ADVERTISEMENT

Just remember folks, its the democrats that think we need to keep everything locked down.

That is simple economics.

No it isn't. There isn't any economics for division 3 as they haven't ever made money. What this does do is harm small colleges that rely ok athletics to attract students. It is a huge part of their business model. This decision hurts them dramatically

How long after you typed this, will the "light bulb" click "on" for you.....???

How long will it take you I wonder to realize that economics this year isn't any different than any other year for division three when it comes to this decision?

How long will it take you I wonder to realize that economics this year isn't any different than any other year for division three when it comes to this decision?

Utterly false.

Let's see how long THIS one takes to process for you....

Utterly false.

Let's see how long THIS one takes to process for you....

Sure thing joe. Division three doesn't make money ever but you think money is the reason they would cancel their national tournaments this year. Because of money.

They cancelled because an arbitrary number of schools at this level opted out and according to the rules they set they cancelled. It has nothing to do with economics.

Now go be wrong in your wrongness

Reactions: littlez
Sure thing joe. Division three doesn't make money ever but you think money is the reason they would cancel their national tournaments this year. Because of money.

Wow.....hamster still hasn't "spun up" your wheel yet, has it?

Consider:

• No tournaments are operated "free"; all the refs, scorekeepers, organizers need to be paid
  • During a pandemic, EXTRA PRECAUTIONS COST MORE than in any normal year; added testing, added procedures, added PPE/masks for everyone
  • Div 1 athletics can cover some of those costs with TV revenues; Div III cannot
  • Div III still needs venues to hold tournaments at, and cannot afford to conduct all the athlete, support staff, etc "sequestration" at a single site, like Div 1 can

And yet, you seem to think "economics" plays "no role" here. Amazing.

Reactions: RileyHawk

Consider:

• No tournaments are operated "free"; all the refs, scorekeepers, organizers need to be paid
  • During a pandemic, EXTRA PRECAUTIONS COST MORE than in any normal year; added testing, added procedures, added PPE/masks for everyone
  • Div 1 athletics can cover some of those costs with TV revenues; Div III cannot
  • Div III still needs venues to hold tournaments at, and cannot afford to conduct all the athlete, support staff, etc "sequestration" at a single site, like Div 1 can

Probably banking on the game program advertising covering those expenses? ;)

Consider:

And that is exactly the same every single year you dolt. Nothing has changed on the economics this year at all for division three. You think there is a ton of revenue to cover those things from where in any year for division three?

There isn't... literally nothing has changed this year economically in terms of offering national championships

And that is exactly the same every single year you dolt. Nothing has changed on the economics this year at all for division three. You think there is a ton of revenue to cover those things from where in any year for division three?

There isn't... literally nothing has changed this year economically in terms of offering national championships

Quick blurb from the NCAA

“Division III will receive approximately $10.7 million, a decrease of $22 million. These amounts will fund national programs, including championships.

So they lost their funding that supported the event......

Reactions: Joes Place
And that is exactly the same every single year you dolt. Nothing has changed on the economics this year at all for division three.

There's a pandemic EVERY YEAR that "ups" the costs for Div III and no one else?
Who knew? 🙄

Quick blurb from the NCAA

“Division III will receive approximately $10.7 million, a decrease of $22 million. These amounts will fund national programs, including championships.

So they lost their funding that supported the event......

"@hawkedoff has left the Chat"

Looks like the usual suspects are again gleefully celebrating the misfortune of others.

My role was to provide the fact that another poster didn’t seem to realize. There is no celebration of kids missing out on opportunities. To assign that value is disingenuous. Perhaps a review of the thread would be of help.

My role was to provide the fact that another poster didn’t seem to realize. There is no celebration of kids missing out on opportunities. To assign that value is disingenuous. Perhaps a review of the thread would be of help.

I’ve seen many of these threads over the past year. It’s the same people who jump in to enthusiastically celebrate the cancellation of events, that devastate those involved, and whose participants are often among the lowest risk groups.

And that decision was made.by the NCAA. It is t a revenue problem generated by division three. In addition no effort was made whatsoever to find an alternative solution. There is literally no economic difference from any other year other than the NCAA making a decision. It's amazing that someone would think division three sports generates 22m in revenue when they don't have any real mechanism to do so. In addition national games are hosted by the schools themselves.

No one claimed it had anything to do with "Div III revenues"

It has everything to do with "Div III economics".

You truly don't have any clue about Div three economics. The schools involved are absolutely reliant.on athletic participation to survive. Most of those schools go away without athletics.

This is year two of no national tournaments for winter sports. When these small schools lose the kids that would have gone or stayed in their schools because there is no wrestling or basketball opportunity to play for titles they are doomed. It doesn't take losing too many students for most of these schools to be in serious financial trouble.

This is year two of no national tournaments for winter sports. When these small schools lose the kids that would have gone or stayed in their schools because there is no wrestling or basketball opportunity to play for titles they are doomed. It doesn't take losing too many students for most of these schools to be in serious financial trouble.

Yes.....all those Div III athletes, paying their own way thru school, are "only there for the basketball".....

🙄

I have a relative who runs cross country for a small college. They canceled this season this past fall.
The entire team left and are now running at other schools.

I have a relative who runs cross country for a small college. They canceled this season this past fall.
The entire team left and are now running at other schools.
But none of 'em are running in a D-III championship, are they?

I’ve seen many of these threads over the past year. It’s the same people who jump in to enthusiastically celebrate the cancellation of events, that devastate those involved, and whose participants are often among the lowest risk groups.

There was no ‘celebration’, that is a misrepresentation.

Lol. You truly are putting your ignorance on full display aren't you
Please stop making me be on Joe’s side. Their economic model to run championships was severely altered. The schools got what they needed, those kids to attend and pay tuition for the year. When it became an extra expense for the schools they decided not to participate.

Please stop making me be on Joe’s side. Their economic model to run championships was severely altered.

Entirely my point. Combination of lost revenues for them AND higher expenses (not to mention the risks involved)

There was no ‘celebration’, that is a misrepresentation.
Might want to re-adjust that sentiment.

Under what conditions?

The ones many other schools have retuned under, have thrived and have been posted about here several times. Hell before the Town Hall, all three Dem talking heads on CNN said that Biden is being forced to choose between "Science" and the Teachers Union when it comes to schools opening back up. In other words, the teachers unions demands are stupid and anti-science.

Ooh...found it.

Reactions: anon_89hvcc2uyzmki

That's a pretty weak take. She's drying the hand sanitizer off, and simply tired of standing.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes

So the LA Health person cancelled the D3 Championships and celebrated? Not sure how your post ties into mine.

Reactions: Menace Sockeyes
List them.
I already did. To you. Last week.

I just heard some dumb shit on CNN talking about “dilapidated water fountains” as a reason they couldn’t return to school yet. All fountains are covered up and out of use at our school. Incredible the mental gymnastics these dopes put themselves through to avoid educating our kids.

I already did. To you. Last week.

I just heard some dumb shit on CNN talking about “dilapidated water fountains” as a reason they couldn’t return to school yet. All fountains are covered up and out of use at our school. Incredible the mental gymnastics these dopes put themselves through to avoid educating our kids.
And I pointed out to you then that they were not being followed. Not even remotely. So maybe if you list them again, some magic will occur. What have you got to lose?

Im going to speak in a place out of pure ignorance (what else is new) about the crypto currency stuff. But isn’t it built on a house of cards due to it being nothing more than forced scarcity? What does a bit coin look like? Can it be used for anything other than currency? Can’t the bottom just fall out at anytime due to the fact there’s no real use for it? I’m sure everything I’m asking is dumb but I just don’t get it. Lol

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT