ADVERTISEMENT

I've been exposed...

NoleATL

HR Legend
Gold Member
Jul 11, 2007
Had lunch with a friend on Friday, then he came to our pool for a bit Friday night, then again at our pool Sunday afternoon and we went and ate tacos outdoors Sunday evening. He was in our house for about 20 minutes. As of today, he tested positive on one of the rapid tests.

Backing up to yesterday... I had lunch with a mutual friend of the first and they hang much more frequently. We drove in the car together with masks on. After our mutual friend told us he tested positive/asymptomatic, my lunch friend yesterday says his smell is off today and that he had night sweats last night...

That sucks. Hoping you don't catch it, and if you do that you make a speedy recovery. FWIW, I do know three people that have had close contact with someone with Covid19 (two of them significant others who shared the same bed with the infected person) who never contracted it (and tested negative).

Reactions: NoleATL and Hawki97
Had lunch with a friend on Friday, then he came to our pool for a bit Friday night, then again at our pool Sunday afternoon and we went and ate tacos outdoors Sunday evening. He was in our house for about 20 minutes. As of today, he tested positive on one of the rapid tests.

Backing up to yesterday... I had lunch with a mutual friend of the first and they hang much more frequently. We drove in the car together with masks on. After our mutual friend told us he tested positive/asymptomatic, my lunch friend yesterday says his smell is off today and that he had night sweats last night...

Don't sweat it. My 71 year old mother just recovered and I was also exposed helping her. Headache, day or 2 of diarrhea non-stop and not eating. You should be good as new in a week and 20 lbs lighter.

That sucks. Hoping you don't catch it, and if you do that you make a speedy recovery. FWIW, I do know three people that have had close contact with someone with Covid19 (two of them significant others who shared the same bed with the infected person) who never contracted it (and tested negative).

Same. I know a number of people that live in the same household with COVIDers and the never caught it. Well, at least they don't think they did because they never got ill.

Reactions: MplsHawk
Had a buddy with a similar story last week. Took his Covid-19 test yesterday. 3-7 days for the result.

Before the board knows how to respond could please remind us of your thoughts on:

The riots:
Wearing a mask:
Your voting preferences:
Blondes vs brunettes:

Your response to these questions will clarify if we need to "pray" for you or "find it hilarious".
Tia.

(The idea of cheering it on isn't that funny when its "one of our own" is it?)

Anybody want to talk about "karma" now?
NoleATLHR Legend
NewTiming is everything. Sometimes you just miss the mark:

"Gohmert was expected to fly to Texas with President Donald Trump on Wednesday. He tested positive during a pre-screen at the White House, according to Politico."

Before the board knows how to respond could please remind us of your thoughts on:

The riots:
Wearing a mask:
Your voting preferences:
Blondes vs brunettes:

Your response to these questions will clarify if we need to "pray" for you or "find it hilarious".
Tia.

(The idea of cheering it on isn't that funny when its "one of our own" is it?)

The riots: Soros red herring festivals
Wearing a mask: death sentence and unpatriotic
Your voting preferences: Anarcho Tea Party
Blondes vs brunettes: would have to get to know as a person first

Clearly this is God's wrath against the gays.

The riots: Soros red herring festivals
Wearing a mask: death sentence and unpatriotic
Your voting preferences: Anarcho Tea Party
Blondes vs brunettes: would have to get to know as a person first

Clearly this is God's wrath against the gays.
Appreciate your response moral unfortunately due to your inability to immediately identify your preference for blondes vs brunettes you are going to fall in the "find it hilarious" bucket. May God have mercy on you.

Reactions: NoleATL and Moral
Don't sweat it. My 71 year old mother just recovered and I was also exposed helping her. Headache, day or 2 of diarrhea non-stop and not eating. You should be good as new in a week and 20 lbs lighter.
I wouldn't mind dropping a quick 7 or 8 lbs.

Reactions: Rudolph
Anybody want to talk about "karma" now?
NoleATLHR Legend
NewTiming is everything. Sometimes you just miss the mark:

"Gohmert was expected to fly to Texas with President Donald Trump on Wednesday. He tested positive during a pre-screen at the White House, according to Politico."
Meh... I've never denied the possibility I/we'd get it even though I wear a mask as recommended. We've said multiple times to each other and the Friday lunch friend, if we get it, it would be from him.

Same. I know a number of people that live in the same household with COVIDers and the never caught it. Well, at least they don't think they did because they never got ill.
My partner had swine flu back in the day and I didn't get it. He had full blown symptoms when we were in a rental car and hotel for several days. This was the week FSU played BYU out there...

Since he wouldn't wear a mask, I wonder how many others he infected? At the least, how many now need to quarantine? And, will they?
Friday lunch was outdoors, as was Sunday tacos. He was in our place for a short time without a mask. He's a very social person so there is a frenzy of folks going to get tested now. He'll quarantine as necessary... Can't speak for any of his other friends.

Yeah, he did say they were together in the house for 20 minutes.....
If you recall my "birthday present" from 2 birthdays back, it is that guy. But, there hasn't been anything intimate for about a year. Just good friends now and trying to help a young guy see his way through a complicated world.

Reactions: Rudolph

I hope you are okay, but if you get COVID its your fault according to @naturalmwa because you didn’t take precautions.

I'm actually more concerned about the mutual friend I had lunch with yesterday... we were in the car with masks. He's the one who says he has symptoms. He can be a hypochondriac so we'll find out soon.

Soooooo why didn't you avoid this ticking time bomb?
We did quite a bit. But occasionally would let our guard down and be social. Hind sight, should have stayed away and just waited for him to get it and be done with it...

We did quite a bit. But occasionally would let our guard down and be social. Hind sight, should have stayed away and just waited for him to get it and be done with it...

Hope it works out well for you. When you're that close it's certainly a wake up call.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT