ADVERTISEMENT

It’s a new era in Hawkeye Land!!! - FSU fan thread to discuss Hawkeye football

Is there a camp we can send these semenholes to?

giphy.gif

I put tons and money and effort into going to the Rose Bowl in 2016 and then the BTCG on 2021. Fool me once, shame on you....fool me twice, shame on me
I did the same trip. I remember laughing with buddies tailgating at the Rose Bowl over beers, watching my kids play on the beach in Santa Monica, gorging on In n Out Burger and many other great memories. Sure the game sucked, but there is ALWAYS a silver lining if you have a mind open to it.

You can play life to win against all takers - and yes sometimes you might get smoked - or you can crawl in a hole. I choose the former.

giphy.gif

Reactions: torbee
At this point, its just time to embrace the suck (BF & the offense).

It makes ZERO sense for the offense - especially the passing portion of it - to be so bad, yet the Hawks are in a great position to finish the regular season at 8-1/11-1, as long as they don't take any games off.

Tory Taylor and the defense were amazing today. Stevens nailed a couple clutch FGs. And that 82-yd TD by Leshon Williams had me harder than a diamond.

Despite Brian Ferentz, Iowa keeps winning.

The rest of the B1G West,
aaronpaul-aaron.gif
Embrace the suck. Someone needs to make a t-shirt.

What makes zero sense is Iowa started the day 3 of 4 on 3rd down conversions and finished 4 of 17. There are other statistics that make zero sense as well. Oh, and it sounds like All is done for the season.

I hope Iowa keeps the season in front of them, doesn't listen to media criticism or outside noise, and beats the teams they should beat, which is all the rest of them left on the schedule.

Reactions: HawkBall23
I did the same trip. I remember laughing with buddies tailgating at the Rose Bowl over beers, watching my kids play on the beach in Santa Monica, gorging on In n Out Burger and many other great memories. Sure the game sucked, but there is ALWAYS a silver lining if you have a mind open to it.

You can play life to win against all takers - and yes sometimes you might get smoked - or you can crawl in a hole. I choose the former.

giphy.gif

I choose to go on my bike and do a categorized climb. That's living. A football game? Lol

Reactions: hawkeyetraveler
Embrace BF to the NFL as an OL assistant and get a competent OC in 2024
A competent OC? I haven't read the whole thread but I am sure someone told you this is KF's offense. Also, I am not sure what you don't like about an offense that targets a WR on a 0 yard cross on 3rd and 9. So much magic!

Reactions: hawkeyetraveler
A competent OC? I haven't read the whole thread but I am sure someone told you this is KF's offense. Also, I am not sure what you don't like about an offense that targets a WR on a 0 yard cross on 3rd and 9. So much magic!

Yes, I’ve read and discussed the reality. I know it’s fairly likely that the interim AD will cave in and allow BF to return next year. Rather than accepting that recruiting will suffer and the offense will be as bad or worse, I chose to hope for the best.

Yes, I’ve read and discussed the reality. I know it’s fairly likely that the interim AD will cave in and allow BF to return next year. Rather than accepting that recruiting will suffer and the offense will be as bad or worse, I chose to hope for the best.

I have a sneaky suspicion that...let's play what if.

Iowa doesn't get to 25 average, yet does go say 11-1, wins the west but gets beaten in the CCG, then whatever for a bowl. So, 11-3 at worst but Kirk squeezes the absolute maximum out of this team in the process, maybe one of his greatest head coaching jobs in his career.

An 11-3 with THIS offense would be an astonishing outcome.

Yet, new AD effectively holds Brian to the contract and fires Brian (and doesn't allow him to slide back in as say the OL coach).

All that plays out - my bet is that Kirk would retire. No...not joking. I mean...Barta is gone. The conference is changing into "not the conference Kirk maybe wants to be a part of" any more - NIL, transfer portal, 18 (and maybe more coming) teams, etc. The job simply isn't the job he signed up for any more (and this goes for all major conference CFB coaches to a degree).

Kirk ain't getting any younger - this "new era" to me, it is a young man's era. He may simply decide that's it's a good time to go.

Iowa doesn't get to 25 average, yet does go say 11-1, wins the west but gets beaten in the CCG, then whatever for a bowl. So, 11-3 at worst but Kirk squeezes the absolute maximum out of this team in the process, maybe one of his greatest head coaching jobs in his career.

Yet, new AD effectively holds Brian to the contract and fires Brian (and doesn't allow him to slide back in as say the OL coach).

All that plays out - my bet is that Kirk would retire. No...not joking. I mean...Barta is gone. The conference is changing into "not the conference Kirk maybe wants to be a part of" any more - NIL, transfer portal, 18 (and maybe more coming) teams, etc. The job simply isn't the job he signed up for any more (and this goes for all major conference CFB coaches to a degree).

Kirk ain't getting any younger - this "new era" to me, it is a young man's era. He may simply decide that's it's a good time to go.
I think you’re underestimating the greed factor here. No way he retires no matter what happens at the end of the season.

• Haha
Reactions: Kelsers

Contract isn't about firing. It's about getting a bonus.

Reactions: jamesvanderwulf
Why?

Noon games start at 11 a.m. I guess night games aren't so brutal, so I'll give you that.
For games, only the 11:00 college game is too early. Every other game, whether college, NFL, MLB, NBA, etc. is much more watchable. Heck, the late regular TV programs start at 9:00.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT