ADVERTISEMENT

Just lost our best chance at Gold

A lot of talk about getting labor bids in on time and sealed envelopes. I don't really care. We aren't seeing who can pour new side walks at city hall. This is an athletic competition to see who represents team USA at the Olympics. Should cox get special treatment over other wrestlers, that weighed in on time? Hell yes he should. He's proven he can get the job done.
Sorry, J'den Cox is not "special". Nor you, nor I. We are all pimples on an elephants ass in the Grand Scheme of Things.

Streaming? Not tv? Ok
Not sure of the exact sessions and Mat numbers and that sort of thing, but someone posted a schedule in another thread. I set my DVR for today and tomorrow and I think both were for 5 hours or so of coverage(?). That is on NBC Sports, which is different from network NBC.

Peacock is NBC's streaming service. Maybe it's the same coverage if you don't have NBC Sports. My cable bill is monstrous, so I get every channel under the sun essentially.

How he gets his special wrestle off like a few others have had. This situation is a farce and the trials are a catastrophe. The way things are going no doubt Yianni gets hurt, burroughs and Dake both lose, DT gets hurt as well, and Gable beats everyone then decides no to attend olympics lol. This is just too much.

we lost our best chance at gold at 97kgs I’ll agree with that. Slim chance tho for either guy.
we have better chances at other weights. 74 if it’s Dake and 86 if it’s DT. HW if Gable.
Agree both guys chances are slim, but if I have to pick someone to beat the #1 P4P guy in the world, it’s the only guy to have done it in the last decade (Snyder).

Per messages between a certain jersey guy and Logan stieber. It was 45 seconds to a minute after 8am. Cael threw a fit and is responsible for Jden who made weight. Not to be able to wrestle!!! That’s the truth. More to come!!!
See now this is juicy if true. Can we get more details on this?

I can’t believe I am doing this but I actually agree with Crabbby!😀. And there are 2 reasons why. First, the rules were known beforehand. Second, people keep talking about him being “1 minute” late. What if it was 4 minutes late? 15 minutes late? It is quite the slippery slope which is why the rule is clearly stated. The competitive advantage or not is wholly irrelevant. I am a lawyer and there are “shall” and “should” rules. This is a shall rule. Unless there is an exception clearly delineated this is not based in equity (fairness) it is based in absolutes. I think it sucks but it is what it s.

Yep. Sad for J’den. Hope Sad destroys Kyle like before. Actively rooting for us to get crushed this Olympic cycle so we can revisit how we select teams.

Only way you improve things with USA wrestling is total and absolute failure. So go Russia. Go Iran.

• Haha
Reactions: pumpdog20
Yep. Sad for J’den. Hope Sad destroys Kyle like before. Actively rooting for us to get crushed this Olympic cycle so we can revisit how we select teams.

Only way you improve things with USA wrestling is total and absolute failure. So go Russia. Go Iran.

tenor.gif

No one took that wager, huh?

Reactions: Kuch96
Agree both guys chances are slim, but if I have to pick someone to beat the #1 P4P guy in the world, it’s the only guy to have done it in the last decade (Snyder).
I respectfully disagree. I’d pick the guy that Sadulaev hasn’t had a chance to wrestle yet. Might surprise him. I don’t see Snyder beating Sadulaev again, but I would love to be proven wrong.

Per messages between a certain jersey guy and Logan stieber. It was 45 seconds to a minute after 8am. Cael threw a fit and is responsible for Jden who made weight. Not to be able to wrestle!!! That’s the truth. More to come!!!
Would not surprise me at all. Have heard several stories of him being very awkward, strange and unhinged when he does not get his way.

Not true. It was 10-15 minutes according to Cody Goodwin who saw it first hand.
I’m saying what was posted and phone screenshots from a former Rutgers wrestler and logan stebier. Flat out said Cael threw his weight around about him weighing in after the scheduled weighing time.

Pretty certain Russia wouldn't disqualify Sads for missing weight by a few minutes. Wrestling world lost big time as probably the 2 most anticipated matchups were Cox/Snyder and Cox/Sads.

Pretty sure the Ruskies don’t give a shit what Suds weighs until Oly time.

The most decorated American wrestler of all time, along with one of the all time best coaches, just went on record saying that making weight in the allotted time period is an essential part of wrestling.
It’s antithetical to the nature of the sport to think anything else.

I’m saying what was posted and phone screenshots from a former Rutgers wrestler and logan stebier. Flat out said Cael threw his weight around about him weighing in after the scheduled weighing time.
And I'm saying what's been posted by a non-partisan, well respected wrestling journalist who saw it happen first hand has said on the record. I think I win the credibility contest.

Btw, what weight did Jack Medley wrestle at Big Tens?

The most decorated American wrestler of all time, along with one of the all time best coaches, just went on record saying that making weight in the allotted time period is an essential part of wrestling.

Oh and nevermind that the guy who couldn’t figure out how to make weight for trials is NOT the guy you want representing you at the Olympics. It shows where his head is at.

And I'm saying what's been posted by a non-partisan, well respected wrestling journalist who saw it happen first hand has said on the record. I think I win the credibility contest.

Btw, what weight did Jack Medley wrestle at Big Tens?
I was wrong on the medley thing. No doubt. Want a cookie for pointing that out. Been pointed out for a while now.

I was wrong on the medley thing. No doubt. Want a cookie for pointing that out. Been pointed out for a while now.
Just saying the conspiracy thing is probably bs. KJ told him weigh ins were at 8. They ended at 8. He showed up a few minutes before 8 half a lb over, which wouldn't be a problem normally if he had the full hour. It took him 15 to lose it, but it was way too late.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT