ADVERTISEMENT

July Live Period 1

Where are the recruiting results to date from those efforts? As tired as people are in seeing that, they are equally as tired with the "but he's a good boy and works HARD!" routine. Neither of us are wrong though.

The NEXT LEVEL of recruits, which will theoretically mean ACTUAL NCAA tourney results is what is needed, and that hasn't happened yet even with all of this hard work. That doesn't mean it won't, nor does that mean Fran is going to stop trying his hardest.

Land Pryce and JP, and this class actually looks like it may take that next step. A Pryce/Freeman/Brock is no slouch class on its own either, but not sure that enough to qualify as taking a step forward.
I think we've seen results from Day1. Fran had to build the program up without a lot of national recognition when he arrived. A decade of mediocrity before him. Do we get All Conference talent, early on, if he's not out there finding under-recruited player like White, and Jok after his injuries? Do we land back to back POY candidates if Fran isn't seeing the potential himself.

Now that we have some national attention, it's time to put more talent on the court throughout our playing rotation. IMO where we've finished short, in B1G Title contention, and NCAA results is not enough talent, top to bottom. This year we'll know Fran has filled the 2023 class, with priority targets, if the class is done in August or September.

Reactions: Fitzhawk
I think we've seen results from Day1. Fran had to build the program up without a lot of national recognition when he arrived. A decade of mediocrity before him. Do we get All Conference talent, early on, if he's not out there finding under-recruited player like White, and Jok after his injuries? Do we land back to back POY candidates if Fran isn't seeing the potential himself.

Now that we have some national attention, it's time to put more talent on the court throughout our playing rotation. IMO where we've finished short, in B1G Title contention, and NCAA results is not enough talent, top to bottom. This year we'll know Fran has filled the 2023 class, with priority targets, if the class is done in August or September.
Good points. I would go even further to say back-to-back-to-back-to-back (Luka 2 years in a row, then Keagan, now Kris).

This tweet is about Indiana, but the real story to me is that it looks like Jon Scheyer is next to them watching Power.

McCaffery, Underwood, and Painter were sitting together and enjoying each other’s company at one the sessions yesterday.

Reactions: perryhawk

Think this is just a random guy, so wouldn't put much emphasis into the second part of that tweet. The important thing to note is that Fran is attending yet another TJ Power game tonight.

boy, if TJ wants to pitch, could he ask for anything more than what he would get from Coach Heller?

do you know if TJ is considered an MLB pitching prospect?

Reactions: MonmouthHawk
Watched the last quarter of Power's game on stream tonight. He seems like BABC's only chance of winning games (they're 6-11 in EYBL this season). He dominated tonight though, 41 points & 15 boards is the final boxscore. Hit an incredible 3 while he was fading left when the game was getting close, which essentially iced the game. Hit quite a few free throws down the end to make sure Houston couldn't get back in.

I love the connections Fran has made on the East coast. And remember the Iowa/Boston connection: Caleb Middleton (2024), TJ Power (2023), Dasonte Bowen (2022), Josh Ogundele (2020) & Iowa Assistant Coach Courtney Eldridge (1998) are all part of the BABC (Boston Amateur Basketball Club).

TJ was among many who visited last year for the Penn State football game.

Some pics from that game:

Caleb Middleton (2024 PF)

137a2561.jpg

Cooper Koch (2024 PF)

137a2533.jpg

TJ Power (2023 PF)

137a2552.jpg

Josh Dix (2022 Commit)

137a2539.jpg

Dasonte Bowen (2022 Commit)

137a2530.jpg

Think this is just a random guy, so wouldn't put much emphasis into the second part of that tweet. The important thing to note is that Fran is attending yet another TJ Power game tonight.
I don’t follow men’s hoops recruiting as much as women’s hoops recruiting but Skinshoops86 is a GREAT follow. They might be a casual fan but they are locked in on basketball at every level. I very much trust their opinion.

Reactions: HawkHoops80
I don’t follow men’s hoops recruiting as much as women’s hoops recruiting but Skinshoops86 is a GREAT follow. They might be a casual fan but they are locked in on basketball at every level. I very much trust their opinion.
Good to know. Well, I sure do hope they're right in that Iowa does lead. Getting a second visit locked in will be huge.

Potential blow out class. Landing Payton provides three future starters. It can only get better from there.

I think Brock will be a huge steal. He seems very quick and skilled. He and Dasonte are going to give Iowa quality play for the next 5 years.

ADVERTISEMENT