ADVERTISEMENT

ISU threads

I used to be a fairly strong proponent of hoping ISU won when not playing Iowa. Posters like btown and wodanellidacy have made that difficult.

Btown isn't that bad in some other threads. Nellie is a moron/troll.

LC and I have had a few back and forths but I like him as a poster here. He at least has a modicum of objectivity and that's all I would expect of a rival on our site. And he doesn't have that vitriol of some. I mean I visit CF a few times a week (would never post there) and some of the stuff especially that PsychoTwins is just really sad. Keep coming around LC like your posts (sometimes!).
The rivalry board over there is the worst thing on the internet. I'm ashamed that I've posted there. It's the same dingbats from each side going back and forth like the morons they are.

The rivalry board over there is the worst thing on the internet. I'm ashamed that I've posted there. It's the same dingbats from each side going back and forth like the morons they are.

I lurk there sometimes but never post. It's fun to watch the morons go at it.

Reactions: madmax1191
Why do you guys take part in them?

It's because of your engaging and winning personality.

Seriously, I can't figure out whether they are troll fans starting the non-stop threads about ISU and Nebraska or just fans who only feel good when comparing themselves with others.

Phenomenal post. Been saying this for yrs. ferentz wants to pretend like he’s competing when he isn’t. He knows if they played a real schedule, there is no way. Instead, he plays the patty cake non con, hides behind the clown series and prays he gets lucky draws from the east. It has played into his hand beautifully for yrs as many of you fall for the annual charade. He simply has to go 7-5 or 8-4, make a meaningless bowl against another middling team and he gets bonused handsomely, gives a portion to the hospital and continues the aw shucks routine by dropping nfl connections constantly. If he can mix in an occasional upset in the conference, he can ride that for 3-4 yrs. Competing nationally? Give me a break. In saying, we aren’t sexy every chance he gets, sine reporter should have the guts to continue to ask him why and never give up until he throws you out of the press room which wouldn’t be long as tou would have finally struck the nerve and exposed him

Between 2019 and 2025, Wisconsin will be playing Notre Dame, Washington State, and Virginia Tech, each twice. As we have the past 20 years, Iowa will be playing Northern Illinois and Northern Iowa. Wisconsin beat LSU in 2016. Their schedule is one of the major reasons that Wisconsin is more relevant on the national stage than Iowa.

Reactions: HAWKS4LIFE
Cydlar - I totally agree. It is PsychOTwins and a few Hawks with the same arguments over and over. The Hawk people are just idiots but that Twins is scary. He posts summer bball stats from 15 year olds that ISU is not even recruiting and then manages to call Kirk racist and knows more about the McCaffrey boys than their parents. That boy is downright sick. Over 40k posts almost all dealing with Iowa?! I mean dear God. He really gives Clones a bad name and why a ton of people including you and others here won't go there. Sad ISU fans won't go to their own board cause one of their own is a psychotic obsessed nut.

So condescending. Maybe you could use some additional education?

I could think of plenty of other posters on here who could stand to develop cognitively before Lone Clone.

Besides, Lone Clone was at the Enchantment Under the Sea dance cutting up a rug to Marty McFly doing Chuck Berry, so he's far from square. Let the man be.

I could think of plenty of other posters on here who could stand to develop cognitively before Lone Clone.

Besides, Lone Clone was at the Enchantment Under the Sea dance cutting up a rug to Marty McFly doing Chuck Berry, so he's far from square. Let the man be.
So he gets a pass from you for acting better than everybody else? He is an alright poster, but he needs put in his Cyclone place from time to time. He is a big boy, he doesn't need a bodyguard Biff.

My advice is to put the Cyclone trolls on ignore. You're never going to get them to say anything positive. You're just going to waste a ton of your time engaging them. And it is going to clutter this board for the rest of us who try to stay out of the constant pissing match. To be clear, posters like Lone Clone are not who I'm talking about here.

So he gets a pass from you for acting better than everybody else? He is an alright poster, but he needs put in his Cyclone place from time to time. He is a big boy, he doesn't need a bodyguard Biff.
I think I get a pass from him because, unlike you, he doesn't need the course in word usage. The grownups on the board recognized my statement as firmly tongue-in-cheek.

I think I get a pass from him because, unlike you, he doesn't need the course in word usage. The grownups on the board recognized my statement as firmly tongue-in-cheek.
I have been on this board for many years. I know exactly who you are, and what you are about. At the end of the day you are a Clown fan that needs put in his place from time to time. You aren't a bad poster, just a passive aggressive clone that is obsessed with big brother's message board. The "I'm smarter than you" and "I need to educate all of you" crap gets old real fast. Know your place.

I'll participate if I think somebody actually wants information....like about the new quarterback in a thread here today. But it quickly turned into the same old same old and I just wonder why. It's not as if anybody is saying anything new.

Hey, I like a good pissing match just like the next guy. I usually throw in facts, stats and sarcasm while owning hapless/clueless trolls. Like you LC I am always right. Years ago you got on my nerves a couple of times, but I realized your'e a "condescending know it all" old fart who loves his team. Just like me. You know what they say, if you don't want to read the thread don't click on it. If you don't like what's being said, debate it or click out of it.

Cydlar - I totally agree. It is PsychOTwins and a few Hawks with the same arguments over and over. The Hawk people are just idiots but that Twins is scary. He posts summer bball stats from 15 year olds that ISU is not even recruiting and then manages to call Kirk racist and knows more about the McCaffrey boys than their parents. That boy is downright sick. Over 40k posts almost all dealing with Iowa?! I mean dear God. He really gives Clones a bad name and why a ton of people including you and others here won't go there. Sad ISU fans won't go to their own board cause one of their own is a psychotic obsessed nut.
I have always assumed cytwins was a troll poster created by and managed by the board staff and used to drive traffic numbers. There is no way any person could be that big of a troll, nor have the kind of life whose purpose was to sit on a board all day trolling another team.

I have been on this board for many years. I know exactly who you are, and what you are about. At the end of the day you are a Clown fan that needs put in his place from time to time. You aren't a bad poster, just a passive aggressive clone that is obsessed with big brother's message board. The "I'm smarter than you" and "I need to educate all of you" crap gets old real fast. Know your place.
Yes, ma'am.

Reactions: BlackNGoldBleeder
I would like to understand the “I root for ISU when they’re not playing Iowa” crowd. I doubt I ever will.

SOS in college football is virtually useless. Of that virtual nothingness, it’s one game out of 12. Certainly not worth: possibly losing recruits, fans, money, the team to be in the state, listening to idiot clown fans, and a lot more. Iowa is not big enough for two FBS teams, let alone two P5 teams.

I guess I can’t root against ISU enough.

Like this above. Makes zero sense: “I think it would be a great thing for the state if both of the Iowa schools were in the top 25 every year in every sport. I think people would be even prouder of the state if that were the case.“

What's more, the ISU AD has said, on more than one occasion, that Iowa State cannot truly prosper unless Iowa is taken down. When an annual opponent, and someone with whom you compete for resources ($, recruits, fans etc), has a mission to take you down, you don't root for them in any way shape or form. By their own definition, success for them requires failure for the Hawkeyes. I can't and won't support that.

Strength of schedule is useless when you aren't trying to play for the championship. I promise you that it does factor into who makes the final four every year. It is asinine to believe any different.

If you want to be a champion you have to think like one and want to play the best.

Or we could just drop out of the big ten and play san jose state and the like every
game and go undefeated and never make the final four for selection.

I appreciate your thinking, but the stars would have to align perfectly for Iowa to get consideration as a 1 loss team. They'd also have to align perfectly for an undefeated Iowa team to not make the playoff. Both situations are highly unlikely and, for that reason, SoS carries little weight when compared to the drawbacks of trying to support to successful P5 programs in this small population state.

SoS matters to the blue bloods that will still be considered with 1 loss. For Iowa, win it all and you go, don't and you won't. SoS is a non-factor.

Yes, ma'am.

Some Iowa fans are an embarrassment to me. If you sound halfway literate and reasonably intelligent, you're apparently a pretentious prick (the use of a polysyllabic word is intended to be ironic).

Perhaps that's why a select few start so many Nebraska threads. Much easier to engage people who are mental midgets and largely illiterate. Apparently, some need the self esteem boost. I don't know.

Oh, and you already know the risk of trying to be facetious or speak tongue-in-cheek.

You are right that strength of schedule is useless, but if people want to complain all the time about how horrible it is that the Hawks have to face the Clones every year because ISU sucks so bad, then ISU just as well not suck so bad and have the games mean something on a national level then right?

Do you have any idea how radically the college football landscape would have to change for the Iowa-ISU game to mean something on a national level?

Ya, thank you young man, you as well.

Aww, you guys are cute!

images

Between 2019 and 2025, Wisconsin will be playing Notre Dame, Washington State, and Virginia Tech, each twice. As we have the past 20 years, Iowa will be playing Northern Illinois and Northern Iowa. Wisconsin beat LSU in 2016. Their schedule is one of the major reasons that Wisconsin is more relevant on the national stage than Iowa.

Hmm, when they beat LSU did they hang up a banner to recognize it? Fact is Iowa can only lose a max of 1 game to get in playoff, and that 1 loss better be a "good" loss and not later in season. So whether we play Alabama or NW Montana-Butte we still have to win at least 11 games for the ultimate prize. Any prize less than that is just a sticker book crap participation feel good pat on the head.

Whatever hope you have of playing someone relevant in the non conf better be short lived as long as ISU is on the schedule. It’s not going to happen.

Reactions: iahawkeyes17
What's more, the ISU AD has said, on more than one occasion, that Iowa State cannot truly prosper unless Iowa is taken down.
I've talked with Jamie and heard him talk many, many times. I have never heard him say this.

Some Iowa fans are an embarrassment to me. If you sound halfway literate and reasonably intelligent, you're apparently a pretentious prick (the use of a polysyllabic word is intended to be ironic).

Perhaps that's why a select few start so many Nebraska threads. Much easier to engage people who are mental midgets and largely illiterate. Apparently, some need the self esteem boost. I don't know.

Oh, and you already know the risk of trying to be facetious or speak tongue-in-cheek.
Yeah, but I do it a lot anyway.

Cyclone Fanatic might be the most left leaning college sports board I've ever encountered. Rivaling the old PT on HN. Actually one of the former posters from there has them all fooled that she (or he) is now a Cyclone fan.

It's really comical, an Iowa fan, in order to get their fill of a left leaning echo chamber, turned into an Iowa State fan. And none among them is aware.

Some of the economic analysis is also revealing.

Anyway, I keep up a little bit on ISU's football team as it impacts Iowa. Also like to track the one guy who seems to be obsessed with the Iowa / ISU rivalry. Apparently he fancies himself something of an oil tycoon. I engaged him and asked about OVX, and he had no idea what I was talking about. Whatever that guy's name is on their in state rivals thread. Where you might find 2 posts out of 100 that have basic football knowledge.

You don't think finishing ranked 8 of the last 9 years has anything to do with that?
Win your games, which is what they do......(well besides their loss this year, the year they didn't even play a power 5 ooc team)

Do you have any idea how radically the college football landscape would have to change for the Iowa-ISU game to mean something on a national level?
It would merely take ISU and Iowa both being ranked more often than not when they play each other. Meaning something does not mean fans in Florida and California care enough to watch, it just means the results of the game affect the national football landscape in a meaningful way. Iowa is already ranked many times when the two teams face each other. If ISU can elevate to that level, then the game has meaning nationally. And while fans love to mock the Clones which is completely understandable given the long history of misery, the fact that ISU is only a 4 point dog to a top 10 team this week with a losing record shows that Vegas believes ISU is making progress. Time will tell if they can continue to do so and if they can find a way to sustain it if they do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT