ADVERTISEMENT

K-State vs NCSt.

hawkjt

HR Legend
Feb 14, 2004
Keegan Johnson sighting for kst.
Evidently the pre-bowl break allowed him to finally heal enough to play...made some early plays.
If he stayed at Iowa it would have been a frustrating season waiting on him and we might not have pursued Caleb Brown...worked out for Iowa.

Fake punt for 30 yards by KSt...leading to 14-0 margin.
Love the freedom in play-calling in bowls...maybe KF unleashes Tory?

We just don't know what he could have become if he stayed at Iowa. Lots of physical tools/talent to be sure though.

About the only thing we do know is he isn't really helping whatever team he's on if he simply cannot stay healthy for an entire season, which he hasn't really proved yet in 3 seasons.

And yeah, the fake punt was a sweet play. Reminded me of Wisconsin 2010 (too soon?).

Hill sucks. The staff knows it but apparently can't develop a replacement.

With even an "average" OLine, it wouldn't be so obvious. But that isn't the case.

It seems KF is pinning his hopes on a semi healthy Cade for 2024. The chances of him lasting an entire season don't seem very high to me.

Reactions: mvhomerl
What would be scary is if a bunch of message boarders ran the team
You’re so ridiculous. Deacon does absolutely nothing well. He was going to Fordham when we got him. He’s the lowest rated QB in the Power 5. He turns the ball over, is a slow decision maker and horribly inaccurate. K St basically asked Howard to leave as they couldn’t wait to get Johnson on the field. I think they thought he might transfer if Howard came back. He’s dynamic. It’s so insane that the most important position on the team is used at Iowa right now to only not lose the game. That’s all we ask of Deacon. And boy does he struggle at it.

You’re so ridiculous. Deacon does absolutely nothing well. He was going to Fordham when we got him. He’s the lowest rated QB in the Power 5. He turns the ball over, is a slow decision maker and horribly inaccurate. K St basically asked Howard to leave as they couldn’t wait to get Johnson on the field. I think they thought he might transfer if Howard came back. He’s dynamic. It’s so insane that the most important position on the team is used at Iowa right now to only not lose the game. That’s all we ask of Deacon. And boy does he struggle at it.
So KF is ridiculous? Got it.

I have news for you, nobody in that building agrees with that. In fact pretty much all of them are willing to run through a wall for the guy.

How does a ridiculous coach stick around for 25 years?

It's ok to be wrong. And almost everyone throughout the history of football who has thought the backup QB should be playing over the starter has been just that-wrong

Reactions: cmhawks99
Keegan Johnson sighting for kst.
Evidently the pre-bowl break allowed him to finally heal enough to play...made some early plays.
If he stayed at Iowa it would have been a frustrating season waiting on him and we might not have pursued Caleb Brown...worked out for Iowa.

Fake punt for 30 yards by KSt...leading to 14-0 margin.
Love the freedom in play-calling in bowls...maybe KF unleashes Tory?
Highlight of the game was the ncstate tee retrieving dog.

So KF is ridiculous? Got it.

I have news for you, nobody in that building agrees with that. In fact pretty much all of them are willing to run through a wall for the guy.

How does a ridiculous coach stick around for 25 years?

It's ok to be wrong. And almost everyone throughout the history of football who has thought the backup QB should be playing over the starter has been just that-wrong

They are children buddy…they don’t process well. They want what they want and no other success’ matter.

One day they’ll get what they are after…

• Haha
Reactions: littlez
Thank you! True Freshman 1st start. Where the hell is that in Iowa?
Pretty sure he started earlier this year when their veteran struggled. Maybe he just came in for him but he’s played a good amount. Put up 5 TDs for them in one game. Dude has bundles of talent.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT