ADVERTISEMENT

Kemdawg!

Nice! I actually have the ability to attend Brown duals — I’ll make it a goal to shout some “Grandpa Mikes” for you guys.
Man, watched brown in a dual last yr. Felt bad for the brown kids. The Team was so bad. No question a top 5 D3 team would beat them. Getting a guy like mK is huge for that program.

However as i was feeling sorry for the brown kids it dawned on me they will all leave with a killer degree and a great career waiting for them!

Man, watched brown in a dual last yr. Felt bad for the brown kids. The Team was so bad. No question a top 5 D3 team would beat them. Getting a guy like mK is huge for that program.

However as i was feeling sorry for the brown kids it dawned on me they will all leave with a killer degree and a great career waiting for them!
Yeah, unfortunately, they are kind of a team you go to see because some stars are in town (e.g., from Cornell, Princeton). I don’t feel good about myself for it, but it’s the truth.

Yep, they're usually not very good. They've had a decent assistant or two over the years, and some alum support, but no one seems to improve the fortunes of the wrestling team over time. And no, I don't spend much time feeling sorry for Brown students either.
Good luck to Kemdawg!

They had a decent program in the 90s with a few AAs but pretty much starting from scratch now. I know there is bucks flowing into the program ever since they tried to drop it.

Reactions: el dub and mcpat
Brown now has Jordan Leen as the HC. Dake says that he was an instrumental influence in his career and Koll and Gavin think highly of him too. Here's hoping they all do well!

Brown now has Jordan Leen as the HC. Dake says that he was an instrumental influence in his career and Koll and Gavin think highly of him too. Here's hoping they all do well!

Leen is a very smart guy and was a great wrestler who was fun to watch. He was my favorite Cornell wrestler. The limiting factor won't be Leen, and Kemdawg and Murin can only help. It will be the wrestling culture at Brown, and the ability of Brown to attract talent that meets their acceptance criteria.

I must admit when I heard about Kemerer going to Brown I had to look up where the school is located! It is interesting that the smallest state in the nation (1545 mi. sq.) has a D1 program, while the two largest states in Alaska and Texas (total combined 933980 mi. sq. ) don't have one.

I must admit when I heard about Kemerer going to Brown I had to look up where the school is located! It is interesting that the smallest state in the nation (1545 mi. sq.) has a D1 program, while the two largest states in Alaska and Texas (total combined 933980 mi. sq. ) don't have one.

I thought everyone knew that real estate is about location, not size. Moose can’t wrestle and have a tough time cutting weight.

Leen is a very smart guy and was a great wrestler who was fun to watch. He was my favorite Cornell wrestler. The limiting factor won't be Leen, and Kemdawg and Murin can only help. It will be the wrestling culture at Brown, and the ability of Brown to attract talent that meets their acceptance criteria.
the new england region is really picking up in terms of quality hs prospects.

jakob camacho, ryan jack, kevin jack, nico provo in recent years. Will Henckel and Jude Correa right now.

Tyler Knox will be really solid for Stanford (133) next year.

Ponagansett (RI) is nationally ranked as a team right now and Green Farms (MA) was ranked last year.

the new england region is really picking up in terms of quality hs prospects.

jakob camacho, ryan jack, kevin jack, nico provo in recent years. Will Henckel and Jude Correa right now.

Tyler Knox will be really solid for Stanford (133) next year.

Ponagansett (RI) is nationally ranked as a team right now and Green Farms (MA) was ranked last year.
Green Farms Academy is on the south coast of CT by Fairfield. Prep School Nationals in Lehigh will give you an idea about relative team strength for prep schools. In MA, we have Belmont Hill, which always puts out a good team, but usually not up to Blair or Wyoming Seminary standards. Hockey rules most of New England in the wintertime.

You probably follow these things more closely than I do, but New England often produces half a dozen or so college prospects, but few of them ever AA at the Div 1 level. This ain't IA, Ohio, PA, or NJ.

Last edited:
Reactions: OldestandGreatest
When Nolf or Taylor take over for Brands, they will need an assistant. Kemerer would be perfect especially with the Brown experience.

Great signature, Psalm 1 guy.

• Love
Reactions: Psalm 1 guy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT