ADVERTISEMENT

Juneteenth celebration shooting

Star Wars Irony GIF

Reactions: ihhawk
Even though this is probably the 87th post OP has made in the last month that just so happens to involve black people shooting at each other, OP does not have an agenda at all.

In fact, OP is so concerned about the safety and well being of those living in these urban communities, he just wants to bring greater awareness to the violence that is occurring in them. Frankly, I think we all owe a debt of gratitude to OP for spotlighting a problem that the rest of us would have otherwise been oblivious to.

Thank you, OP, for your service to our country. I had no idea poor, urban communities full of colored people were subjected to such senseless acts of gun violence. Thank you for bringing awareness to this new, developing problem. We all applaud your efforts. Well done.

Only happens when black people congregate together, right? I mean no other race would fire into a crowd of people, correct?
Only?
Who makes that argument?
You’re not posing a strawman are you?

Thank you for your service to our country. I had no idea races other than blacks were victims of gun violence. Thank you for bringing awareness to this new, developing problem. We all applaud your efforts. Well done.

;)

Looks like another one

Some of these kids sure do have a lot going on for them in life. The shooter in this article was 17 and was arrested recently on charges of being in possession of a gun as a felon. Glad he paid such a steep fine to get out so he could go and shoot at some other kids.
So much trash in this world.

Only?
Who makes that argument?
You’re not posing a strawman are you?

Thank you for your service to our country. I had no idea races other than blacks were victims of gun violence. Thank you for bringing awareness to this new, developing problem. We all applaud your efforts. Well done.

;)
Surely, you are aware of the OP’s balanced approach to bringing awareness to the gun violence problem in America, right?

I can’t wait to see what OP can dig up to share for us on MLK Day next January.

Reactions: BelemNole
Surely, you are aware of the OP’s balanced approach to bringing awareness to the gun violence problem in America, right?

I can’t wait to see what OP can dig up to share for us on MLK Day next January.
Is the distribution of the gun violence problem ‘balanced’?

Do you really think you’ll have to wait until next January?

We have Fourth of July and Labor Day coming.

A shooting that left six people dead during a Fourth of July parade in the Chicago area on Sunday marked the nation’s deadliest episode of gun violence over the holiday weekend, but was just one of several shootings over the holiday that killed or injured dozens of people across the country, including in Philadelphia, New York City and Kenosha, Wis, according to data from the nonprofit Gun Violence Archive.

Credit to the racists at the Gun Violence Archive for documenting gun nuts at work.

Some of these kids sure do have a lot going on for them in life. The shooter in this article was 17 and was arrested recently on charges of being in possession of a gun as a felon. Glad he paid such a steep fine to get out so he could go and shoot at some other kids.
So much trash in this world.
This IMO is the crux of the problem. We have no law and order anymore.

If liberals and people like the OP were actually serious about urban street violence, they would acknowledge that no real economic opportunity in these communities coupled with no law and order and a culture that glorifies violence and being a criminal are why this problem will never change.

This is what needs to happen if anyone is serious about change:

1. Stop wasting tax payer dollars in these communities with no accountability.

2. Stop putting people in prison for nonviolent drug offenses.

3. Execute violent criminals.

4. Provide serious financial incentives for companies to invest in these communities once law and order has been established and enough violent criminals have been executed.

5. Continue with zero tolerance.

Is the distribution of the gun violence problem ‘balanced’?

Do you really think you’ll have to wait until next January?

We have Fourth of July and Labor Day coming.

A shooting that left six people dead during a Fourth of July parade in the Chicago area on Sunday marked the nation’s deadliest episode of gun violence over the holiday weekend, but was just one of several shootings over the holiday that killed or injured dozens of people across the country, including in Philadelphia, New York City and Kenosha, Wis, according to data from the nonprofit Gun Violence Archive.

Credit to the racists at the Gun Violence Archive for documenting gun nuts at work.

You missed the point entirely.

As I stated in my post above, OP is not serious about the issue. He just likes to highlight how violent people of color are.

The fact gun violence predominantly affects poor communities full of colored people is not in question.

This IMO is the crux of the problem. We have no law and order anymore.

If liberals and people like the OP were actually serious about urban street violence, they would acknowledge that no real economic opportunity in these communities coupled with no law and order and a culture that glorifies violence and being a criminal are why this problem will never change.

This is what needs to happen if anyone is serious about change:

1. Stop wasting tax payer dollars in these communities with no accountability.

2. Stop putting people in prison for nonviolent drug offenses.

3. Execute violent criminals.

4. Provide serious financial incentives for companies to invest in these communities once law and order has been established and enough violent criminals have been executed.

5. Continue with zero tolerance.
I agree with all of your points. That conversation can’t be had though

You missed the point entirely.

As I stated in my post above, OP is not serious about the issue. He just likes to highlight how violent people of color are.

The fact gun violence predominantly affects poor communities full of colored people is not in question.
If it’s not in question, why is it ‘racist’ to observe?

Is it racist to observe it’s effected by the community most affected?

Let’s see how they’re doing across the pond.

“This Assembly is concerned that despite making up only 13% of London's total population, black Londoners account for 45% of London's knife murder victims, 61% of knife murder perpetrators and 53% of knife crime perpetrators.”
Mayor of London, London Assembly 2022.

Oh bugger…

one hates to generalize, and it's particularly stupid based on episodic stuff like this. But...

In my interim period before moving out of NoVA next month, we're living very near an all you can eat seafood shack which seems to be doing well. That said, about 75% of the cars in the lot have MD plates. So far so good. Anecdotally, the overwhelming proportion of the clientele are AA. Also, so far so good. No problem with people - many obviously families - pursuing food value, even if it's frozen shrimp.

But when the sun goes down, including late into the night when i walk my dog, frankly, the place gets a little sketch, in that the clientele tends to hang in the parking lot in groups after the families have left, and the car woofers start thumping. I'm going to guess we'll have an incident - hopefully just fisticuffs, and hopefully I'm wrong - by end of summer.

I agree with all of your points. That conversation can’t be had though
Exactly.

And I mostly blame liberals for that.

Regardless, I will continue to roll my eyes at talks about urban gun violence from far-right conservative media the same as I will shake my head at BLM rhetoric about a need for a massive overhaul in policing without ever a serious conversation about cultural reform.

If it’s not in question, why is it ‘racist’ to observe?

Is it racist to observe it’s effected by the community most affected?

Let’s see how they’re doing across the pond.

“This Assembly is concerned that despite making up only 13% of London's total population, black Londoners account for 45% of London's knife murder victims, 61% of knife murder perpetrators and 53% of knife crime perpetrators.”
Mayor of London, London Assembly 2022.

Oh bugger…
No, it’s not racist to observe or to point out data. Some conclusions people make about said data can be racist, but data in and of itself is not. I have always been consistent on that point.

Again, my sole intent was to poke fun at OP for his assiduous devotion to posting articles about urban gun violence disproportionately affecting people of color. No one who is honest and sane is oblivious to this problem. The question is, why does OP continue to beat this drum? Well, we know why (i.e.) Chishawk tweets the board to death with disparaging rhetoric on Trump and MAGA. He has never been shy about exposing his agenda. I’m just curious why OP continues to highlight this issue (when he’s not posting about grill master Chuck Schumer). Is he trying to convince the board black people are bad? Is he deeply concerned about the safety of citizens in these communities? Or is he just trying to get a rise out of the “everything is racist” crowd?

I don’t know. And since OP hasn’t indicated his reasoning for inundating the board with “black people are violent” tweets and articles, I am going to **** with him about it while he rubs himself in baby oil watching the responses he gets.

Only happens when black people congregate together, right? I mean no other race would fire into a crowd of people, correct?
Is trans considered a race or just a mental illness? You know they'll oblige your second question.

On topic, this sounds like everyday Oakland. Sorry rag, I don't say that bc it's full of blacks but bc their crime statistics are just not good.

Is trans considered a race or just a mental illness? You know they'll oblige your second question.

On topic, this sounds like everyday Oakland. Sorry rag, I don't say that bc it's full of blacks but bc their crime statistics are just not good.

I’m not a medical expert, but my first thought is to lean toward the side of mental illness.

And read the rest of the goddamn thread before you judge me, Scrud Man.

FYI, I just went out to breakfast with my girlfriend and had too many cups of coffee. **** around and find out, Scruddy. 😊

Reactions: Scruddy
Well I guess celebrating black people stuff was a big mistake!
Oddly (well, maybe not oddly), Juneteenth may from a substantive perspective actually be one of the more celebration-worthy events as civic holidays go.

But just wait. Next year I have a secret plan to roll out "Augustieth" and let me tell you: it's gonna be BIG.

Eye witness to the pool shooting

Comedic, but dubious. Either way, if he's the pick of the litter at the pool party, I pity the ladies in attendance.

This did take me waaaaay back to my very first project working at a small firm in Harrisburg after my first year of law school -- preliminary hearing involving an older defendant and an incident that sort of escalated from a bar fight. Lawyer tells me to call potential witness and get his story. So I get the guy on the phone (not really knowing what the hell I was doing since they don't really teach you anything about fact gathering in law school) and ask him what happens. He says he's at the party at the bar, a ruckus arises over in the corner, and then "I heard someone say 'gun' and at that point i got down on my knees and crawled the hell outta there vietnam style because you know...a bullet has no name".

Last edited:
Is it fair to say that blacks commit most random shootings?, just like whites commit most school shootings? A spade is a spade...

• Haha
Reactions: seminoleed
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT