ADVERTISEMENT

It's happening again!!

"We"?

Or "Republicans/MAGAs"?

There are certainly conservatives who have dumped this nonsense. You have a hard-core 30-40% that has fallen here. And it's uber-rich people pushing the propaganda, because they think Trump will give them anything they want if they cozy up to him. They do not care if democracy fails, so long as they get to "buy" what they want. And that's much more difficult to do in an actual democracy where individuals are informed and able to see behind the curtain.

I ment we as in the country.

This is 90% on Republicans. Some Dem actions have been questionable. Nominating and especially re-nominating Biden at his age is questionable. Don't get me wrong I'm voting for Biden between it's between him and an wanna be authoritarian. But the man is gonna be 82 years old on election day and if he makes to to the end of his term 86 years old. We shouldn't put the country in the hands of someone that old.

Did you not read the article from the op in post #1?

Trump received a target letter from Jack Smith regarding his roll in January 6th. Target letters come before an indictment. I seriously doubt it’s only about his speech at the rally before his “tourists” marched to the capitol.

I've been burned so many times about indictments right around the corner that I tend not to believe them til either Trump confirms it or the indictment actually comes out.

The only reason I believe Trump is this is one of the few things he doesn't seem to have brazenly lied about. When he said "I'm going to be arrested" it's the last 2 times followed by an indictment.

Reactions: Joes Place

This is 90% on Republicans. Some Dem actions have been questionable. Nominating and especially re-nominating Biden at his age is questionable.
How is this remotely the same thing as overturning an election? Or nominating a criminal?

Trump is almost the same age, so there's not really any comparison here. And Biden may not be as sharp as he was in his 60s, but he has demonstrated that he is competent, and surrounds himself with competent people getting things done.

Did you bother to look at the manufacturing economic numbers in response to the Inflation Reduction Act? Dems are not perfect, by any stretch, but many of the things being done are definitely to the benefit of Main St and not mega-donors. I'll re-elect the main characters succeeding on those points 7 days a week, and twice on Sundays....

This is 90% on Republicans. Some Dem actions have been questionable. Nominating and especially re-nominating Biden at his age is questionable. Don't get me wrong I'm voting for Biden between it's between him and an wanna be authoritarian. But the man is gonna be 82 years old on election day and if he makes to to the end of his term 86 years old. We shouldn't put the country in the hands of someone that old.

I'd also add - Biden is someone that if he recognizes he is unable to fulfill his responsibilities as President, he'd step aside. And he is not someone who seems to be keen on selling the country out to special interests, or allowing folks pushing those interests to run roughshod.

As a politician, you do have to keep the people who fund you happy, but that doesn't mean you give them everything they ask for. That is a key difference I see between Dems and Reps. Reps will sell out the farm to retain power. That's how we end up with so many more things like environmental disasters and financial meltdowns. They literally let the Big Donors and Big Banks write the policies FOR them w/o even bothering to consider ramifications.

How is this remotely the same thing as overturning an election? Or nominating a criminal?

Trump is almost the same age, so there's not really any comparison here. And Biden may not be as sharp as he was in his 60s, but he has demonstrated that he is competent, and surrounds himself with competent people getting things done.

Did you bother to look at the manufacturing economic numbers in response to the Inflation Reduction Act? Dems are not perfect, by any stretch, but many of the things being done are definitely to the benefit of Main St and not mega-donors. I'll re-elect the main characters succeeding on those points 7 days a week, and twice on Sundays....

Don't take any of this to mean that I can compare the Dems to the Republicans. I can't. Republicans are flirting with authoritaranism so hard that I fear one more Republican administration and our elections will be meaningless.

I'm just saying that in normal times we probably would not have an 82 year old old man standing as his party's nominee for president.

It's not comparable. It's just a tiny sliver of how far we've fallen. Most of the rest is on Republicans.

Don't take any of this to mean that I can compare the Dems to the Republicans. I can't. Republicans are flirting with authoritaranism so hard that I fear one more Republican administration and our elections will be meaningless.

I'm just saying that in normal times we probably would not have an 82 year old old man standing as his party's nominee for president.

It's not comparable. It's just a tiny sliver of how far we've fallen. Most of the rest is on Republicans.
You're one of the few conservative voices on here who has seen that party for what it has become.
Which is a bit refreshing, actually.

I'd also add - Biden is someone that if he recognizes he is unable to fulfill his responsibilities as President, he'd step aside. And he is not someone who seems to be keen on selling the country out to special interests, or allowing folks pushing those interests to run roughshod.

As a politician, you do have to keep the people who fund you happy, but that doesn't mean you give them everything they ask for. That is a key difference I see between Dems and Reps. Reps will sell out the farm to retain power. That's how we end up with so many more things like environmental disasters and financial meltdowns. They literally let the Big Donors and Big Banks write the policies FOR them w/o even bothering to consider ramifications.

I'm not sure I buy the bolded.

The thing about dementia is that a lot of people with it don't understand that their mind is fading. So even if Biden were the 1 in 1000 politicians who would willingly give up power for the good of the country, I'm not convinced that he would recognize it.

You're one of the few conservative voices on here who has seen that party for what it has become.
Which is a bit refreshing, actually.

Well I'm only socially conservative and the Republicans have never really been that. Any socially conservative thing they do is generally just pandering for votes. Because when it comes right down to it they will put corporate power ahead of families nearly every time.

I just believe in strong and stable families. I wish the left would prioritize that more on the the moral end by stopping looking at things like swinging as a legit choice that we shouldn't look down on at all. Also wish they would push more on people to get married and have children because that is what is good for the country and good for the people. On the legal end I wish they would do some work to make divorces tougher and encourage people to get and stay married. I know you would take issue with that.

But at the same time I wish the right would encourage strong and stable families by actually caring about their financial health and healthcare. Well off families just simply do better than poor families. So anyone who is really pro family should look at that and say we should do everything possible to reduce the number of poor families. And if we want people to get married and have children we should do what's possible to ease that burden. So we should have paid parental leave. We should have universal healthcare.

NY state, Fed Documents case, GA state case and Jan 6 case. There may be another Fed case for documents in New Jersey coming also.
I thought maybe Arizona state case as well? I don’t know why there wouldn’t be one in Michigan as well.

Reactions: mjtommy
Well I'm only socially conservative and the Republicans have never really been that. Any socially conservative thing they do is generally just pandering for votes. Because when it comes right down to it they will put corporate power ahead of families nearly every time.

I just believe in strong and stable families. I wish the left would prioritize that more on the the moral end by stopping looking at things like swinging as a legit choice that we shouldn't look down on at all. Also wish they would push more on people to get married and have children because that is what is good for the country and good for the people. On the legal end I wish they would do some work to make divorces tougher and encourage people to get and stay married. I know you would take issue with that.

But at the same time I wish the right would encourage strong and stable families by actually caring about their financial health and healthcare. Well off families just simply do better than poor families. So anyone who is really pro family should look at that and say we should do everything possible to reduce the number of poor families. And if we want people to get married and have children we should do what's possible to ease that burden. So we should have paid parental leave. We should have universal healthcare.
How would you “push more” for people to get married and to have children?

Reactions: blhawk
It all sucks.
Both parties are corrupt.
Both only care about themselves and not the people. Anyone who believes different is deluding themselves

• Haha
Reactions: unsubstantiated
I'm not sure I buy the bolded.

The thing about dementia is that a lot of people with it don't understand that their mind is fading. So even if Biden were the 1 in 1000 politicians who would willingly give up power for the good of the country, I'm not convinced that he would recognize it.
You don't think Jill would sit down with him and tell him?

She's not a power-monger akin to what the Trump family is. Biden is cut from similar cloth to Al Gore. The guy who "stepped aside" for the good of the country in the 2000 election mess. And he likely could have won, had he taken on tactics like Trump, because his party was in power, and could have wielded that power to do so.

But they did not. Because they are democrats, with a small-d. They understand the nation is bigger than who sits in the Oval Office. The GOP is run by people who do not understand this, and only want to be in the seat of power. They do not stand for anything except getting power.

This is evident in that they have no actual policies to run on except "cut taxes for the rich" and pick on minorities that help get them votes. When they return to actual conservative principles, like "personal responsibility" and "personal accountability" and accountability to our own Constitution, then I can vote for them. But denying things that will impact generations to come (e.g. climate change) is not something in line with what they claim their values are. Leaving messes for future generations is not "pro-business" nor "responsible".

The conservatives of the 1960s/70s passed the Clean Air act and of the Reagan Era, the Montreal Protocols. Those folks do not exist anymore, which is why I'm not in favor of putting them in power, until they get people like that back running their party.

Reactions: ParkerHawk
It all sucks.
Both parties are corrupt.
Both only care about themselves and not the people. Anyone who believes different is deluding themselves
This is rightwing propaganda used to justify voting non-conservative Republicans back into office.

The Inflation Reduction Act is having real impacts on manufacturing in America.
The ACA made big strides in fixing parts of our healthcare system.

Neither of those has had ANY support from the GOP, and despite having 4 full years to "replace" the ACA with something, they came up with ZERO. All they wanted to do is repeal and break it.

So, quit the BS in claiming the parties are "equivalent". They are run by people with entirely different mindsets of what a "government for the people" means. One side understands it is for "all the people"; the other thinks it's just for "the rich people who can butter our bread and give our Party and the same rich people free shit".

Last edited:
We havn't heard if Jan 6 is indicting yet though. NY and Fed have indictments unsealed. GA state Trump is claiming he is going to be indicted so we're assuming that's probably going to happen.

J6 we don't know. It might be tougher to indict him on that. I don't think the speech he gave is enough to expose him to criminal liability. The best chance you have to expose him to criminal liability would be his attempts to circumvent to National Guard to protecting the Capitol.
He's definitely indicted for J6. And it's pretty likely they have a strong case against him.

You don't think Jill would sit down with him and tell him?

She's not a power-monger akin to what the Trump family is. Biden is cut from similar cloth to Al Gore. The guy who "stepped aside" for the good of the country in the 2000 election mess. And he likely could have won, had he taken on tactics like Trump, because his party was in power, and could have wielded that power to do so.

But they did not. Because they are democrats, with a small-d. They understand the nation is bigger than who sits in the Oval Office. The GOP is run by people who do not understand this, and only want to be in the seat of power. They do not stand for anything except getting power.

This is evident in that they have no actual policies to run on except "cut taxes for the rich" and pick on minorities that help get them votes. When they return to actual conservative principles, like "personal responsibility" and "personal accountability" and accountability to our own Constitution, then I can vote for them. But denying things that will impact generations to come (e.g. climate change) is not something in line with what they claim their values are. Leaving messes for future generations is not "pro-business" nor "responsible".

The conservatives of the 1960s/70s passed the Clean Air act and of the Reagan Era, the Montreal Protocols. Those folks do not exist anymore, which is why I'm not in favor of putting them in power, until they get people like that back running their party.

I'm not saying she is but she's also not exactly unbiased. Neither is anyone there who could do something about it.

I think Biden's chance IMO was to step aside and let someone younger run in 2024. He did his job but he's clearly struggling sometimes now.

I mean Biden has my vote because the opposition is either Trump or DeSantis both of which are a million times worse. But if Romney was on the ticket I'd vote for him over Biden. Probably would vote for Liz Cheney over Biden too. If Republicans actually ran people who didn't give off vibes of "I'm going to take over the country, cancel elections and punish anyone who was ever critical of me" I would probably vote for them over Biden at this point just off the sheer management of the country perspective and not based on political views.

I thought maybe Arizona state case as well? I don’t know why there wouldn’t be one in Michigan as well.
I agree that there will be more coming. The point I was trying to make to Hoosiers was that trump just received the target letter on Sunday. The target letter comes before the indictment. This coming indictment will make #4 and Trump acknowledged this letter by sending out a message on truth social.

Reactions: ironside1
I've been burned so many times about indictments right around the corner that I tend not to believe them til either Trump confirms it or the indictment actually comes out.

The only reason I believe Trump is this is one of the few things he doesn't seem to have brazenly lied about. When he said "I'm going to be arrested" it's the last 2 times followed by an indictment.
Trump confirmed that he received another target letter from Jack Smith. This one pertains to January 6th. That will make this number 4. Everything I’ve read says the actual indictment will come tomorrow (7-19) or Friday (7-20).

Trump confirmed that he received another target letter from Jack Smith. This one pertains to January 6th. That will make this number 4. Everything I’ve read says the actual indictment will come tomorrow (7-19) or Friday (7-20).

Yeah but a target letter if I'm not mistaken is a letter saying "You are being investigated" not a letter saying "Report for arrest"

Yeah but a target letter if I'm not mistaken is a letter saying "You are being investigated" not a letter saying "Report for arrest"
That’s correct. The thing with trump is he’s “truthed” about every target letter he has received and they have been followed up with an indictment shortly after. I fully expect him to have his 4th indictment shortly. With more coming out of Arizona,Michigan and anywhere that had the fake electors.

It's report to the Grand Jury. Almost always does a Grand Jury recommend indictment once it gets to this point with targets of investigations.

Reactions: mjtommy
You'll have a point when Democrats try anything close to equivalent to this crap. Right now GOP is on a different planet of corruption
I’ll agree with that . If democrats are corrupt then they don’t even have a word for the GOP

Reactions: Ree4
That’s the thing… even if Trump fails to win the Republican nomination, he will NOT be out of the picture. That much is certain.

If Trump fails to secure the nomination he's done,.. And likewise, if he wins the nomination, he won't be able to win the general election, so he's also done,.. Either way, Trump is finished.

Reactions: sabula
Not at all, the GOP is invincible,.. We have Biden and his merry band of Democrats to continually make us look like the better option..

Which things are "bad", in your opinion, here:

• Getting the Philadelphia road bridge repaired within a few weeks, when initial projections were "6 months"?

• Intercepting 2/3-of-a-million fentanyl pills at the border?

• Leading ALL G7 countries with the fastest economic growth and the lowest inflation?

• Better unemployment numbers and lower inflation than 1984 Reagan?

• Standing up to autocrats, instead of kowtowing to them and taking their side against the word of our own Intel Agencies?

• An economy with hiring rates we haven't seen since the 1960's?

• Reviving the manufacturing sector, with manufacturing construction contributing to a full 1/5th of overall GDP growth?

• Manufacturing construction at a 6-decade high?

• Supporting Ukraine, instead of supporting Russia?

Which of those accomplishments/items has you "so pissed off" here?

BE SPECIFIC

Which things are "bad", in your opinion, here:

• Getting the Philadelphia road bridge repaired within a few weeks, when initial projections were "6 months"?

• Intercepting 2/3-of-a-million fentanyl pills at the border?

• Leading ALL G7 countries with the fastest economic growth and the lowest inflation?

• Better unemployment numbers and lower inflation than 1984 Reagan?

• Standing up to autocrats, instead of kowtowing to them and taking their side against the word of our own Intel Agencies?

• An economy with hiring rates we haven't seen since the 1960's?

• Reviving the manufacturing sector, with manufacturing construction contributing to a full 1/5th of overall GDP growth?

• Manufacturing construction at a 6-decade high?

• Supporting Ukraine, instead of supporting Russia?

Which of those accomplishments/items has you "so pissed off" here?

BE SPECIFIC
Barack Obama Mic Drop GIF

There has been a lot of resistance to allowing younger voices positions of leadership within the Democratic Party. At least Pelosi finally realized the importance of letting someone else take the leadership reigns and how she could provide a voice of guidance behind the scenes to help them be effective at their jobs. Couple that with the general difficulty Democrats have had at earning governorships in the states, it really narrows the pool of potential candidates.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT