ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa WBB 2025 Recruiting Thread

Geno will win at least one more title.
Next year probably. They'll be scary good unless of course, injuries happen yet again. He does look worn out though. Getting close to retirement I'd imagine.

Last edited:
Reactions: jockos
Next year probably. They'll be scary good unless of course, injuries happen yet again. He does look worn out though. Getting close to retirement I'd imagine.
If injuries happen again someone NEEDS to be fired. That’s not a coincidence at that point

I've heard they've got a nice campus; Duke higher on the academic prestige meter vs Iowa, too. She won't have a better basketball experience outside of Iowa City though.
Toby Fournier is committed in the 24 class & ranked #9. She's a forward & very athletic but it might be a stretch for her to guard the 3. Maybe that works in our favor. Their campus is nice, small college feel.

Reactions: hawkahawk
Academically Iowa is indeed at a disadvantage in general. If only more athletes want to be writers or audiologists!
I think people do make some uninformed assumptions about Iowa academically. It's a pretty highly ranked school overall, and has some great programs. Everyone knows about the Writing program, and range of medical disciplines. But there's more. I do know that their grad psych program is great. Better than the boutique school I went to for 3x the $$. But it does make you wonder how involved the academic folks are in marketing their programs to athletic recruits.

Sorry but this is an IOWA recruiting thread. We really don't care about UConn's fricking injury whoas!
Nice WOB! Or maybe you are a fan of...

OIP.Pws0LAZ6K7u4rjHhWAyHOQHaHa

Reactions: mphawk
I think people do make some uninformed assumptions about Iowa academically. It's a pretty highly ranked school overall, and has some great programs. Everyone knows about the Writing program, and range of medical disciplines. But there's more. I do know that their grad psych program is great. Better than the boutique school I went to for 3x the $$. But it does make you wonder how involved the academic folks are in marketing their programs to athletic recruits.
Academia is way overrated, unless you want to work in academia, then it's everything.

Got my undergrad degree at Iowa, now work in the medical field. Never once was asked where I went to school.

My 29 year-old daughter is an editor for the online edition of the San Francisco Chronicle. I'll give you one guess where she got her journalism degree. That's right, the U of Iowa.

Going to Iowa will not hold you back academically.

Academia is way overrated, unless you want to work in academia, then it's everything.

Got my undergrad degree at Iowa, now work in the medical field. Never once was asked where I went to school.

My 29 year-old daughter is an editor for the online edition of the San Francisco Chronicle. I'll give you one guess where she got her journalism degree. That's right, the U of Iowa.

Going to Iowa will not hold you back academically.
Yeah, name of the school really doesn't matter unless it's on the extreme ends, good or bad. Places like MIT, Harvard, University of Phoenix, etc.

Houston droppin fast…
I think her knee injury is one reason for the drop. Deal didn't play much this past season but she was litterally all over the country the last 2 years so these ranking service scouts know all about her.

I do agree Hays hasn't been evaluated by the ranking service scouts do to her location. She did attend a BlueStar camp last summer and got a lot of attention. ESPN (their contracted service Premier) won't attend competing BlueStar events and vice versa, it's why Kathleen Doyle was ranked #20 by one and #92 by another, crazy!

I know this is 2024 but that thread is dead.
I figured I’d check to see how the classes ended up for both ’24 and upon checking Prospects Nation and I was pleasantly surprised to see Stremlow made her way back on to the Top 60 at #51.

Bella Hines commits to LSU, which I find a bit mystifying. Don't get the attraction, to the coach or the school.

Bella Hines commits to LSU, which I find a bit mystifying. Don't get the attraction, to the coach or the school..
LSU is full of stars. Flau’Jae is a very talented singer/rapper. Angel is a celebrity. It’s a culture / brand thing. For many black kids, LSU is a dream destination. It’s hard for some people to get it, but it’s the truth.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT