ADVERTISEMENT

Is Goldie the most hated poster on here?

To answer the question: No, not even close.

I think she sometimes gets torn into for two main reasons:

- She's not an idiot. So sometimes she'll get it from people who wouldn't otherwise bother if she was one of the dozens of pure morons (think BigGrey, here4aday, doobi, waterboy, yourmaster, all the alts, etc). There's lots of posters that aren't worth the time, ones that aren't worth punching down.

Coinciding with not being an idiot, she also realizes - to an extent the repulsiveness of Trump/MAGA - but remains brand loyal, or at least will always try to twist it back to the libs. To some, the idea of knowing better, is worse than the vulnerable people who fell under the MAGA spell.

- She's old. Age is in the spotlight given Biden and Trump's age and all of their issues. So she (and others like Finance85, Joel and others) will get their age and associated mental decline highlighted.

Stop It Season 5 GIF by grown-ish

Most people on here consider me a lib (I’m not) and I like @goldmom . I might occasionally disagree with her take but I do appreciate that she is not MAGA. Unlike many people on all sides of the political spectrum she seems to keep her own opinions.

It's an unfortunately low bar, but I also appreciate everyone who is not MAGA.

Thanks, I appreciate the sentiment, and while it is not quite mutual, I do hope you're coping effectively with whatever it is your dealing with. I can tell from your manic posting, that HORT is something of a outlet or safe space.

Good luck.
I actually really like you as a poster. Total respect for how carry yourself in here.

We would be friends in real life

Thanks, I appreciate the sentiment, and while it is not quite mutual, I do hope you're coping effectively with whatever it is your dealing with. I can tell from your manic posting, that HORT is something of a outlet or safe space.

Good luck.
I do love when you attempt to use your Psych 101 learnings.

I've told you before "manic" means something. I know you libs love to create new definitions but that one still has its original.

What I am, is adhd, hyperactive type, which as has a component of hyper fixation. So as I sit on a call that has nothing to do with me, or even worse, wait until my next call starts, I will respond dozens of times, and then, poof, my brain goes to thr next thing.

When I was younger, part of the original 90s Ritalin generation, raise your hand if you can still taste the pills, Ritalin not Adderall we had balls back then, it was incredibly challenging now in adulthood, I've learned I can multitask at an ungodly level. *But ya gotta learn how to use it to your advantage or else entire days go buy and you dont actually accomplish shit.

Stay salty amigo.

I actually really like you as a poster. Total respect for how carry yourself in here.

We would be friends in real life

Thanks for that. I won't pretend I'm not also sometimes a complete jackass on here, including sometimes to goldmom. But at least I realize it and don't necessarily like it either.

Reactions: torbee
I do love when you attempt to use your Psych 101 learnings.

I've told you before "manic" means something. I know you libs love to create new definitions but that one still has its original.

What I am, is adhd, hyperactive type, which as has a component of hyper fixation. So as I sit on a call that has nothing to do with me, or even worse, wait until my next call starts, I will respond dozens of times, and then, poof, my brain goes to thr next thing.

When I was younger, part of the original 90s Ritalin generation, raise your hand if you can still taste the pills, Ritalin not Adderall we had balls back then, it was incredibly challenging now in adulthood, I've learned I can multitask at an ungodly level. *But ya gotta learn how to use it to your advantage or else entire days go buy and you dont actually accomplish shit.

Stay salty amigo.

Sorry, I meant manic in terms of how - in part - Oxford defined it: frenetically busy; frantic.

I realize words matter to people, so if you prefer your posting activities to be described as adhd or hyperactive, that's fine by me. I'm also good with using whatever pronouns you prefer.

Sorry, I meant manic in terms of how - in part - Oxford defined it: frenetically busy; frantic.

I realize words matter to people, so if you prefer your posting activities to be described as adhd or hyperactive, that's fine by me. I'm also good with using whatever pronouns you prefer.
I’m very curious your line of work. I can see English professor or journalist

• Haha
Reactions: ThorneStockton
I’m very curious your line of work. I can see English professor or journalist

Ha, that's funny. I don't feel like a strong writer - I make an effort to be clear, and lots here don't - so maybe that's why it seems that way.

I'm a former CPA/Big 4 auditor and now Joe Schmo corporate finance. It's uninteresting, but I work from home and it takes barely any effort, combined with my lack of career ambition, it's like silver handcuffs.

Ha, that's funny. I don't feel like a strong writer - I make an effort to be clear, and lots here don't - so maybe that's why it seems that way.

I'm a former CPA/Big 4 auditor and now Joe Schmo corporate finance. It's uninteresting, but I work from home and it takes barely any effort, combined with my lack of career ambition, it's like silver handcuffs.
I would actually enjoy talking sometime. For real

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT