5 offers. They even claimed that davidkov offers to michigan and Osu weren’t “legit” even though he had official visits set up as well as Waggoner who was a 4* when he picked Iowa over a dozen major programs. Lunacy at its best.

I will give them this it’s fun to watch them for the 25th+ time try and spin it why a b-ball transfer picked another school over them.

Reactions: Fran-Con-2
Just like all the football recruits we’ve been taking with isu offers. They all claim isu backed off before they committed to Iowa....Terrific strategy back off of the good prospects and settle for lower ranked guys with no power 5 offers. They even claimed that davidkov offers to michigan and Osu weren’t “legit” even though he had official visits set up as well as Waggoner who was a 4* when he picked Iowa over a dozen major programs. Lunacy at its best.

I will give them this it’s fun to watch them for the 25th+ time try and spin it why a b-ball transfer picked another school over them.

However - Purdys Alabama offer was obviously legit.

Mitch - ISU is in deep trouble. They cannot recruit at all. Matty is beating out Georgetown, Scared Heart and Colgate for d-1 football recruits, Prohm is well a disaster and Dreaser is giving both a run for their money at a dumpster fire in recruiting. Their fans want Prohm gone. Matty is gone after this year. And Dresser loses most of his team next year. ISU is broke and will need to hire a new football coach, can’t afford to buyout Prohm and get a new coach, and Pollard hates wrestling. Basically all 3 sports and the entire AD will plummet even if ISU doesn’t crap the bed again in football. Yikes. Woof.

Reactions: CP84
Mitch - ISU is in deep trouble. They cannot recruit at all. Matty is beating out Georgetown, Scared Heart and Colgate for d-1 football recruits, Prohm is well a disaster and Dreaser is giving both a run for their money at a dumpster fire in recruiting. Their fans want Prohm gone. Matty is gone after this year. And Dresser loses most of his team next year. ISU is broke and will need to hire a new football coach, can’t afford to buyout Prohm and get a new coach, and Pollard hates wrestling. Basically all 3 sports and the entire AD will plummet even if ISU doesn’t crap the bed again in football. Yikes. Woof.

Things missing, "Bear", 3-17, baseball jab and cross country mention.

images

And I am fully aware of how annoying Clone fans have become......although eerily quiet lately.......

Thanks CID. I still am though confused that other people post in this ISU thread more than me including people actually counting ISU posts from CF and yet you and Legend only focus when I post. If you didn’t notice except just jump to my post I specially responded to a post on ISU recruiting. And there are other posts here on ISU offer stuff. Hmmmm. Neat you follow me. Thanks man.

Thanks CID. I still am though confused that other people post in this ISU thread more than me including people actually counting ISU posts from CF and yet you and Legend only focus when I post. If you didn’t notice except just jump to my post I specially responded to a post on ISU recruiting. And there are other posts here on ISU offer stuff. Hmmmm. Neat you follow me. Thanks man.

Couple O' notes for you. I don't follow you, your posts stand out because they are fairly repetitive and don't vary considerably. You have moved past your twins obsession so that is a positive. Also you don't follow me so you don't really notice that I do mention when people are still beating the same drum repeatedly. And you hurt me by lumping me in with legend. That goes into the unacceptable category and we will tangle if that is how it's going to be. :)

Touché CID. And u are right my apologies. Went off the reservation. Go figure. Have a good and safe weekend.

Recruits know more conference realignment is coming and that it’s not likely to turn out well for Iowa State.

An 84 composite last year would have ended up in the 50s to 60s. Not good.

My guess would be ISU finishes in the mid to high 40s while Iowa is in the low to mid 20s.

Update for those keeping score... ISU now is 1 for 29. Some Foreman kid just picked someone other than the Fightin Clones.

On to the next one. Every time a kid chooses another destination, the Clone's chances increase with the next announcement.

Bizarre how they believe that every single one of these transfers would make them an NCAA tourney team. Do they not realize that the returning players aren't that good to begin with?

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
Bizarre how they believe that every single one of these transfers would make them an NCAA tourney team. Do they not realize that the returning players aren't that good to begin with?

You are right anyone they get they think is the one missing piece to take them back to the tourney. It is truely amazing. Even the one guy they got a 5'9" G from Memphis they think is a huge pickup. He put up avg numbers for them last year and 5th leading scorer. So impressive he didn't even make ESPN's top 50 sit out transfers for this year. Can't wait to watch Joe T to dominate the next few years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT