ADVERTISEMENT

KalebJ and LeshonW with 6.8 and 4.8 yards per carry and we start the game with a bunch of passes

uihawk82

HR All-American
Nov 17, 2021
We do have some good running backs even behind a not so good run blocking line. Nebby was really vulnerable against the run and everyone knew it by the stats except for Brian. Nebby was giving up right at 200 yards rushing a game and the hawks could have pounded them for 250+.

I was hoping to keep the win streak going but this was a really poor offensive game plan throwing from the start and running a sideways jet sweep on the first play when running right at them was Nebby's soft belly.

A 50 rushing play day might have won this game for the hawks.

And I have never been much of a Brian F fan as he just doesnt have a plan or cogent play calling during the game. We need a lot of work by next year with a new OC.

Should have rode the damn run all night. And, get rid of that horseshit end around that never works.
Yeah, Kirk wants to play old style pro-style offense which means you run the ball, establish the run, that on occasion run play action pass but only after you have the defenses undivided attention to the run.

Today was the perfect opponent to do that to because Nebby usually has some speed and good cover guys.

I went to the restroom with two minutes until kickoff and somehow nearly missed the entire 1st drive in less than 1 minute of gameplay….Thanks Brian for that “gem”

Iowa runs far too many plays each game that the opponent's DC is happy to see them run. It kills multiple drives every game. When you have the personnel deficiencies that Iowa's offense has, the last thing you can afford is to do that to yourself.

+100
The first three failures, I mean plays, set the tone for the game. That dumb rollout is one of the worst plays I’ve ever seen.
Pretty sad when Bruce is even seeing the field. Literally does nothing except screw up punt returns, but other than that he's just a warm body I guess. That could really be said for all of our receivers really.

The only problem with play action pass is Petras is slower than crap and by the time he turns to look down field he has a pass rusher in his face. His concrete feet prevent him from evading any rush. Agree Iowa should have pounded the ball more though. Padilla you could tell wasn't as comfortable with the full Iowa offense in regards to timing and that just shows you the few snaps he has been getting with the 1's this season in practice. Thats on the coaching staff.

Reactions: Dargo
I went to the restroom with two minutes until kickoff and somehow nearly missed the entire 1st drive in less than 1 minute of gameplay….Thanks Brian for that “gem”
Hey he had a short week let's give him a break. If he had an extra day I'm sure he would have come up with something better like a double reverse for a 5 yard loss.

+100
The first three failures, I mean plays, set the tone for the game. That dumb rollout is one of the worst plays I’ve ever seen.
Add in this team needs all the help it can get and when Gavin Williams decided to return the opening kick off to the 15 instead of fair catch to the 25 told me all I need to know about the mental thought process of this team today. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT