ADVERTISEMENT

*****Jan 6 attempted coup in DC thread*****

OMG Trump's video should just end up being more fuel on the fire.

I’m interested in what the objectors to the electoral college will say when they reconvene and attempt to continue the charade. Going to be hard for Cruz and Hawley to condemn this when they were 100% complicit. This a direct consequence of Republican leadership humoring conspiracy theories.

We don't have the forces to do that! Capitol police and DC police are overwhelmed and overrun.

The defense department is preventing the deployment of the DC guard.

Well, they have a joint session of Congress going on right now.
They can draft up Impeachment articles and vote on them within an hour and be done.

Then Pence can call in whomever is needed.

Reactions: CarolinaHawkeye
I’m interested in what the objectors to the electoral college will say when they reconvene and attempt to continue the charade. Going to be hard for Cruz and Hawley to condemn this when they were 100% complicit. This a direct consequence of Republican leadership humoring conspiracy theories.

That's the sad part. All this chaos based on complete horseshit conspiracies.

McConnell is defending Democracy saying there is no evidence of massive fraud. You can tell he is embarrassed by the actions of some of his colleagues.

He is 4 years late, this is what he should be remember for not a last minute halfassed attempt at having a backbone.

We have a couple knuckleheads on this forum who had said the same thing. OiT.

It looks like order is slowly being restored.

There were images of a squad of national guardsmen and police walking in the Capitol building.

While I agree, that will incite the protesters even more.

Widespread criminal prosecution should be the path. Even if he tries to give himself immunity, however, with how he is behaving, I'd say they could invalidate anything he does for the next 14 days claiming diminished capacity and undermine any further pardons. And prosecute for an attempted coup amongst other charges. As well as charges for every single MAGAT that they can identify. Good thing they hate masks and like to show off.

Nero played the fiddle at the end. Trump played golf.

There is no shortage of "crazy" calling in to C-Span right now offering support for what is happening in D.C.

Woman on C-Span now claiming that DC's Mayor bussed in antifa to cause these problems, claims that she disavows the violence but then goes on an angry rant about an illegal election and the people's will being undermined and essentially suggesting that this is all justified.

God. Damn. People. Are. F--king. Stupid.

They'll act like it didn't happen. Unless the rest of the Senate cowboys up and shuts them down.

Reactions: DFSNOLE
This is how I envision Chis when the story broke and him about to post it on HROT:

tenor.gif

Yeah, it's apparent A LOT of people are not happy. Maybe you can't get that. Not supporting what's going on, but for crying out loud a lot of you have not "gotten" anything the past 4 years
You haven't understood for the last four years what a piece of shit leader your cult has.

Woman on C-Span now claiming that DC's Mayor bussed in antifa to cause these problems, claims that she disavows the violence but then goes on an angry rant about an illegal election and the people's will being undermined and essentially suggesting that this is all justified.

God. Damn. People. Are. F--king. Stupid.

These people have to be living on some type of assistance. How the F do they have enough time in the day to come up with these crackpot theories? I know OiT is a courier so maybe long commutes?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT