ADVERTISEMENT

It really wasn't that close

Big Hawk D-Port

HR Heisman
Nov 29, 2004
Wisconsin missed two field goals, fumbled at the goal line. They manhandled Iowa all game. I haven't looked but I would guess they close to tripled us up in first downs and total yards.

For some reason that makes the somewhat close loss easier to swallow.

Well, yeah it was.

There is no such thing as a perfectly played game. Ever.

If we're going to rip Iowa for the late Purdue flurry (which was a game that was NEVER in doubt), we have to accept 17-9 here.

Wisconsin missed two field goals, fumbled at the goal line. They manhandled Iowa all game. I haven't looked but I would guess they close to tripled us up in first downs and total yards.

For some reason that makes the somewhat close loss easier to swallow.
The group I watched with felt like Wisconsin played this game similar to a Purdue, Rutgers, etc. - just another game to get through to get to more meaningful games.

Well, yeah it was.

If we're going to rip Iowa for the late Purdue flurry (which was a game that was NEVER in doubt), we have to accept 17-9 here.
Yes it was. Dumb.

The Badger TDs were by an inch. I don't Clement scored on the second one. That pass to Fant which was called a TD on the field and then overturned makes me wonder what a catch really is. The Badgers are the better team but they also got the benefit of the doubt and we didn't.

clements 2nd never broke the plane you can see the ball is loose, fants was maybe not a TD but not enough to overturn.

I went through the Fant catch frame by frame on my computer (30fps)...still puzzled by the replay call because it was called a catch on the field.

It just didn't look to me like it definitely did move enough to over-rule.

This game was not as close as the score. Very late in the game we had we had 6 pts, 160 yards of offense and 1 first down in the second half. Then with 7-8 minutes we finally decide to hurry it up and tacked on 3 pts.

I think it felt closer because Wisconsin although better did little to wow you.

We were absolutely pathetic.

Well, yeah it was.

Well then, it is a good thing that I was one of the people ripping Iowa for sh$tting the bed in the 4th quarter against Purdue. Considering how terrible we played today, a close game this was not.

Iowa missed a field goal and should've had two touchdowns.

I don't give turnovers a pass and if they don't like it they can kiss my rear end.

Iowa couldn't get out of their own way. That's how this game reads to those who would rather not make up reasons to give Wisconsin credit because they're bitter that Iowa lost...........

Deal with it.

Worst part of this thread is we are debating how close a loss was. Close, blowout, whatever - we have lost three and to add insult - all in our own house. After last season, this is sad state for Hawkeyes fans.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT