ADVERTISEMENT

Is the jello with cottage cheese dish extinct?

Oct 25, 2020
I think every child should be subjected to that weird jello dish with cottage cheese in it so that they know that not all things that are shiny are gold. Does the dish still exist?

I’ve eaten a lot of weird things.

I’ve never had cottage cheese in jello. Sounds terrible.

89a342eb909dd55c1a1980190af5cb81.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: dgordo
Not as bad as jello with carrots

Do old church ladies still make this? There was an old church lady in our old church that would make green jello, cut it into squares, then put a dollop of mayo on it.

When I was a kid seems like every cafeteria served in a little ramekin cottage cheese on a leaf of lettuce with a peach slice (canned, ha) on top. Been awhile.

Reactions: artradley
I’ve eaten a lot of weird things.

I’ve never had cottage cheese in jello. Sounds terrible.

My grandpa who sucks at being alive now used to eat cottage cheese with sugar. I eat it with olives or jalapeños.

My sister (no pic) is expecting and addicted to jello with cottage cheese right now. She said she is going through a 9x13 pan each week. I had cottage cheese with a slice of tomato on a wheat thin as a snack today. I also enjoy it paired with most canned fruit.

I think every child should be subjected to that weird jello dish with cottage cheese in it so that they know that not all things that are shiny are gold. Does the dish still exist?
It’s not, but it should be. Some of the old guard in my family still makes “orange salad” with jello, cool whip, canned mandarin oranges and cottage cheese. 🤮

I grew up eating cottage cheese with peaches at my grandparents house. The supper clubs or diners always served it with a crisp bed of lettuce.

Cottage cheese jello is an old upper Midwest potluck or holiday dinner staple to me. I always associated that dish with my great aunts along with Lutheran sushi as hors d'oeuvres

I grew up eating cottage cheese with peaches at my grandparents house. The supper clubs or diners always served it with a crisp bed of lettuce.

Cottage cheese jello is an old upper Midwest potluck or holiday dinner staple to me. I always associated that dish with my great aunts along with Lutheran sushi as hors d'oeuvres
Gotta ask - Lutheran Sushi? Missouri Synod or ELCA? And what is it?

Love pickled herring.

Do old church ladies still make this? There was an old church lady in our old church that would make green jello, cut it into squares, then put a dollop of mayo on it.
What in the actual fvck…..
growing up we had cottage cheese with peaches or pears.

What in the actual fvck…..
growing up we had cottage cheese with peaches or pears.
The only explanation for Mayo on jello is white people. Like it makes no damn sense. The people that think seasoning after cooking is mostly proper. You ever eat a steak at a whiskey creek, chilis, or something like that? It’s like they think the char burn is the seasoning

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT