pistachio1999

HR Legend
Nov 29, 2021
They released a pod today. According to them this is the status:

Likeliest candidate is Paul Chryst.

Second likeliest is Joe Philbin

Then third is Andy Ludwig.

Said could be other wild cards.

Portal not an issue because they have no schollies to give right now anyway.

Timing likely after bowl game for announcement.

Expect all 2024 commitments to sign.

I’m glad we don’t operate the same way Satan does. Not a typo. I think most rational fans would agree.
What about Dabo Sweeney? What about the most successful coach in the big ten since they forfeited to Iowa in Jim Harbaugh? What about Ryan Day? It’s how the big boys do it. Like it or not. 🤷‍♂️ Don’t hate the messenger.

Ooooo. Gonna have to wait to say I called it.

Did they say why they thought those were the likeliest? Do they know those candidates are the top and/or been interviewed? TIA

Far from miserable. Pointing out how the elite programs operate. Iowa doesn’t exactly have the “moral” high ground after these past four or five seasons, like a lot of us seem to think.
Im glad you’re not miserable
lying top gun GIF

Just because some of us don’t need to agree with everything your Captain Kirk and Iowa does to validate your self worth, doesn’t make us miserable. I’ll walk out on the beach tomorrow and feel just fine.😊
Don’t stop at the beach, see how far out you can swim, when you think you’ve reached your breaking point, keep swimming!😉

My personal favorite candidate on that list is Philbin. Kind of like a failed romance, you never really get over the fact he left iowa after those legendary offensive lines of 2002 to 2004 or whateve years it was. Imagine what could have been.

just hope if it is Philbin, that he is not "washed up" or too old or not too much of a yes-man to you-know who. I do not want Greg Davis, Version 2.0.

JFC....more of the same......

My personal favorite candidate on that list is Philbin. Kind of like a failed romance, you never really get over the fact he left iowa after those legendary offensive lines of 2002 to 2004 or whateve years it was. Imagine what could have been.

just hope if it is Philbin, that he is not "washed up" or too old or not too much of a yes-man to you-know who. I do not want Greg Davis, Version 2.0.

I'm somewhat optimistic....Worst offense over 3 years in FBS---even KF must realize he needs some changes. Both Philbin and Chryst have been head coaches and strong candidates...I don't think they will take the job and not have ability to make their own decisions.

My guess is when things started going south for BF, that KF stepped in more and more thinking he knew better and some of the things that were really stupid were KF being KF.

JFC....more of the same......
lol JFC bad take. Tell me how BF is in the same league as these guys, I’ll listen.

It’s not the philosophy or style alone that is the blame for rank in the 100s in offense. You can be run focused and time of possession minded and still be ranked in the top 60 scoring.

Even Michigan had some games where they primarily ran the ball all game.

I would be fine with any of these.

My guess is they're just throwing stuff at a wall and guessing.

If they're wrong, no one will remember or even care.

If they're right, they can say "Told ya".
Yeah, my take was not that they were saying these were the three top candidates, but more that these are 3 guys that might be under consideration. They did say Chryst would probably have the best odds, if odds were set for stuff like this, but they didn’t act like this was anywhere close to a done deal and that other names could emerge. They acknowledged Ludwig is a long shot.

Perhaps the more notable thing was that this podcast, which was recorded today, made no mention of the other names that started floating around the internet last night.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT