ADVERTISEMENT

Is anyone driving a long distance for Thanksgiving this week?

4,956 miles.
Flying to Budapest Wednesday from MSP at 3pm.
Arrive in Amsterdam at 6am. Layover for 3 hours and then a 2 Hr flight to Budapest.
Floating up the Danube and visiting Christmas markets, shows and so on. Finish in Munich for a couple days.
Now, that’s a great trip! Enjoy! Budapest and Munich are fun cities.

Reactions: BrianNole777
I'm driving from Maryland to North Carolina on Wednesday morning early. I hope to leave around 5 A.M. Brutal. I'm not a morning person.

If I don't leave that early, the traffic will be hideous in Virginia on I-95...like bumper to bumper. It can add 4 hours to the trip.

It's about a 380 mile drive. I have a bunch of relatives in North Carolina. I have 20 cousins named "Bill" or "Bob." 😆

Great people...mostly North Carolina State alumni.

Tip: If you're driving and need to stop to use a restroom, stop at a hotel. If an employee stops you, ask to buy a bottle of water. I've done this. It's a million times better than stopping at a gas station or fast food bathroom.

Trust me.

Anyone else taking a long drive this week?
What part of N.C. ?

How did everyone's drives go?

I left Wednesday at 5:15 A.M. after maybe 5 hours sleep. It rained the last 3 hours of the drive. Traffic was light. The drive took about 7 hours with a stop at Chik FIL A and a rest stop to take a dump. My ass fell asleep after 3 hours driving so I pulled into a parking lot and walked around.

400 miles driving that morning.

I fell asleep last night at 8:30 P.M. and woke up at 1:30 A.M.

I couldn't go back to sleep so I left the hotel for the return drive at 3:30 A.M. :)

It was dark until 7 A.M.

Traffic was light.

About 125 miles from home, I was so tired I pulled into a rest stop in Virginia and meditated/napped for 20 minutes then completed the drive home. That helped immensely.

The weather was good. No rain.

Happy Thanksgiving!

How did everyone's drives go?

I left Wednesday at 5:15 A.M. after maybe 5 hours sleep. It rained the last 3 hours of the drive. Traffic was light. The drive took about 7 hours with a stop at Chik FIL A and a rest stop to take a dump. My ass fell asleep after 3 hours driving so I pulled into a parking lot and walked around.

400 miles driving that morning.

I fell asleep last night at 8:30 P.M. and woke up at 1:30 A.M.

I couldn't go back to sleep so I left the hotel for the return drive at 3:30 A.M. :)

It was dark until 7 A.M.

Traffic was light.

About 125 miles from home, I was so tired I pulled into a rest stop in Virginia and meditated/napped for 20 minutes then completed the drive home. That helped immensely.

The weather was good. No rain.

Happy Thanksgiving!
Where in MD did you travel to/from?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT