ADVERTISEMENT

Jack McCaffery: Officially Not Considering Iowa

I thought Jack had alluded to this previously? Also, how old is Fran? That may factor into whether he stays or not.

I thought Jack had alluded to this previously? Also, how old is Fran? That may factor into whether he stays or not.
He previously alluded that he would consider all his options. But the statements today are far far more conclusive.

I also suspect the awful rumors about his recent traffic incident might be a motivating factor given the timing . . . (and no I won't be providing any more details. that's what the internet is for).

He previously alluded that he would consider all his options. But the statements today are far far more conclusive.

I also suspect the awful rumors about his recent traffic incident might be a motivating factor given the timing . . . (and no I won't be providing any more details. that's what the internet is for).
Agree with you. I think for his sake the further away he goes to school is probably the better for him. Get out of the BT...maybe Big East.

yeah, if the rumors are true regarding the accident, I can REALLY see how he would want to have a new beginning in a new city

Man this is awful really hope not him. Prayers for the family of the victim.

yeah, if the rumors are true regarding the accident, I can REALLY see how he would want to have a new beginning in a new city
How are there no legal issues involved. I don’t wish (rumored) what happened on anyone but to think people are writing articles about him and things being BAU? I mean…bigger picture here.

Reactions: littlez
Not surprising.
I agree, but I said this over a year ago on this site, and was laughed at and assured there was NO WAY Jack didnt come to Iowa. Its been pretty clear from public statements from Mama bear that she's been more then a little displeased with how "the fans" have treated the two older sons over the last several years. I'd have been shocked if Jack came to Iowa. The bad part is, I'll bet without any hesitation that Jack will be the best of the three brothers by far, as a well rounded talent. Yes we'll be fine, but you could see this coming for sometime now....

How are there no legal issues involved. I don’t wish (rumored) what happened on anyone but to think people are writing articles about him and things being BAU? I mean…bigger picture here.

there have only been rumors on what happened so who knows what legal issues might end up being involved

I agree, but I said this over a year ago on this site, and was laughed at and assured there was NO WAY Jack didnt come to Iowa. Its been pretty clear from public statements from Mama bear that she's been more then a little displeased with how "the fans" have treated the two older sons over the last several years. I'd have been shocked if Jack came to Iowa. The bad part is, I'll bet without any hesitation that Jack will be the best of the three brothers by far, as a well rounded talent. Yes we'll be fine, but you could see this coming for sometime now....

While I think the fans have been hard, this is a Philly family, is it not?

What's sad is the same people who have been screaming nepotism for why Connor & PMac got scholarships will now be screaming that Fran can't even land his highly rated son, Jack.

Jack is good now and he's got 2 more years in high school to develop

Maybe Jack will change his mind over the next 2 years; if not, the fans screaming nepotism will have gotten what they wanted, which is NO SCHOLARSHIP for Fran's kid!

Reactions: Hawktagonapus
This is the beginning of the end for the McCaffery era. When we miss the tournament and struggle with recruiting next year it will become more clear.
struggle with recruiting in 2024 is myth in your mind as Fran already has a top 100 4* committed already

wanna make a bet on this team does?

a perma self ban, IA wins 20+ games you leave and never return, less than 20 wins and I leave.

While I think the fans have been hard, this is a Philly family, is it not?

Margaret isn't; she grew up in St Paul, MN and of course went to school in Indiana (Notre Dame).

Jack was 3 years old when the family moved from New York to Iowa City

Jack obviously has discussed this issue (playing for his dad) with his mom, dad and brothers; he's also seen how his brothers have been treated. And now it appears Jack is ready to move on from Iowa City.

They've been here for 13 years, since Jack was a baby. He knows nothing of their east coast roots.

I am not talking about Jack... I am talking about parents.

I mean, I agree with everything going on I would be shocked if Jack would have gone to Iowa. I also know that both McCaffery boys have had pretty tough criticism (some just, some not). There is something that rubs me the wrong way about not going after the #51 prospect in your own house. If the program isn't good for him, why should anyone else send their kids here?

Again, I get it. I get why he would leave even before the accident. Jack is a great kid and I feel horrible for him. I just now feel equally terrible that he won't even consider Iowa.

I am not talking about Jack... I am talking about parents. I mean, I agree with everything going on I would be shocked if Jack would have gone to Iowa. I also know that both McCaffery boys have had pretty tough criticism (some just, some not). There is something that rubs me the wrong way about not going after the #51 prospect in your own house. If the program isn't good for him, why should anyone else send their kids here?

Why would you think Fran is not "going after" Jack? Fran is at his high school games and has been at his AAU games. Fran clearly has been recruiting Jack.

Again, I get it. I get why he would leave even before the accident. Jack is a great kid and I feel horrible for him. I just now feel equally terrible that he won't even consider Iowa.

He's considered Iowa. He's seen how his brothers have been treated. He's seen how PMac has struggled with anxiety. He's had discussions with many people (his parents, brothers, coaches, etc) and it appears he's ready to move on from Iowa City. I hope he changes his mind.

I am not talking about Jack... I am talking about parents.

I mean, I agree with everything going on I would be shocked if Jack would have gone to Iowa. I also know that both McCaffery boys have had pretty tough criticism (some just, some not). There is something that rubs me the wrong way about not going after the #51 prospect in your own house. If the program isn't good for him, why should anyone else send their kids here?

No where does it say that Frans not recruiting him. It just says that, at this time he's probably not going to Iowa. I think Fran's biggest sell job though will be with mama bear, and he's got his work cut out for him there I'm afraid....

after the way his father and brothers have been treated why in the hell would/should he consider IA?

even now its considered a absolute fact Jack was in this accident that NOBODY has proven to happen and who was involved, if I was Jack I would tell you to go to hell. its good to see the portal up and running as Fran can recruit till he retires/leaves. then the playes can transfer out when he does leave.

then the ? is WHY would anybody want to coach for such a toxic dump?

Why would you think Fran is not "going after" Jack? Fran is at his high school games and has been at his AAU games. Fran clearly has been recruiting Jack.

He's considered Iowa. He's seen how his brothers have been treated. He's seen how PMac has struggled with anxiety. He's had discussions with many people (his parents, brothers, coaches, etc) and it appears he's ready to move on from Iowa City. I hope he changes his mind.

No where does it say that Frans not recruiting him. It just says that, at this time he's probably not going to Iowa. I think Fran's biggest sell job though will be with mama bear, and he's got his work cut out for him there I'm afraid....

Okay, good point. Let's say not getting him instead.

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
yup as I hear lick is availble, here's to hiring lick again.
Hot Shots Idiot GIF

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT