ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State just reloaded..

I honestly think Prohm might get fired if they go 10-20 or whatever. They are terrible. Have some athletes but that team is trash. And I’m sure 3-4 more will transfer in and 3-4 more will come in next year. Revolving door.

That is the worst Iowa State team I can ever remember seeing. That team is just plain bad.

Iowa has as many top 20 wins this week as ISU has total wins this season.

tenor.gif

After picking up 6'7 230 pound Ole Miss transfer Blake Hinson this week I think ISU is done doing any kind of reloading this off season. Harris, Colman-Lands, and Hinson to add to the incoming Freshman, and what is coming back make ISU's roster better 2-13 than it was last season. I really like the way the roster looks this season especially if Harris, and Hinson get waivers. I still think Iowa is the better in state team as of right now but at least ISU looks to be competitive in the Big 12 again.
This.is.hilarious!

Rather odd how the clowns kept telling us how much better their four recruits were coming into this year, when none of them, including the 5* Foster, have contributed as much as our "fall-back," Keegan.

Blue bloods just reload.

And thats what Iowa st is. Them and Kansas, the two power houses of the Midwest.

Do you guys know how many big12 tournaments isu has won? That's the true measure of success.

Rather odd how the clowns kept telling us how much better their four recruits were coming into this year, when none of them, including the 5* Foster, have contributed as much as our "fall-back," Keegan.

Foster has been battling an injury.

Wish Foster the best but man this seems like a huge screw up by all involved. If this is from high school it should have been addressed before the season. Big guys and foot problems can be a bad thing, see Sam Bouie, Bill Walton and Greg Odin.

They have the real chance next year of being historically bad. Normally even bad teams have a player or 2 that can compete enough to keep the team competitive most nights, even if they don't win a lot games. ISU is looking like they won't have that.

200.gif

Wish Foster the best but man this seems like a huge screw up by all involved. If this is from high school it should have been addressed before the season. Big guys and foot problems can be a bad thing, see Sam Bouie, Bill Walton and Greg Odin.

Yao Ming.

The loss of Haliburton will be tough to replace. But potentially adding 3 players who averaged 8, 11, and 10 ppg in the American, Big East, and SEC imo is an upgrade to Lewis, Griffin, and Grill. Time will tell but I'm not as worried about the season as I was before if all the parts come together. PG is still a question tho.
Still not worried about the season Hayes_30? I tried to bet a die-hard clone fan the over/under on wins at 6.5 and he wouldn't touch it. That's all I need too know about where the program heading. Keep extending Prohm

Still not worried about the season Hayes_30? I tried to bet a die-hard clone fan the over/under on wins at 6.5 and he wouldn't touch it. That's all I need too know about where the program heading. Keep extending Prohm
Not really. Just like everyone else my family has had a horrible 2020 potentially worse than most with a few different serious life threatening conditions not covid related we have had to overcome and currently fighting. Win or loose Iowa State sports is my escape from real life for a few hours. Most of the time it's not enough to keep my mind off of things. It helps tho.

• Haha
Reactions: TJHall1
Not really. Just like everyone else my family has had a horrible 2020 potentially worse than most with a few different serious life threatening conditions not covid related we have had to overcome and currently fighting. Win or loose Iowa State sports is my escape from real life for a few hours. Most of the time it's not enough to keep my mind off of things. It helps tho.
Sorry to hear that. And you have to endure IA State basketball! Oh, the agony!

Hope the family things work out well for you. The rest of this stuff is pretty insignificant compared to that.

:)

you-spelled-lose.jpg

Sorry man. Hang in there

I guess it depends on your definition of hit. Shayok and Jacobson were very good. Beverley was a starter on a poor team. Bowie contributed on a good team. Brase got hurt again. Holden and Talley did not do much. Kasongo was a dumb decision. I think NixIon will be a heavy contributor. I would say currently a 50 percent clip of contributors and heading up. The competition for transfers is much different than under Hoiberg as I think you will see watching Fred's transfers now vs his ones at ISU.

That was a bit of a troll, fair points here.

1. Bolton was a true freshman that averaged 11 PPG in a P6 league. There is definitely something to build on there.
2. I do think he is a game changer for this ISU team. We needed outside shooting badly. I know he wore down over the season and many other things. He can do that and we should expect him to provide it next year. My expectations went from being outside the tourney next season to being in it, although barely.

Ended up 12-20.

For sure. Bolton, Haliburton, Nixon, Jacobsen and Young are all proven at this level. Conditt, Lewis and Griffin need to take that next step they were all fairly highly regarded recruits. Maybe 1-2 from the freshman class make a big impact. 6-10 ish seed in the NCAA tournament is my expectation.

Ended the season at 12-20, not as a 6-10 seed if the tourney would have been played.

Nixon put up 16.1 per game at Colorado State and all that Prohm highlights is that he will be our best defender next year. With a year to work on his game and a 5th year senior I'd predict he is Iowa States leading scorer. If I had to guess Nixon, Haliburton, Bolton and Jacobsen will all average right around 12-13 ppg. I wouldn't be shocked to see Jacobsen really elevate his game and get into the 15-16 ppg territory. He was extremely efficient last year I think the Clones run more offense to him on the block playing the 4.

LOL

We will see because Prohm knows defense and he has commented on this kid.

ISU's AdjD since this post was made:

Last season: 147
This season: 145

After picking up 6'7 230 pound Ole Miss transfer Blake Hinson this week I think ISU is done doing any kind of reloading this off season. Harris, Colman-Lands, and Hinson to add to the incoming Freshman, and what is coming back make ISU's roster better 2-13 than it was last season. I really like the way the roster looks this season especially if Harris, and Hinson get waivers. I still think Iowa is the better in state team as of right now but at least ISU looks to be competitive in the Big 12 again.

0-10 in the Big 12 after last night says otherwise.

There are serious posts on CF that suggest Prohm should consider walking away, a couple suggest giving up his buyout because of what he has done to ISU basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT