ADVERTISEMENT

Kemdawg

Whatever you want to tell yourself man. You want to do a WFL bet on what weight Gilman goes for this year and 2024?
Sorry, I'm not the gambling type, but I do like to donate to WFL, HWC and other worthwhile organizations from time to time.
The pressure for him to show up at 57 kg coming into the '24 Olympics will definitely be there. His only choice will be to make the weight and face the consequences or retire.

I also get the feeling that Gilman is ready to move on with life. Maybe he goes until he gets beaten and maybe he hangs it up earlier. He has probably been wrestling for over 20 years of his life and may be ready to go into the next phase.
As far as how he feels about losing to Spencer, I am guessing everyone realizes that is an option when they wrestle Spencer. Is he afraid of it or willing to retire to avoid that - I have no idea.

Reactions: Gobblin
I also get the feeling that Gilman is ready to move on with life. Maybe he goes until he gets beaten and maybe he hangs it up earlier. He has probably been wrestling for over 20 years of his life and may be ready to go into the next phase.
As far as how he feels about losing to Spencer, I am guessing everyone realizes that is an option when they wrestle Spencer. Is he afraid of it or willing to retire to avoid that - I have no idea.
Afraid... I don't think so. IMHO He is going to want to be at top form while maintaining his weight to wrestle at 57kg, if his new life makes this to difficult then he most likely hangs them up.

Reactions: ChiPackHawk
Gilman is scared and even told a few of you and is ready to retire, lol, I love this place
I think one guy is claiming he's scared, idk not reading that closely. Gilman is a stud and it will be a battle between him and Lee if it happens. Anyone flat out anointing Spencer is delusional. Both are beasts, go Spencer.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mendoza77
Gilman is always good for a head scratching loss this time of year. Nothing to see, he is fine.
I agree. That said, he really didn’t look good IMO. Slow off the mat and to the middle against someone I don’t believe is considered anything special at 61. Would have been fun to see what Desanto would have done to that version of Gilman. I’m not a Gilman hater but I’m on team Spencer/Desanto or whoever he wrestles currently training in Iowa City.

I think one guy is claiming he's scared, idk not reading that closely. Gilman is a stud and it will be a battle between him and Lee if it happens. Anyone flat out anointing Spencer is delusional. Both are beasts, go Spencer.
Gilman isn't "scared" - but he may very well be realistic in knowing that if he's not firing on all cylinders, whatever the reason(s) may be, he's not beating a healthy version of Lee. And that version is getting closer to reality every day that goes by.

He absolutely wants Spencer. He thinks he's going to win. You're nuts if you don't understand that.

I think I may have been thinking about Ramos actually. Still, I highly doubt he's moving up to 61 to avoid Spencer. He's already in final x at 57. He'll be back down. This is a tune up.
Imagine that. The board know it all wrong again.

Gilman is scared and even told a few of you and is ready to retire, lol, I love this place
That's all pretty much a made-up false statement by you. No one ever used the word scared or said that he's said he's ready to retire. Reading comprehension is hard for you, ya moran.

The thing that stands out to me is most international tournaments like this that are not in the ranking series give a weight allowance. Not too often do they have to make scratch, so I doubt he would have had to make 57.
I think this might be his way of phasing himself out before Spencer hits the international scene. I like Thomas, but he doesn't want anything to do with Spencer. Spencer will beat him in a fashion that would be very hard for Gilman's ego to handle.
That's all pretty much a made-up false statement by you. No one ever used the word scared or said that he's said he's ready to retire. Reading comprehension is hard for you, ya moran.
You didn't use the word "scared," but the implication of your comment above when you said: " I like Thomas, but he doesn't want anything to do with Spencer. Spencer will beat him in a fashion that would be very hard for Gilman's ego to handle" indicates that Thomas is "scared" because his "ego" can't handle the potential loss. You can deny it all you want, but it's in your writing as plain as day for everyone who reads it.

You didn't use the word "scared," but the implication of your comment above when you said: " I like Thomas, but he doesn't want anything to do with Spencer. Spencer will beat him in a fashion that would be very hard for Gilman's ego to handle" indicates that Thomas is "scared" because his "ego" can't handle the potential loss. You can deny it all you want, but it's in your writing as plain as day for everyone who reads it.
Interpret it the way you want, I guess. Almost sounds like you are scared for him.
Any of you dipsticks in Ann Arbor for Big Tens? Give me a call and we can get together and discuss it.
1-800-382-5778

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT