ADVERTISEMENT

Just saw streaming companies joining together to buy up pro sports programming

uihawk82

HR All-American
Nov 17, 2021
I saw Netflix, Apple+, and one other streamer were joining up to show NFL. Of course other streamers will get in on it. And in the end the financial reporter was saying fans will most likely need to sign up on multiple platforms to watch their teams. The Big 10 is already being shown by btn, cbs, nbc, fox, and on peacock and maybe a couple of other outlets.

The nfl has the power and the watchers so they can do what they want and who cares about how viewers have to scramble to watch their favorite team which will not be on over the air tv.

You might to have your main tv platform and also amazon prime, netflix, peacock, and one or two other accounts.

I saw Netflix, Apple+, and one other streamer were joining up to show NFL. Of course other streamers will get in on it. And in the end the financial reporter was saying fans will most likely need to sign up on multiple platforms to watch their teams. The Big 10 is already being shown by btn, cbs, nbc, fox, and on peacock and maybe a couple of other outlets.

The nfl has the power and the watchers so they can do what they want and who cares about how viewers have to scramble to watch their favorite team which will not be on over the air tv.

You might to have your main tv platform and also amazon prime, netflix, peacock, and one or two other accounts.
I guess I will watch less NFL. I already don't watch as much as I used to.

More of a Cleveland Steamer guy, but I’ve never thought about how I could use Apple or Netflix in that way…🧐

Then I won't watch the NFL. Simple!

I won't scramble. There is a lot more to do than watch millionaires paid by billionaires play a kid's game.

I knew some kids who were in the NFL . . . the National Forensics League. I'd never pay money to watch them on a steaming service OR a streaming service. But maybe that's just me . . .

Plenty of alternative ways to watch the games. It’s not even that difficult to find them anymore. Now I’m off to watch the Tyson Fury fight.

What we dont know yet is the pricing for these games. I am replying to you because you entered the number 1000. I just read a blurb in the Athletic Pulse email update I get, which I dont even remember signing up for, that to watch all these proposed NFL games via streaming will cost a viewer $1000 a season. Now if that is true then I think the NFL is making a big miscalculation because that is a lot of money to some fans.

The Pulse took a survey and about 82% thought this was a negative to have so many outlets delivering games. But if people pay up as usual then I know that their bitching about inflation, high prices, not enough income vs prices, is just an empty argument for them.

What we dont know yet is the pricing for these games. I am replying to you because you entered the number 1000. I just read a blurb in the Athletic Pulse email update I get, which I dont even remember signing up for, that to watch all these proposed NFL games via streaming will cost a viewer $1000 a season. Now if that is true then I think the NFL is making a big miscalculation because that is a lot of money to some fans.

The Pulse took a survey and about 82% thought this was a negative to have so many outlets delivering games. But if people pay up as usual then I know that their bitching about inflation, high prices, not enough income vs prices, is just an empty argument for them.
That figure is a bit bs.

It's about 800 to watch *every* game.

But that it's conflating things a bit. It 800 for every game which is actually less than the cost of a dish subscription which is what was needed to do the same thing before last year.

If it's just to watch the non youtube and sunday ticket games it's less than $100 for the subscriptions. And you can still get the over the air for free. (Not to mention the figure includes amazon which comes with prime and gives a host of other benefits non media related).

People railing about that 800 cost to watch all the games really aren't thinking about it and just getting all upset over something that isn't true at all.

What will really suck is if not only do you have to pay for these services but then you have to pay an additional fee to actually get access to the games. There are a few shady overseas sites that I will learn a lot more about if this comes true.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT