ADVERTISEMENT

Kadyn and family

Kayden would be crazy to come Iowa with our terrible offense. Get all the money you can at a top program Kayden. Go win/play for some Nattys. You definitely won't have a chance with Ferentz.
I disagree. I think we will be close to challenging next year and in the cfp the year after. And congrats to kadyn. Millionaire! Thats a big deal.

Reactions: Gutt15
I disagree. I think we will be close to challenging next year and in the cfp the year after. And congrats to kadyn. Millionaire! Thats a big deal.
You better be in the top 10 in recruiting for multiple years to even sniff a championship. Iowa isn't even close
2021GeorgiaCFP
2020AlabamaCFP
2019LSUCFP
2018ClemsonCFP
2017AlabamaCFP
2016ClemsonCFP
2015AlabamaCFP
2014Ohio StateCFP
2013Florida StateBCS
2012AlabamaBCS
2011AlabamaBCS

You better be in the top 10 in recruiting for multiple years to even sniff a championship. Iowa isn't even close
2021GeorgiaCFP
2020AlabamaCFP
2019LSUCFP
2018ClemsonCFP
2017AlabamaCFP
2016ClemsonCFP
2015AlabamaCFP
2014Ohio StateCFP
2013Florida StateBCS
2012AlabamaBCS
2011AlabamaBCS
We'll see how this year plays out with the freshman and portal. We already have a qb and te that made it to the cfp 2 years ago and a top 10 defense.

2021GeorgiaCFP
2020AlabamaCFP
2019LSUCFP
2018ClemsonCFP
2017AlabamaCFP
2016ClemsonCFP
2015AlabamaCFP
2014Ohio StateCFP
2013Florida StateBCS
2012AlabamaBCS
2011AlabamaBCS
We were 1 score away from a cfp not that long ago. But we don't stand a chance? Lol.

We were 1 score away from a cfp not that long ago. But we don't stand a chance? Lol.
You mean 2015? As I recall Sparty got stomped by Alabama in CFP 38-0. Kirk has been living off beating weak B10 teams who get exposed against superior talent. I know the copium is strong, but you gotta get real about what it takes to be a top program in today's college football landscape. Very few teams have a chance to win the CFP and currently most teams, including Iowa, are not close.

You mean 2015? As I recall Sparty got stomped by Alabama in CFP 38-0. Kirk has been living off beating weak B10 teams who get exposed against superior talent. I know the copium is strong, but you gotta get real about what it takes to be a top program in today's college football landscape. Very few teams have a chance to win the CFP and currently most teams, including Iowa, are not close.
Because we were 1 score from the cfp we would have gotten stomped because msu did? Try again. Go post on your teams message board

Reactions: Hawk fan in Minn

It’s pretty easy to pick out the problem children just by reading only the first sentence of most replies! I am also embarrassed by a large percentage of the childish, selfish crap that is put on this board. Every iowa fan has the right to be disappointed but I often wonder how mentally stable some of these folks are. Don’t they realize they are only making the problems worse? If I were a kid or the parents of a kid in this position……I would be looking somewhere else based only on the fact that some of the fans have real issues!
There is childish crap on every message board, including Alabama's. Hurts to lose a recruit but not worth worrying about. College football is now officially over anyway.

Reactions: cmhawks99
He's just a kid, I wish him well,... But this needs to be a heads up to the coaching staff to start treating these kids like the kids that they are. You don't commit all your program eggs to a single basket that some kid is going to suddenly decide to walk away with...

It’s pretty easy to pick out the problem children just by reading only the first sentence of most replies! I am also embarrassed by a large percentage of the childish, selfish crap that is put on this board. Every iowa fan has the right to be disappointed but I often wonder how mentally stable some of these folks are. Don’t they realize they are only making the problems worse? If I were a kid or the parents of a kid in this position……I would be looking somewhere else based only on the fact that some of the fans have real issues!
You would be looking somewhere else until you died because you're going to get this reaction from a part of every fan base when something like this happens.

Reactions: NI hawk and Rifler
Kp has a mom that wanted her kid to get the most nil possible. I'm sure my mom would've done the same if they paid d3 basketball in 1990. Congrats to kp for being a millionaire in highschool and now we have nil freed up to grab up some portal guys and be ready for a great couple seasons now. Everyone wins.
And he can pay off his mom's bills . I thinks his heat was in Iowa City but pressure from his folks and Saban to take the Cash forced his hand.

Abby is a trash neo-Nazi white supremacist. Keep that in mind when reading his posts and things make more sense.
Then wouldn't he be pleased that KP was going elsewhere? Surely he'd want the OL slots to go to white kids.

Proctor was going to come to Iowa but after this creepy post, I think he changed his mind.

I don't agree with some of the things that people have probably written about the Proctors, but when you want a lot of attention, you're going to get a percent of people that are going to be disrespectful.

Also, these are professional athletes we are talking about, not some young kid going to college. I refuse to call some of these players "college athletes". They just aren't.
Yep. We can finally dispense with the overly PC term, “student athlete”. It has been a farce for decades, but now it’s official. They’re pros.

I think we sit somewhere in the middle of the natty talk. We are closer than most but still not anywhere close to the talent level of a UGA or BAMA. In a perfect scenario like 15' we could have made it into the 4 team. Now with it going to 12, Iowa will have a better chance of making to the tourney but probably still the same outside show to win it.

Reactions: kceasthawk
As I sit here and read the negative posts from some of you keyboard warriors, this is still a young man that you all are putting down. Kadyn and his mom, still have his decision looming. You warriors are not true Hawkeye fans if you’re putting down a kid trying to make a decision that’s best for himself and his family. Kadyn and mom, I truly want to say sorry from the Hawkeye Community! Some of us understand that the decision is a tough one and I will support a homegrown Iowa ball player no matter where he goes! Sometimes we have to put things aside and look at the bigger picture! The talent that you have Kadyn is unmatched! You have committed to Iowa but I understand things do change! I truly hope to see you in the black and gold but will support you regardless! Good luck young man and ball out where ever your journey takes you! Just know you have a lot of support here in Iowa from true fans and we all would love to see you join the SWARM!

With respect
West
Sorry, but all this "he's just a young man" went out the window with NIL. You (and your family) take the millions of NIL money and you are now a professional and open to every form of criticism. Accepting the money means you give up your amateurism and are now subject to criticism.

Don't like being criticized? Don't take the highest bid and instead honor your commitment. Flip on your word at the last minute, well, expect a little blowback.

I think he just made himself a highschool millionaire. Can't knock that. Just dont want to see Hawkeye fans treat the family bad because of how it played it out.
I don't believe that for one minute, show me proof he became a millionaire?

Reactions: NI hawk
You have to have the “blue chip ratio” to win a national championship. That’s been a fact for every team aside from maybe one of the Clemson years forever.

If a 5 star receiver committed to Alabama announced he was flipping to Iowa today, would you encourage him to honor his commitment to Bama and say that if he didn’t, it shows he had character flaws? No matter what you say, we all know what the real answer is.
You miss the point, I'm not saying a kid can't change his mind. I'm saying if you feel you made a mistake, tell the school you committed to immediately and if you can't tell them sooner than the day before signing day, than anyone with any honor or class would stick with their original commitment. It not about changing his mind, it's about how and when it did it. Lastly, there was a thread that stated he texted the IA coaches telling them of his decommitment, if that is true, that is also cowardice and disgraceful.

Kayden would be crazy to come to Iowa with our terrible offense. Get all the money you can at a top program Kayden. Go win/play for some Nattys. You definitely won't have a chance with Ferentz.
His an OL player not a QB or WR. Iowa produces the best OL in the country. Sounds like you aren't even a hawk fan.

Kadyn is a great kid and his parents are great people. High character folks all around. They all were involved in a tough decision that none of us can truly understand because we don't have a 5 star elite athlete child being recruited by everyone in the country. Lots of details and nuance that no one knows outside of their circle. I know this flip is upsetting to many Hawkeye fans. At the end of the day it's just a game at a school and not a commitment that really means something, like a marriage or being a parent or even a job contract. It's funny to me that people don't seem to react this negatively when someone leaves a spouse or their children. Kind of shows our crazy priorities.

It was a hard decision but everyone is relieved it's over. He's being advised to stay away from social media as much as possible to avoid the crazies who are questioning his character or worse.

Everything will be ok.

Final Point -- I couldn't disagree more with the argument that these are kids and we have to treat them as such. With NIL and new transfer portal rules these are now very well compensated professional athletes that are annual free agents. The ones that take advantage of these new opportunities open themselves up to the same criticism as any other professional athlete\free agent. Although criticism is one thing, unfortunately some fans can take this too far.
random thoughts:
1. There are "kids" at that age (17, 18) who can enlist in the army, too. If they were to back out would you think they are just doing what is best for their family?
2. Speaking about what's best for the family. I hope that any money made does not go back to the parents. NO teenager should financially support their parents. Hopefully, He invests it properly for his future.(talking about any signee)
Unless the parents are opportunists. (I see this too much with 16-17-year-olds than I would like)
3. Money changes everything. True in football, True in life. They are paid they cannot hide behind the fact that they are 18. I bet you all feel sorry for all the trust fund babies that get hounded by the paparazzi too

You miss the point, I'm not saying a kid can't change his mind. I'm saying if you feel you made a mistake, tell the school you committed to immediately and if you can't tell them sooner than the day before signing day, than anyone with any honor or class would stick with their original commitment. It not about changing his mind, it's about how and when it did it. Lastly, there was a thread that stated he texted the IA coaches telling them of his decommitment, if that is true, that is also cowardice and disgraceful.
What is your change his mind timeline.? There is a reason kids are allowed to visit schools weekend before signing day. If a kid is visit another program the weekend before signing it is a signal he is having second thoughts.

I personally don't care if Proctor signed with Bama, and I don't think people should be flooding him or his family with negative tweets or messages about his decision. However, when we say Kadyn is just a 17 year old kid, It makes me think. How many 17 year old MEN fought in Europe and the Pacific in the 1940's? Kadyn is a 17 year old kid, but he should know what the word commitment means, just like I did when I enlisted in the USAF back in the day. At one time in this country when men shook their hands on something, it was a real agreement which people honored. We really don't seem to expect much from our youth these days. LOL But Proctor is in my rear view mirror and I am only thinking about what Iowa has with people who want to be Hawkeyes. Good luck Kadyn, and Go Hawks. ;) I also have to wonder if Proctor asked coach Saban why Bama currently has 4 OT's in the transfer portal? One 5* starter, two 4*'s and a 3*, all offensive tackles that are leaving Bama.

Last edited:
Being well compensated doesn't suddenly turn a child into an adult. That's a very dangerous way to think. I honestly don't see the need for some people to want to accelerate the development process of a young person simply so they can publicly criticize them. Is it so important to be critical?

I personally don't care if Proctor signed with Bama, and I don't think people should be flooding him or his family with negative tweets or messages about his decision. However, when we say Kadyn is just a 17 year old kid, It makes me think. How many 17 year old MEN fought in Europe and the Pacific in the 1940's? Kadyn is a 17 year old kid, but he should know what the word commitment means, just like I did when I enlisted in the USAF back in the day. At one time in this country when men shook their hands on something, it was a real agreement. We really don't seem to expect much from our youth these days. LOL But Proctor is in my rear view mirror and I am only thinking about what Iowa has with people who want to be Hawkeyes. Good luck Kadyn, and Go Hawks. ;) I also have to wonder if Proctor asked coach Saban why Bama currently has 4 OT's in the transfer portal? One 5* starter, two 4*'s and a 3*, all offensive tackles that are leaving Bama.
This younger generation. Amirite???? We need to get back to the good ol days when everyone acted with integrity and honor. 😅

What is your change his mind timeline.? There is a reason kids are allowed to visit schools weekend before signing day. If a kid is visit another program the weekend before signing it is a signal he is having second thoughts.
If you have to ask that question, than you just don't get it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT