ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Dolphins vs Chiefs on Peacock exclusively; fans and others outraged

The playoff aspect is definitely unique here. Will be interesting to see over the long term if doing this with play off games is actually beneficial for the league. A playoff game on Prime might be a little different, as Thursday night games have already been exclusively there for a while. I see both sides of this - there’s no inherent right to see games for “free”, but yet that’s exactly how playoff football has been for decades, so it’s a big change.
Then all sports should be behind a paywall, added on to whatever you already pay for your TV/cable/streaming service.

People don't have the right to view that sh** for free after all, if they're not willing to pony up and go to the games/sporting events.

Gotta enjoy watching dumb companies BLEED money.

Only 2.8 BILLION in losses in 2023 for peacock. But they are pumped about getting to 30 million subscribers in 2023. LOL

Maybe they'll get a couple more million subscribers with the playoff game scheme. For a nice 2.5 billion loss in 2024.

How many of the folks that signed up for $20 for a year, will stick around when they bump up prices to $20 a month to actually try to TURN A PROFIT?

Then all sports should be behind a paywall, added on to whatever you already pay for your TV/cable/streaming service.

People don't have the right to view that sh** for free after all, if they're not willing to pony up and go to the games/sporting events.
There's obviously a balance between making your sport accessible and collecting revenue. They're experimenting with the line.

Guess what's on NBC instead of the Chiefs Dolphins playoff game....

Deal or no deal island (ALL NEW)
America's got talent (re-runs)

Excellent job! LOL

The only thing that will make this PR nightmare better is if NBC caves and puts the game on nationally at the last minute.... Only to really piss off the people that signed up just for the game!

Indiana Jones GIF

NBC paid like $120 million to air the game on peacock. I doubt the league will take a large hit over it.

These are all tests balloons for the eventual move to streaming for leagues. MLB already does it with some baseball games, other sports are on streaming too. It's really not a big deal and people losing their crap are either crazy poor or crazy old.
I don't pay for The NFL, Big Ten network or MLB networka. Have never paid for any movie channels either. Everyone has a choice with discressionary spending and how they want to spend their time.

I have been a huge Hawk fan for over sixty years and remember listening on the radio as a kid. Imagine the thrill I got when I got to attend a game occassionally.

I won't pay to watch games, I will be able to watch the next day for free on You Tube. FYI, don't pay for that either. What's a few commercials?

The playoff aspect is definitely unique here. Will be interesting to see over the long term if doing this with play off games is actually beneficial for the league. A playoff game on Prime might be a little different, as Thursday night games have already been exclusively there for a while. I see both sides of this - there’s no inherent right to see games for “free”, but yet that’s exactly how playoff football has been for decades, so it’s a big change.
But if ratings are low how does that benefit the networks and the NFL. They have a friggin cash cow with gold coin flowing in like the Amazon River by having games on over the air.

And usually Monday Nite Football is on both Espn and ABC so people can watch.

This is going to be a test case and I hope it fails. The NFL is huge because of the fans, period

Haven't read any of the thread, but either sign up for Peacock and then cancel it or find somewhere to stream it for free. Both are really easy to do.

Haven't read any of the thread, but either sign up for Peacock and then cancel it or find somewhere to stream it for free. Both are really easy to do.

TRUE, but it's fun to discuss the "interesting" decision by NBC and how they've pissed off customers and potential customers. Good luck with that!

I guess people should be happy about this. No need for an old fashioned antenna or cable anymore. Just go to one of the many available pirate streams. LOL

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT