ADVERTISEMENT

It’s a new era in Hawkeye Land!!! - FSU fan thread to discuss Hawkeye football

brian-ferentz-brian-ferentz-mad.gif

Reactions: hawkdave007
My problem with the people on the footbsll board who say “5-1” when people criticize the coaching (@torbee i am looking at you) is that with an average offense, this game would be well in hand. How many losses would iowa have avoided over the years with an average offense?

Last edited:
Team Stats Iowa Wisconsin
1st Downs 9 18
3rd down efficiency 4-17 2-17
4th down efficiency 0-1 3-4
Total Yards 237 332
Passing 37 228
Comp-Att 6-14 27-50
Yards per pass 2.6 4.6
Interceptions thrown 0 1
Rushing 200 104
Rushing Attempts 48 28
Yards per rush 4.2 3.7
Penalties 5-55 7-48
Turnovers 0 2
Fumbles lost 0 1
Interceptions thrown 0 1
Possession 30:33 29:27

I've sort of always looked at it like this. I abhor the horrific offense. I truly do. Iowa needs to do better. However, IF you stink on offense, I'd much rather have a program in place that somehow wins games like this than a program that doesn't.

As for this season's progress (so far), any normal Iowa fan would look at this schedule and state after game 7 "I can live with 6-1". Then looking forward, we can squint and see that hell...11-1 isn't all that unrealistic a possibility. Yes, injuries are piling up - but the mantra has always been "next man in" with this program, soooooo....Iowa, finding viable TE's? Certainly plausible they can. If there's a program that could figure that out, Iowa is probably one that can.

I GUARANTEE every Iowa poster here, in August, would take that and not give a shit how Iowa actually got there. As the saying goes, you are what your record states you are.

I've sort of always looked at it like this. I abhor the horrific offense. I truly do. Iowa needs to do better. However, IF you stink on offense, I'd much rather have a program in place that somehow wins games like this than a program that doesn't.

As for this season's progress (so far), any normal Iowa fan would look at this schedule and state after game 7 "I can live with 6-1". Then looking forward, we can squint and see that hell...11-1 isn't all that unrealistic a possibility. Yes, injuries are piling up - but the mantra has always been "next man in" with this program, soooooo....Iowa, finding viable TE's? Certainly plausible they can. If there's a program that could figure that out, Iowa is probably one that can.

I GUARANTEE every Iowa poster here, in August, would take that and not give a shit how Iowa actually got there. As the saying goes, you are what your record states you are.

So, my official prediction (like actual posted prediction) of splitting PSU/WIS and winning the rest is looking decent right now?

So, my official prediction (like actual posted prediction) of splitting PSU/WIS and winning the rest is looking decent right now?

I would say it looks decent. Losing All is going to be a bit of a hit though. A young TE will need to step up quick. The tricky part will be Iowa will not be able to make any mistakes that put them in a hole because they can't count on the offense to pull them out.

Reactions: hawkeyetraveler
Team Stats Iowa Wisconsin
1st Downs 9 18
3rd down efficiency 4-17 2-17
4th down efficiency 0-1 3-4
Total Yards 237 332
Passing 37 228
Comp-Att 6-14 27-50
Yards per pass 2.6 4.6
Interceptions thrown 0 1
Rushing 200 104
Rushing Attempts 48 28
Yards per rush 4.2 3.7
Penalties 5-55 7-48
Turnovers 0 2
Fumbles lost 0 1
Interceptions thrown 0 1
Possession 30:33 29:27
That looks like an Iowa game.

God hates Iowa. He is setting them up for a big crushing in early December.
This is like someone hoping their hot date dumps them before getting her to bed because she might not be satisfied. Or even worse, like someone not having the balls to ask the girl on a date in the first place.

A life lived richly must involve some risk. Enjoy the highs and learn from the lows, but never regret a victory…ya f*cking dumbass.

I’m convinced the only way to beat Iowa is do exactly as Penn State and have an elite defense that keeps ours on the field, and then the death by a thousand cuts on offense as you take the 3-4 yards we might give you if you can play relatively mistake free.

This is like someone hoping their hot date dumps them before getting her to bed because she might not be satisfied. Or even worse, like someone not having the balls to ask the girl on a date in the first place.

A life lived richly must involve some risk. Enjoy the highs and learn from the lows, but never regret a victory…ya f*cking dumbass.

I put tons and money and effort into going to the Rose Bowl in 2016 and then the BTCG on 2021. Fool me once, shame on you....fool me twice, shame on me

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers
At this point, its just time to embrace the suck (BF & the offense).

It makes ZERO sense for the offense - especially the passing portion of it - to be so bad, yet the Hawks are in a great position to finish the regular season at 8-1/11-1, as long as they don't take any games off.

Tory Taylor and the defense were amazing today. Stevens nailed a couple clutch FGs. And that 82-yd TD by Leshon Williams had me harder than a diamond.

Despite Brian Ferentz, Iowa keeps winning.

The rest of the B1G West,
aaronpaul-aaron.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT