ADVERTISEMENT

Is Ron DeSantis Flaming Out Already?

I pointed out where there was overlap, and where there was not, specifically, above. On the personal level "nightmare of a human" stuff, they're really different. Trump was an unhinged ranting imbecile who couldn't be trusted from the very start. Obviously DeSantis has not been this. We all know this, I'm not going to belabor the point.

The overlap would be on DeSantis' aggressive and questionable action in the 'war on woke', mostly. An example would be on something like like the bill that would attempt to root out what he sees as political indoctrination in colleges, IIRC. This could have implications on free speech, and even if somehow valid, would tend to set a bad precedence in producing a pipeline from partisan legislation directly into public schooling. (what happens when his term is up -- liberals get to set the agenda again?)

So obviously I have problems with stuff he's done or proposed. I questioned whether or not the intent was to do so stuff the base loves, a specific pet topic in wokeness, or complete disregard for some of the principals that might be violated as I layed out above. (or what the correct admixture thereof is)

"War on woke" JFC. Limbaugh wasn't stupid enough to have come up with this.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
The Democratic party is just that bad. Crist was a major step up from the crackhead they ran 4 yrs prior.
It’s incredible to me that Florida can’t find better candidates. Scott was one of the biggest Medicare fraudsters in history. Gillum was a drug addict with an FBI corruption investigation. Crist failed the bar exam three times and just seemed to fail up.

The last gubernatorial election in Colorado had two wildly successful Colorado serial-entrepreneurs running against each other.

Heidi Ganahl ended up going full MAGA to win her primary and courted election deniers. She’s pushed a lot of wacko stuff, but her story is incredible. She was a pharmacy sales rep whose husband died. She blew through most of her settlement money on two failed startups, and went into credit card debt starting a doggy daycare that she turned into the largest pet service company in the country.

Reactions: Slappy Pappy
It’s incredible to me that Florida can’t find better candidates. Scott was one of the biggest Medicare fraudsters in history. Gillum was a drug addict with an FBI corruption investigation. Crist failed the bar exam three times and just seemed to fail up.

The last gubernatorial election in Colorado had two wildly successful Colorado serial-entrepreneurs running against each other.

Heidi Ganahl ended up going full MAGA to win her primary and courted election deniers. She’s pushed a lot of wacko stuff, but her story is incredible. She was a pharmacy sales rep whose husband died. She blew through most of her settlement money on two failed startups, and went into credit card debt starting a doggy daycare that she turned into the largest pet service company in the country.
Wasn’t that long ago we had Bob Graham, Lawton Chiles, Rubin Askew, Jeb Bush… and thoughtful people in the state legislature. They were all imperfect but never doubted their sincerity and seriousness about the job.

Reactions: mnole03
Wasn’t that long ago we had Bob Graham, Lawton Chiles, Rubin Askew, Jeb Bush… and thoughtful people in the state legislature. They were all imperfect but never doubted their sincerity and seriousness about the job.
I knew it was over when Allen West beat Bob Crowder in the closed Republican primary for my district.

Bob Crowder was the Republican sheriff of Martin County for 20 years, and ran some of the most successful criminal offender career training programs in the country. His youth training center had a recidivism rate something like 3x less than the national average. He was tough on crime but believed in rehabilitation where it made sense.

Allen West was a war criminal with no connection to Florida, who switched districts because he knew he couldn’t win where he lived. He raised a ton of money from out of state, refused to debate, insulted Crowder and moderate Republicans in Martin and St. Lucie Counties, and predictably went on to lose a reliably Republican district to a nobody Democrat in the general election. West promptly moved to Texas.

The answer to this thread is yes but you never know. You can openly support white supremacists in the white house, say a reporter is tough because it's her time of the month, and have 26 women come out and say they were sexually assaulted and still have a third of the country be fine with it.

Reactions: TC Nole OX
The answer to this thread is yes but you never know. You can openly support white supremacists in the white house, say a reporter is tough because it's her time of the month, and have 26 women come out and say they were sexually assaulted and still have a third of the country be fine with it.

Sadly, it’s more than a third

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT