ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State sweet 16 first year coach. Lol

Arkansas hired their coach in 2019 and they are in the elite 8…..year 13 for Fran and nothing

Last edited:
Reactions: dekhawk
TJ had at best a decent season with a couple lucky wins in the tourney. Fran has built a very good program. If the great TJ can eclipse the elusive 40% conference win percentage next year maybe it’s worth a conversation. But until then Iowa State is basically St Peters - a tourney novelty, but far from a top program. Iowa isn’t a top program either but the trajectory is much clearer than ISU.
2-22 last season, 0-18 in Big 12 play. This season, undefeated in non conference play. Yes, 7-11 in conference play, but the Big 12 was the best conference overall from top to bottom, no bottom feeder teams to grab a few gimme wins. NCAA Tournament, beat a 6 and a 3 seed, won’t be 3 seed basically playing a home game. Oh, and ISU had the best single season turnaround in NCAA history- if it’s not the best ever, it’s top three. ISU has a very good incoming freshmen class for next year, plus a good transfer from Georgetown. I’d say ISU has overachieved in TJ’s 1st season, but far from a novelty act. It would seem like a pretty bright outlook to many people.

I hate ISU. But past 10 years...20 years..ISU program been far far better..and it isn’t close.

4 Sweet 16’s..4-5 conf tourney titles...Dozen nba players Last 10 years.

When were the four ISU sweet 16’s over the last 20 years?

I heard on local CR sports radio show ISU was 1 point favorite. Don't know how accurate that is, or if the line has changed. Whatever the bettors think, it should be a good game!
KenPom and BartTorvik sites both have Iowa State favored, oddsmakers opened the line as ISU -1 and betters moved it to Miami this week.

What does that have to do with anything?
You said TJ “made history”. I was colorfully disagreeing. If ISU wins the tourney as an 11 that would constitute making history. But making the Sweet 16, just as Steve Prohm did in his first year…not “making history”.

2-22 last season, 0-18 in Big 12 play. This season, undefeated in non conference play. Yes, 7-11 in conference play, but the Big 12 was the best conference overall from top to bottom, no bottom feeder teams to grab a few gimme wins. NCAA Tournament, beat a 6 and a 3 seed, won’t be 3 seed basically playing a home game. Oh, and ISU had the best single season turnaround in NCAA history- if it’s not the best ever, it’s top three. ISU has a very good incoming freshmen class for next year, plus a good transfer from Georgetown. I’d say ISU has overachieved in TJ’s 1st season, but far from a novelty act. It would seem like a pretty bright outlook to many people.
Agree that they definitely overachieved. We’ll have to see where they go from here.

Reactions: rbcy
Iowa's future??? To do what....more first round choke jobs with stationary unathletic recruits??? I'd trade places with Creighton every day of the year and twice on Fridays. Fran is joke!!!
Ok. If you want to change places with Creighton you should. I don’t know how you are going to become a small, midwestern, Jesuit university, but live your dream man.

You're the 1st person who has said this lol. They have one of the better offensive teams in the nation.

You heard it here first! :)

7 turnovers for both teams 12 minutes into the game. Miami up 17-14. ... Sloppy ... sloppy game. Defenses in control.

Miami is the worst defensive team left in the field ranked 123rd. The only thing they do well on defense is turn people over.

USC had 4 starters over 6’9”. 18 turnovers.

Auburn’s guards have been scrutinized all year for making poor decisions. 13 turnovers.

Miami took advantage of good matchups. Iowa failed to.

ISU 18 turnovers and they shot 37% FG (and 4-22 from three). Miami has been doing that lately.

Oh make no mistake about it, we blew you out this year. Tune in Friday and cheer us on for a spot in the Elite 8! Youll have nothing else to do?
Yowza! Looks like I couldn’t have been more right!!

On the flip side you couldn’t have been more wrong!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT