ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Transfer Targets

It was interesting that Kirk said they were a week behind meeting with players due to the championship week. Portal should probably get pushed back next year and open a week after Championship game weekend.

The coaches meet with each player to get a feel for their intentions. Stay, turn pro or enter the portal. He said, "If a player was unsure about being a Hawk, it was probably best that they move on). Iowa's success stems from players that are fully invested in the team.

It will be interesting to see how the team comes together next year. Culmination of players who could turn pro - who stay for another year, returning starters, portal transfers, younger players moving up and incoming freshmen.

Reactions: cmhawks99
I don't think so, it was a really good synopsis of the Iowa coaches and specifically Barnes Twitter follow activity and was pretty much spot on starting with Cade, etc.
Btw, ,how did that Teslaa fellow do at Arkansas were were obsessed with? I thought earlier he was having a subpar year as far as stats...

Edit: 34 catches for 351 yards, 2 TDs, long of 36.
For additional context, knowing that Arkansas is a bad football team, this was good for second on the team in receptions and yards.

He is much more informed than most of us, and way more informed than the crew running this site. I will admit, I'm not a giant fan of him, but he isn't wrong too often.
If you go by his prediction percentage, or whatever he’s not wrong often. But he switches that right before guys actually announce all the time. His initial insights often end up not being accurate.

He is much more informed than most of us, and way more informed than the crew running this site. I will admit, I'm not a giant fan of him, but he isn't wrong too often.
But I will say that was a bit tongue-in-cheek to say he doesn’t know more than many of us. I just think he plays up his sources and I’m not sure how great they are.

If you go by his prediction percentage, or whatever he’s not wrong often. But he switches that right before guys actually announce all the time. His initial insights often end up not being accurate.
All of them do, but that has nothing to do with him stating that Iowa's NIL is paying dividends. Many of these guys have connections with SWARM, I am assuming that is where they are getting their information from.

We are mid - bottom tier in the conference.
I was told total budget is app $4 million with about $3 million for fball.
Every school you mention above is much higher plus add nebby.
Maybe Beth will take seat premiums off and direct those funds to NIL.

Needs

Entringer and Nester look like pretty solid safety/cash prospects. Depending on Harris and Dejean we may need several CB's. I do like Lee a lot though.

Definitely a LBer, not sure we could come close to finding another Jackson. If Higgins comes back and Sharrar (sp?) starys we could be solid there. I like several of our young LBers also, so it will be interesting to see.

A big WR and OT should be priorities. Of course we need a punter.

Reactions: cmhawks99
Scholarship allocations:

Iowa with extra years and could sit anywhere between 75-86 scholarships depending upon who returns. This is going to be nothing more than a spot fill for these scholarships.

P/K
1.) scholarship (Stevens), two PWO in Tripp and Aussy

LB
1.) 9 on scholarship with Buffington and Wiesskopf
2.) Waiver apparently possible for the shortened VA season with Jackson
3.) Higgins/Fisher have covid year
Total : between 6-9 on scholarship

DB
1.) 14 currently on scholarship with Watson, Reis, Godfrey
2.) 3 with extra years of Harris, Schulte, Castro
3.) 1 exit with Deafernandes
Total: between 10-14

DL
1.) 16 currently on scholarship with Campbell, Kennedy, Chineke, Anderson
2.) 5 graduated or portal with Thompson
3.) Lee appears to be headed pro
Total: looks like 16 baring any other transfer news

OL
1.) 18 currently on scholarship with Fox, McCaslin, Nolan, Janowski
2.) Feth Graduated
3.) extra year possibility Dejong, Parker
Total: between 18-20

TE
1.) 7 currently with addition of Burt, Hoffman
2.) Stillianos graduated
3.) All with extra year possibility
Total: between 6-8 depending on All/Lachey

QB
1.) 4 currently with the addition of Resar
2.) portal Joey Labas
Total: 4

WR:
1.) 8 currently with addition of Parker, Vanderzee
2.) Nico graduated
3.) Vines portal
Total: 8

RB
1.) 7 currently with addition of Doll and Williams
2.) No grads/no exits
Total: 7

Marco can make all the throws and accurate. Brace yourself, he is very mobile also.
The staff will work that out of him. You would not believe how they are preached to about risk avoidance.

Drew Tate ignored it all. Most don’t. lol

The staff will work that out of him. You would not believe how they are preached to about risk avoidance.

Drew Tate ignored it all. Most don’t. lol
Stanzi did too and threw his share of picks but made great throws and td's

Iowa targeted Isiah Neyor last year before he went to Texas. I wonder if they are looking at him for a potential WR transfer.

Seriously, Why do you even watch the Hawks?

No shit and this Brown love is indicative of that group of fans. Yes I like him, yes he improved greatly but he dropped a lot of balls early, and a few late and if you couldn’t see how much he improved in everything he did you have an agenda. Meaning he wasn’t great early, now he has upside. They act like he is the best Wr in history.

And oh by the way, most of the “positivists” have an agenda.

That all ... left out
Qb ... hopefully an actual athlete
safteys ... ones that actually do something
WRs ... actual D1 receivers
New staff. This one was stale 10 years ago.

Are you STILL not aware how jealous you look. Nebraska currently has 16 players in the NFL, guess how many Iowa has?

Lots of safety’s by the way..

PS….you desperately want this staff to go. They have absolutely tormented your favorite team!!

He is the ONLY person I trust at this point…well, maybe the TE and RB recruiter and Lavar.😎

Lol…no Kelvin Bell, no Seth Wallace or the man, KF who brought them in, and fostered them…

Which says a great deal more about you, than them…🤪

Last edited:
Iowa doesn’t have enough NIL money to get big names. Membership isn’t taking off like it was hoped and all it takes is a down year and people won’t donate like they did.

I bet in 5 years it’s a non factor in getting players and then Iowa is royally ****ed.

I called this day one and got made fun of. So many people wanted this “free market” shit.

You are one of the least trustworthy, reliable or entertaining posters on here.

• Love
Reactions: Hendy hawk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT