ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa Transfer Targets

Iowa probably has a couple Guys in holding patterns with offers and NIL amounts till they are sure the Ride situation will allow adds without culling current roster, Iowa honors Player rides as long and the Player is in good graces, they are also honest if They do not think a Player will be getting future playing time.

Without identifying who will be the next OC so the players know what they will be getting into, KF et al are letting so many possibilities slip by. It's a disservice to the program and once again, to our defense.

• Haha
Reactions: Hawktagonapus
Without identifying who will be the next OC so the players know what they will be getting into, KF et al are letting so many possibilities slip by. It's a disservice to the program and once again, to our defense.
How can you be sure the OC is not already in place and they’ve been telling transfer targets? Not saying that’s for sure but it’s a possibility

How can you be sure the OC is not already in place and they’ve been telling transfer targets? Not saying that’s for sure but it’s a possibility
So either
1. They have hired someone and are keeping it private which is pretty pathetic. and the portal recruits don't approve of who it is as none have jumped to Iowa like they were on a sinking ship.
2. They haven't hired anyone, and it is costing us recruits in the portal as they don't want to sign with a HUGE unknown.
3. KF is just being KF and trying to manage the portal clock like he does the game clock, which has been below average for most of his tenure.

#1 is about as possible as Deacon Hill being Patrick Mahomes.

Hey look this stupid idea is back
By all means, enlighten us to your brilliance on not naming an OC to help with recruiting. I will wait.

Kenan Thompson Eating GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Haha
Reactions: Hawktagonapus
By all means, enlighten us to your brilliance on not naming an OC to help with recruiting. I will wait.

So do we run out and grab whatever is available right now? The discount bin or do we wait and talk to everyone we want to talk to when they are actually available?

This should be focused on the next 5 years, not the next month.

Last edited:
So either
1. They have hired someone and are keeping it private which is pretty pathetic. and the portal recruits don't approve of who it is as none have jumped to Iowa like they were on a sinking ship.
2. They haven't hired anyone, and it is costing us recruits in the portal as they don't want to sign with a HUGE unknown.
3. KF is just being KF and trying to manage the portal clock like he does the game clock, which has been below average for most of his tenure.

Can’t argue with any of this ..
All 3 could be correct

So do we run out and grab whatever is available right now? The discount bin or do we wait and talk to everyone we want to talk to when they are actually available?

This should be focused on the next 5 years, not the next month.
Yep, let's wait 5 years then, that's about how fast KF thinks the offense should move. I know no other coaches that talk to other coaches before they are "available", that is taboo.

Yep, let's wait 5 years then, that's about how fast KF thinks the offense should move. I know no other coaches that talk to other coaches before they are "available", that is taboo.
And you know they haven't been how? I am sure many coaches and coordinators have very specific clauses in their contracts when it comes to speaking with other schools.

A) our coordinators don't recruit. Kirk has said it hundreds of times.

B) Do you think a recruit doesn't know what system Kirk is going to run or that Kirk is going to hire some air raid guy and lead to massive offensive changes?

C) We are already at 85 scholarships

D) We have a QB, several RB and WR in place. No high end guy at those position where a coordinator might make a difference would be targeted anyway in the portal.

So there is four reason to enlighten you. Most of us who can think and have watched Iowa football for years know these things. It's not my brilliance, it just your lack of any sort of complex thought that think this is some major issue. in fact, if you could see more than 2 inches in front of your face you'd know there is a 7 page thread on this exact topic.

If they're getting guys, you'd think it comes next spring because unless they have the OC lined up, it's not happening in the current scenario.

Would you agree?

Here is what I know… With great postulation we have a certain select group of fans who routinely predict our demise.

Often times propping up other programs as an example. Then said programs like Kansas State or Tennessee go on to have way more portal entries out than us.

As far as program health goes, despite having one of the most miserable offenses in college football history, we appear to be fairly healthy as I can tell.

I’ll find other things to worry about this holiday season

B) Do you think a recruit doesn't know what system Kirk is going to run or that Kirk is going to hire some air raid guy and lead to massive offensive changes?

D) We have a QB, several RB and WR in place. No high end guy at those position where a coordinator might make a difference would be targeted anyway in the portal.

So there is four reason to enlighten you. Most of us who can think and have watched Iowa football for years know these things. It's not my brilliance, it just your lack of any sort of complex thought that think this is some major issue. in fact, if you could see more than 2 inches in front of your face you'd know there is a 7 page thread on this exact topic.
The coordinators recruit, but those duties don't require them to go on the road. Occasionally, they do go visit important guys, just as Kirk does. (At least this was the practice pre-pandemic.)

So either

I consider it a great success that it irritates the hell out of you!!

• Haha
Reactions: InsaneHawkJJP
And you know they haven't been how? I am sure many coaches and coordinators have very specific clauses in their contracts when it comes to speaking with other schools.
Yes, it fits Iowa to keep it secretive, so recruits don't know who they are going to be playing for. Makes sense, thanks for pointing that out.

A - You may want to check your facts on the coordinators recruiting.

B - A recruit is hoping like hell that KF is going to make significant changes on the offense, if he isn't and he is going to keep the status quo, then it makes sense why we haven't heard.

C - I guess Iowa doesn't do any PWO with NIL?

D - We have a "1st" string QB that is one planted foot away from blowing an ACL again and "the best opportunity" QB that is one of the worst in the NCAA.

So, there are four counters to your "enlightenment". Your complex thought process can't even do grammar correctly. You throw around lame attempts at insults like I'm going to give a crap, lmao.

A - You may want to check your facts on the coordinators recruiting.

B - A recruit is hoping like hell that KF is going to make significant changes on the offense, if he isn't and he is going to keep the status quo, then it makes sense why we haven't heard.

C - I guess Iowa doesn't do any PWO with NIL?

D - We have a "1st" string QB that is one planted foot away from blowing an ACL again and "the best opportunity" QB that is one of the worst in the NCAA.

So, there are four counters to your "enlightenment". Your complex thought process can't even do grammar correctly. You throw around lame attempts at insults like I'm going to give a crap, lmao.
I see with D you are now a medical doctor. Sweet.

This is what Wisconsin got ....................

Tyler Van Dyke headed to Wisconsin

Tyler Van Dyke, a three-year starter at Miami, is transferring to Wisconsin, the quarterback announced Tuesday. Van Dyke had an up-and-down career at Miami as he dealt with an array of coaching changes. He was the ACC Rookie of the Year in 2021 after being thrust into the lineup for an injured D'Eriq King.

After head coach Manny Diaz was fired and offensive coordinator Rhett Lashlee became the SMU head coach, Van Dyke struggled in 2022 as the Hurricanes transitioned to the Mario Cristobal era. Cristobal's first OC hire was Josh Gattis, but that lasted only one year.

Things were better for Van Dyke this year with new OC Shannon Dawson, particularly early in the season, but he ended up struggling as the season progressed. He dealt with a few injuries and was benched in favor of freshman Emory Williams for the Florida State game, but Van Dyke played Miami's last two games after Williams was injured.

In three seasons, Van Dyke threw for 7,469 yards and 54 touchdowns with 23 interceptions.

He'll likely be the frontrunner to be the Badgers' starter in 2024, which is expected to be his final year of eligibility.

Iowa really needs to go after Ty Thompson. Let Marco and Ty fight it out for the role as starter either next year or the following.

Not that I was able to find , Just those Names , Coaches seemed very happy with the Underclassmen on the Scout Team so I do not think they will go hard on the OL or Barnes would have been on a few i would think , near 1000 Players in the portal and plenty of OL so not a lack of available Bodies.
I would hope the coaches would try to get a portal OTackle(s). Richman is good but was fighting injuries much of the year. Sort of the same thing with BeauS and Dunker. If they have a chance to get an experienced, above avg at least OTackle they should get him. Feth paid off, Parker was maybe injured a lot

Guys it’s just not how iowa does things, they will have to have a losing season before they take the portal or die approach. Or have a new HC. They would rather develop players… let’s see if NIL starts plucking these guys iowa develops, have good junior years and then boom… off to get some money and play for titles down south… I honestly can see this happening. In a way that’s what happened with jestin last year. Luckily it worked out best for iowa in the end at LBer position

We would throw some shutouts, especially if the offense can keep the defense fresh
Given what the fans know now about this offense, not sure a new OC can improve much until the WRs and OL make huge strides.

DeJong returning lowered my expectations for the OLine substantially. Obviously no one currently that can jump him.

Reactions: shudaddy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT