ADVERTISEMENT

Jersey numbers assigned

Max_Rebo

HR All-State
Jan 1, 2023
It looks like the Iowa Basketball official roster has been updated with jersey numbers for all the new guys.

For those interested in such things:
  • Even Brauns is #0
  • Brock Harding is #2
  • Ladji Dembele is #13
  • Ben Krikke is #23
  • Pryce Sandfort is #24
  • Owen Freeman is #32
Also, it looks like Amarion Nimmers has switched from #2 to #1.

Official Roster

I strongly suspect he’s getting that final scholarship.

Been absolutely no news on Fran pursuing any further portal targets at this time.

Let’s hope it works out.
I sure hope so, this years freshmen class plus Nimmers could someday be the starting five before it's all over...

Reactions: LaQuintaHawkeye
Payton Sanfort is listed as a guard. that is good news,
as of now the 2 deeps could look like this
1 6'2 Bowen 6'1 Harding
2 6'4 Perkins 6'7 Sanfort 6'5 Dix
3 6'9 Patrick 6'7 Sanfort
4 6'9 Brauns 6'9 Dembele
5 6'9 Krikke 6'11 Freeman 6'11 Mulvey
looks like that answers the question if Mulvey being 7'3.

either way this falls team looks solid up and down the roster. solid height experience at key positions. now it up to Fran and his staff to put the pieces together to get the best combination together to be the starting 5 on the court.

Fran can go small, big and even the standard PG thru Center position if he chooses.

6'9 250 lb PF Dembele is the one that has me excited, in his video he looks like Reggie Evan/White type of rebounder with range to 3 which neither of those 2 had.
a big bodied PF to bang with some of the BT PF's. even Draums at 6'9 240 lbs gives them more mass to battle in the paint.

Mulvey if he can hold his own in the paint at 245 lbs, is another body that can give some size in the paint,
those will make a difference by having those under the basket vs having a 6'9 center.
let's look at it like this
Filip 6'9 235 lbs playing the 5
Murray 6'8 225 lbs playing the 4

now Fran will have these

Mulvey 6'11 245 lbs playing the 5
Freeman 6'11 225 lbs playing the 5
Krikke 6'9 220 lbs playing the 4 or 5
Brauns 6'9 240 lbs playing the 4 or 5
Dembele 6'9 250 lbs playing the 4 or 5
Patrick 6'9 215 lbs playing the 3 or as a stretch 4 nor as a true PF.
this is something the team has lacked in the past.

Reactions: Buffalo43
I see that Braums is listed as a SR this season. that makes 5 scholarships for the 2024 class.
Brauns has already stated he will be at IA for two by taking his Covid year. I suspect Perkins will stay for his as well.

Krikke must leave and Patrick has indicated this is his last year (at IA at the very least). Coupled with the open ride and I see us at 3 rides for 2025 (one of which is for Koch of course).

It will be interesting how it shakes out…

Reactions: kceasthawk
Brauns has already stated he will be at IA for two by taking his Covid year. I suspect Perkins will stay for his as well.

Krikke must leave and Patrick has indicated this is his last year (at IA at the very least). Coupled with the open ride and I see us at 3 rides for 2025 (one of which is for Koch of course).

It will be interesting how it shakes out…
yes it is. with platers nobody really knows. as for Brauns I thought that somewhere I hear that he was going to play he was going to play 2 years,

that would be good for Iowa, that will make the 2025 a 3 scholly vs just 3 if every one leaves that graduates plus maybe a open scholly if Fran does not fill it in the 24 class.

never did like big classes, prefer 4-3-3-3 classes.

Reactions: warriors dad
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT