ADVERTISEMENT

Kamala Harris VP pick thread

I guess the "genocide Josh" folks hold a lot of sway.
Why go for a moderate candidate when you can get the guy who is pro BLM riots and changed the MN flag to look like the flag of Somalia?
Tampons in boys bathroom in government schools listed as a win. LOL 100% "clean" energy in 5 years is one of the dumbest policies imaginable and proves that the left has no idea how energy works.

And burning things down.

The ignorant left wingers with their heads in the sand will attempt to deny it but the MN Governor did a poor job in the aftermath of the George Floyd killing; there's no question about it.

Crime (looting, arson) and violence started getting really bad on Tues May 26, 2020, the day after George Floyd's death. Law enforcement was clearly outnumbered as stores were looted and set on fire. 2 days later, on May 28, 2020, the National Guard was finally activated by the MN Governor.

Because of Tim Walz's lack of leadership and not calling in the National Guard right away (as you will read, he was hesitating; meanwhile, law enforcement was clearly outnumbered by the rioters), many buildings in Minneapolis and St Paul burned to the ground.

The timeline:

Mon May 25, 2020:
George Floyd was killed

Tues May 26, 2020: Protests in Minneapolis begin, and the police use tear gas to break them up. That night, violent protests broke out in Minneapolis, as businesses were looted and buildings burned. Some demonstrators vandalized police vehicles with graffiti and targeted the precinct house where the 4 police officers (who had responded to the George Floyd incident) had been assigned.

e9ea5c-20200528-george-floyd-protest-cn-03.jpg

a54da5-20200527-george-floyd-protest-fire.jpg

Wed May 27, 2020:
Minneapolis Mayor calls Gov Walz, asking him to deploy the Minnesota National Guard to the streets of Minneapolis.

For the 2nd straight night, violent protests again broke out in Minneapolis, as businesses continued be be looted and buildings burned.

Thurs May 28, 2020: Minneapolis 3rd precinct police station is surrendered and evacuated and burns to the ground.

More than 1,000 buildings were burned or damaged in Minneapolis in the days after George Floyd’s murder.

The police station that was surrendered:

IMG_3613-1536x1152.jpg

Thurs May 28 and Fri May 29, 2020: Various businesses were vandalized and set on fire in St. Paul.

Thur May 28, 2020: The National Guard is finally activated by the Minnesota governor.

Sat May 30, 2020:
An 8 p.m. curfew is established. After 4 nights of chaos in Minneapolis, the Minneapolis mayor called on people to stay home. “What started as largely peaceful protests for George Floyd have turned to outright looting and domestic terrorism in our region,” he said on Twitter.

Story from KARE 11 TV, an NBC affiliate in Minneapolis:

On May 25, 2020 George Floyd was killed.

Two days later, Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey made a call to Gov. Tim Walz (the night of May 27), asking him to deploy the Minnesota National Guard to the streets of Minneapolis. That would've been a full 24 hours before the city evacuated the 3rd Precinct Police headquarters, surrendering to the rioters, allowing the police station to burn to the ground.

At 8:05 p.m. on May 27, the mayor's office asked, "What's happening? As far as the Guard." The mayor's aid responds, "He said Walz was hesitating."

The mayor's staff went as far as drafting an press release at 9:00 p.m. that same night, announcing that Frey was requesting the National Guard. That release was never sent. According to sources at City Hall, Mayor Frey didn't want to appear like he was using the media to pressure Walz.

Officers from the Minnesota State Patrol, DNR and other state agencies were already on the ground across the Twin Cities working in support of local police operations, but they were outnumbered.

Sources:

Weird that he was re-elected in 2022.
We’ve got a TriGGeREd alert on Fran this morning.

Remember when I told you guys you were all riding a sugar high because every dem thought they were going to get exactly what they wanted and even then Kamala was behind in all the swing states.

The democratic party just told the adults in the room it wants to listen to the children more.

Fractures gonna be starting.

Remember when I told you guys you were all riding a sugar high because every dem thought they were going to get exactly what they wanted and even then Kamala was behind in all the swing states.

The democratic party just told the adults in the room it wants to listen to the children more.

Fractures gonna be starting.
Has to be someone. But you think people hate Trump less now because of Tim Walz?

As bad a pick as Vance was, did it make Trump voters run to Harris?

You’re overthinking this.

The reasoning behind the Tim Walz pick: he would help win the Midwest swing states (especially the rural vote) of Wisconsin (10 Electoral votes) & Michigan (15 Electoral votes).

Other swing states/Electoral votes:

Pennsylvania/19
North Carolina/16
Georgia/16
Arizona/11
Nevada/6

IMO, both candidates made bad choices for their VP. I think if Trump could have gotten Haley, he would have one. If Harris picked Shapiro, she would have one. Now it's a toss up.

Reactions: BonzoFury
Has to be someone. But you think people hate Trump less now because of Tim Walz?

As bad a pick as Vance was, did it make Trump voters run to Harris?

You’re overthinking this.
VP does little but we have already squeezed through what the dems are about to go through which is "you can't make everyone happy", vance wasn't my first choice, now there will be fall out but atleast we know what the people are running.

Individually, Walz is a good pick. He's a moderate with a good background.

In this election though, I don't know what he brings aside from being a better speaker than Harris. Minnesota hasn't gone Repub since Nixon in 1972. And only 3 times in the past 90 years. It was the only state that didn't vote for Reagan in 1984. Hillary was kind of close to losing the state, but worrying about Minnesota isn't nearly as important as trying to win other truly purple states like PA or GA.
I personally think it's a great sign. This tells me they feel confident they can win PA without Shapiro and went with a pick that can help them everywhere else as well.

I guess I'm not seeing it. The piece you should have taken was Pennsylvania. The goal is 270.
Sure but there’s very little historical proof that a running mate automatically guarantees a state. I was all for Shapiro but I also realized she can win it without him and Walz has a much better resume for the actual job itself.

andThat isn't the case either. In terms of percentages he blew away the competition in 2 straight elections. He won by 11 in 2018 and 8 points in 2022 which is far better than the previous 2 term Dem governor who won by 6 in 2014 and less than a half a percent in 2010.

However Walz is just running up the votes in the urban areas more than previous governors. Look at the urban counties they get a darker blue with Walz.

You might point to a slightly smaller margin in 2022 but I would argue that's only evidence the Republican candidate in 2018 was bad because it was the same candidate from 2014 when the margin for the same D governor jumped from less than half a percent to 6.
While this is true part of it is explained in the fact rural areas everywhere have bought into MAGA and this was going to happen no matter who was at the helm. It doesn't change the fact he can be a good messenger and might be able to change the tide a little with rural people across the nation. Not saying he will just saying I don't think it's necessarily anything he did to cause Minnesota rural areas to turn more red.

Who are these undecideds you speak of?
There are a lot of people who don’t want to vote for Trump who could have been persuaded to vote for Harris + Shapiro/Kelly. The polling in recent weeks proves that.

I don’t think you’re going to get that with a Harris + Walz ticket. Banking on driving turnout amongst more liberal Democrats is a mistake IMO.

It's crazy. He ran a 4-4

I'm legit waiting for some of the Republicans who start talking about his coaching days as though it should hurt him on the campaign trail.

"AMERICA — ARE WE REALLY GOING TO PUT A RADICAL WING-T MARXIST ONE HEARTBEAT AWAY FROM THE WHITE HOUSE???"

"CAN WE REALLY TRUST A LEFTIST WHO RAN THE AIR RAID IN MINNESOTA'S COLD WEATHER??? IF HE WON'T RUN THE BALL IN THE SNOW, HOW CAN WE EXPECT HIM TO FIX THE BORDER????"

Walz was also in the National Guard — just another sucker and loser.

Last edited:
I'm legit waiting for some of the Republicans who start talking about his coaching days as though it should hurt him after watching some film.

"AMERICA — ARE WE REALLY GOING TO PUT A RADICAL WING-T MARXIST ONE HEARTBEAT AWAY FROM THE WHITE HOUSE???"

"CAN WE REALLY TRUST A LEFTIST WHO RAN THE AIR RAID IN MINNESOTA'S COLD WEATHER??? IF HE WON'T RUN THE BALL IN THE SNOW, HOW CAN WE EXPECT HIM TO FIX THE BORDER????"

Walz was also in the National Guard — just another sucker and loser.
Dude has definitely been to an interstate bathhouse.

I like Walz more than Shapiro. Shapiro's position on school vouchers and charter schools is awful and I wouldn't be surprised if that played a huge role in him not being selected. But seriously, that's not something that would keep me from voting for them over Trump. He's the boring white guy that she needs to attract moderates.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT