ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa State sweet 16 first year coach. Lol

That brings up a good point; if the Iowa and ISU rosters are combined this season, is that a Final 4 type squad?

Is Fran the coach?

His two boys are guaranteed 40 min/game---they aren't bad players, but neither is a complete player.
PMAC doesn' play defense, CMAC doesn't have offense.

Give the ISU coach Keegan, Kris, Perkins, JoeT and yeah, that would be a final-4 team....oh yeah, add in CMAC for the glue.

CyFan has a In-state Rivals category which is about the only place their monitors will allow Iowa fans to post. Perhaps Kakert ought to take their cue and start one on this board so we aren't subjected to the harangue of clown fans every time they achieve a modicum of success. We don't see them much during football season after we beat them and didn't have to put up with them much after beating them three times in a row in basketball. Now suddenly, they are back in force. Nothing worse than a braying clown!

And it seems as though there are a number of Hawk fans on this board that are willing to jump ship for the newly found success of TJ O and the Clones. I encourage them to do so. Their constant denigration of the Hawks would be welcomed with open arms on their board and would not be missed by many of us here.

Last edited:
CyFan has a In-state Rivals category which is about the only place their monitors will allow Iowa fans to post. Perhaps Kakert ought to take their cue and start one on this board so we aren't subjected to the harangue of clown fans every time they achieve a modicum of success. We don't see them much during football season after we beat them and didn't have to put up with them much after beating them three times in a row in basketball. Now suddenly, they are back in force. Nothing worse than a braying clown!

And it seems as though there are a number of Hawk fans on this board that are willing to jump ship for the newly found success of TJ O and the Clones. I encourage them to do so. Their constant denigration of the Hawks would be welcomed with open arms on their board and would not be missed by many of us here.
I agree.

So, you don't think that losing your "STARTING POINT GUARD " early in the game is anything to be concerned about?

🙄
Oh sure it is something but I don't think Hepburn is some game changer. Especially against a really good defense like ISU. In 14 minutes he had zero points and 2 turnovers. Davis is their main playmaker.

Reactions: Hendy hawk
CyFan has a In-state Rivals category which is about the only place their monitors will allow Iowa fans to post. Perhaps Kakert ought to take their cue and start one on this board so we aren't subjected to the harangue of clown fans every time they achieve a modicum of success.
I've been saying this for years - CyFan got it right by getting all of the junk allocated to an "opt-in only" forum so the rest of the board doesn't have to see the rivalry BS. Plus CF banned the trolls like CyTwins while we still have idiots like HerkyFan running around.

Is Fran the coach?

His two boys are guaranteed 40 min/game---they aren't bad players, but neither is a complete player.
PMAC doesn' play defense, CMAC doesn't have offense.

Give the ISU coach Keegan, Kris, Perkins, JoeT and yeah, that would be a final-4 team....oh yeah, add in CMAC for the glue.
I don't think I ever seen Connor or Patrick play 40 minutes in any game.

When the clones were going through their 4 and 3 game losing streaks, there were plenty of fans that thought he was in over his head. They did finish seventh in their league and lost twelve games. Now he's god's gift to basketball. He was very adept at using the portal, something our coach could learn from, but I'm sure there are other schools that took the same approach that didn't have the same success. Taking kids that are unhappy with their original (or second) choice has to be a bit of a crapshoot. It paid off for the clones this season.
Curious to know where you think Iowa would have finished in the Big 12? You lost to the 7th place team by 20. Thats the same team that just beat your conference champion. Iowa would have been 8th or 9th at best.

Curious to know where you think Iowa would have finished in the Big 12? You lost to the 7th place team by 20. Thats the same team that just beat your conference champion. Iowa would have been 8th or 9th at best.
Clown won their Super Bowl and beat Wisconsin without their staring PG and a dinged up Davis just like Nebraska.

Tell us why we must ignore this CyTwit.

There is no way to know this as the transitive theory has proven to be false in sports repeatedly. Every team goes through ups and downs during the season. Iowa and Iowa State played at a point in the season where Iowa State was playing well and Iowa was struggling. Iowa turned it around at the beginning of February and played well through the B10 tournament before laying an egg in the NCAA tournament. Iowa State struggled during the conference portion of their schedule, but has played better in the tournament. Congratulations to Iowa State for playing well in the NCAA tournament.

Clown won their Super Bowl and beat Wisconsin without their staring PG and a dinged up Davis just like Nebraska.

Tell us why we must ignore this CyTwit.
Wait, I thought Iowa was our superbowl? Just cant keep which teams we beat are our superbowl amymore? Hawks had a weak conference and got exposed when mighty Richmond came calling. But do tell us how it really is Herky.....

There is no way to know this as the transitive theory has proven to be false in sports repeatedly. Every team goes through ups and downs during the season. Iowa and Iowa State played at a point in the season where Iowa State was playing well and Iowa was struggling. Iowa turned it around at the beginning of February and played well through the B10 tournament before laying an egg in the NCAA tournament. Iowa State struggled during the conference portion of their schedule, but has played better in the tournament. Congratulations to Iowa State for playing well in the NCAA tournament.

That's BS. When Iowa played Iowa State both teams were undefeated, right? So now you say Iowa was struggling.....?? The way I remember it, Iowa was smoking the competition, albeit was very weak.

Iowa State is undefeated against non-conference foes but has 12 losses in the Big 12. 6 of them against the likes of one seeds Baylor and Kansas, and against 3 seed Texas Tech. That's some pretty salty competition. And the Big 12 has proven to be a very worthy opponent in the NCAAs as well.

That's BS. When Iowa played Iowa State both teams were undefeated, right? So now you say Iowa was struggling.....?? The way I remember it, Iowa was smoking the competition, albeit was very weak.

Iowa State is undefeated against non-conference foes but has 12 losses in the Big 12. 6 of them against the likes of one seeds Baylor and Kansas, and against 3 seed Texas Tech. That's some pretty salty competition. And the Big 12 has proven to be a very worthy opponent in the NCAAs as well.

Actually, no Iowa wasn’t undefeated going into Iowa State. They were coming off of two losses (@Purdue and ILL). With both Keegan and Patrick missing games just prior to this, so who knows how healthy either were.

They were smoking extremely weak competition up to that point with their best win to date being a one point shellacking @ UVA.

It was the only point in Iowa’s season with a three game losing streak and only one other point in the season did Iowa have a two game losing streak. Was it the lowest point in Iowa’s season? Probably hard to argue against, with the only other option being a home loss to Purdue and a double OT loss at PSU.

Reactions: mooresville hawk

Your memory is faulty. You may want to go back and look at the numbers.

Reactions: iahawks10
Easy with the "you people" there, dude. Absolutely no one on this board has any say in Iowa's head coach. If it were up to me he would have been gone after the 2018 season; I think it was pretty clear after 8 years what he was and what he wasn't. Instead, he is under contract for another excruciating 6 seasons. With that paper tiger BTT championship that has many Iowa fans pacified, I seriously doubt he's going anywhere before the end of that contract, unless by some miracle President Wilson dumps our gelding of an A.D. Enjoy ruling the State of Iowa in basketball for the foreseeable future. Iowa will NEVER get a coach like T.J. as long as the powers-that-be remain afraid of landing another Lickliter.
To be fair, though, MANY fans have been bitching about the fact FranMac had only made it to Saturday of BTT just one time, which also happened to be the year the team got a double-bye.

I don’t mind JBo exposing the garbage, just wish it was after the season. For two reasons. 1) Well, theoretically it helps the team stay on-task and focused, and 2) Assuming Iowa doesn’t win the entire thing, after the dust settles a little, theoretically the exposing of this type of shit is met with more empathy and support. Like, maybe talking heads with a media presence sort of adopt the cause, get behind the implied message that this type of social media shit needs to stop.

As an antiestablishment sort of antagonistic type, I like that JBo isn’t afraid to speak up. Connor, too. But I’m also a fan, hungry for Iowa to enjoy the NCAA success that seemingly everyone else (at this point)
JBo and Connor speak up a lot. And yet, what does either have to show for it?

As for "anti-Establishment", both are anything but. Each comes from a privileged background with a built-in entitlement that shows through, loud and clear, in their social media activity.

Virtue-signaling ain't usually a "virtue".

Wait, I thought Iowa was our superbowl? Just cant keep which teams we beat are our superbowl amymore? Hawks had a weak conference and got exposed when mighty Richmond came calling. But do tell us how it really is Herky.....
The Hawks were your Super Bowl just like they always are. Congrats on beating the 2nd place team in the Big Ten that had injuries. It doesn’t make the clowns special it makes them just like Nebraska.

Reality that must be ignored because clown fans say so.

Oh make no mistake about it, we blew you out this year. Tune in Friday and cheer us on for a spot in the Elite 8! Youll have nothing else to do?
You mean like the way Clown fans always cheer for Iowa? 🙄

Iowa Sate fans are the Midwest version of U of Florida fans, i.e., hate every other Florida team and NEVER cheer for them.

JBo and Connor speak up a lot. And yet, what does either have to show for it?

As for "anti-Establishment", both are anything but. Each comes from a privileged background with a built-in entitlement that shows through, loud and clear, in their social media activity.

Virtue-signaling ain't usually a "virtue".
Lol. You’ll be okay, bud.

Your memory is faulty. You may want to go back and look at the numbers.
My bad. Not the way I remembered it. Just looked at your schedule and yup, you did start league play before coming to Ames.

The close losses to the upper echelon of the Big 10 makes the thumping at Iowa State even more amazing, IMO.

Last edited:
Not really, isu make games with Io
My bad. Not the way I remembered it. Just looked at your schedule and yup, you did start league play before coming to Ames.

The close losses to the upper echelon of the Big 10 makes the thumping at Iowa State even more amazing, IMO.
Not really, isu makes games with Iowa their Super Bowl while others in the Big Ten don’t.

No problem. I understand. Keegan sprained his ankle in the Virginia game and did not play in the next game against Purdue. He did play against Illinois and Iowa State, but was still not 100%. That by no means excuses the the beat down by Iowa State as Iowa played very respectably against Purdue without him.

Reactions: mrcyfan
I imagine ISU takes a step back, although I think both could come back for a 6th year. I serious doubt Brockington does but I wouldn't be surprised if Kalscheur does come back. ISU does need to crush it in the transfer portal to be good next year or Tyrese Hunter develop an outside shot. If he develops an outside shot he is better than Monte Morris overall, but thats a big "if" to improve his shot.
I used to live in MN so had no choice but to somewhat watch/follow the gophers. Not too many MN fans were sad to see Gabe K leave. He was always touted as a great 3-point shooter, but was very streaky & I don’t recall his defense being particularly extraordinary when playing Iowa in Big 10 match-ups. Perhaps his defense improved this past year? I don’t know as I don’t follow ISU closely. Anyway, I’m not sure that if Gabe K leaves ISU after this year that someone of his similar skill set will be that difficult to find.

Reactions: iahawks10
Not really, isu make games with Io

Not really, isu makes games with Iowa their Super Bowl while others in the Big Ten don’t.
Not sure if that’s always true, but this year ISU was super pumped at home to reverse the trend of losing to Iowa in football & hoops lately. Even with a completely healthy Keegan that game would have been difficult to win. I’m looking forward to some payback in Carver next year when the clowns come to Iowa City.

You mean like the way Clown fans always cheer for Iowa? 🙄

Iowa Sate fans are the Midwest version of U of Florida fans, i.e., hate every other Florida team and NEVER cheer for them.
Oh, I’ll certainly be a Miami fan on Fri:). However, the universal sentiment is that most ISU fans hate Iowa, whereas, I think a majority of Iowa fans are generally just indifferent to ISU.

Reactions: hawkeyebob62
ISU coach is flash in the pan. It is not what you do in your first year, it is years 13 and beyond.

Fran still hasn't bought into Defense.

Best defenders on team were Keegan, Kris, Perkins, JoeT, Ulis and Mulvey/JoshO probably would have been better defensive option than Rebraca versus any team with a true post.

JBO, Rebraca, and PMAC were the 3 worst defenders on the team for their position and they were the starters.

I think Rebraca tried really hard, but he was the worst post defender in B1G. He got destroyed by Cockburn, TJD, Purdue bigs.
In fairness to Rebraca...a lot of post defenders can get destroyed by Purdue bigs, TJD, and Kofi.

So you're saying that the Big 10 co-champ sucks? In front of 17,000 of their screaming fans? TJ has averaged 20 wins a year over 5 years as head coach. He has already achieved more than Fran in his entire career. You people are fools for keeping Fran.
As if the average fan has a say on who the coach is for a team they root for. 🤔. Go back to clown land you moron.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT