ADVERTISEMENT

Kerkliviet to PSU....shocker

Mitch’s world: All American = not good wrestler.
You referring to Skatzka? The guy that got stuck in the first period while wrestling against the #34 ranked 174 in the country from Rider last month?
Yeah... that's not a good result for a guy that snuck out an eighth place finish at a weak weight last spring.

Next question? MM is all the Gophs have.

Almost half of your lineup is comprised of transfers, but, when PSU gets a transfer, they are cheating the system. David Taylor goes up in weight, he is obviously juicing. Kemmerer goes up two weights, and KemDawg is just hitting the weights........and you guys really wonder about your reputation?

2p3vci.jpg

Cael doesn't care. Just like when he was trying to get Gable when they had Seth, AJ and AA Nick was JV.

Yep, the Brands would definitely turn away Kerk if he wished to come to Iowa. Just like they turned away Desanto, Eirman, Teasdale & Lugo out of concerns for others already in the program. Seriously, you guys are the biggest hypocrites I've ever seen. Someone's coming to Iowa.....good for him, he's doing what's best for him. Someone coming to PSU.......Cael doesn't care about his kids, they obviously are cheating.

I was hoping this thread wouldn't go where it went, considering the fact that you have been bringing in guys, but, you never disappoint.

Reactions: Nitt Fan
Yep, the Brands would definitely turn away Kerk if he wished to come to Iowa. Just like they turned away Desanto, Eirman, Teasdale & Lugo out of concerns for others already in the program. Seriously, you guys are the biggest hypocrites I've ever seen. Someone's coming to Iowa.....good for him, he's doing what's best for him. Someone coming to PSU.......Cael doesn't care about his kids, they obviously are cheating.

We all can be hypocrites at times. But, it's hard to legitimately argue your point.

Reactions: Hotshoe

I'm guessing that there is a reason, on opposing message board, I have almost 3/1 likes per messages, while you have more posts than likes. If you guys can't honestly own up to the hypocrisy in your reaction this transfer news, I don't know what to do for you. Eierman's coming in......what a great addition and awesome choice for the kid, Kerk is going to PSU, Cael doesn't care about the kids. Seriously, you don't see it?

$100 to WFL says Cass beats him if he lasts long enough at PSU for it to happen.

I'm guessing that there is a reason, on opposing message board, I have almost 3/1 likes per messages, while you have more posts than likes. If you guys can't honestly own up to the hypocrisy in your reaction this transfer news, I don't know what to do for you. Eierman's coming in......what a great addition and awesome choice for the kid, Kerk is going to PSU, Cael doesn't care about the kids. Seriously, you don't see it?

Last edited:
Too bad PS doesn't have a Forum that you could go on and stay off this one.
Or is it you love to just try to troll and get other PS followers to hit your "like" key? This site doesn't really need you..Now that your husband is in the state prison you need to have something to do in the evenings?

Past questions of "cheating" arise not so much because PSU gets a few transfers. Its origins came from the fact that PSU always seemed to have money to be able to pull in 2 or 3 top 10 recruits year after year, more than any other school. That plus rumors of financial games regarding the NLWC and stipends.

I would point out that Kerk was yet another top 10 p4p that PSU seems to be able to bring in... he was actually #1 in the 2019 class.

Of the transfers who came to Iowa, none was a top 10 p4p.

In Iowa's lineup, I count 2 transfers - DeSanto and Lugo ... that's "almost half" according to you??

125 Lee
133 DeSanto
141 Murin
149 Lugo
157 Young
165 Marinelli
174 Kemerer
184 Brands/Wilcke
197 Warner
285 Cassioppi

O.k. I exaggerated a bit, well a lot on that one :) .....but, we've both gotten transfers. Also, with the portal in effect, I have a feeling we will both continue to get transfers. I worry that in this sport the transfers are going to make it the same 4-5 schools competing for the championship every single season (Not that it hasn't already pretty much been that way)

Too bad PS doesn't have a Forum that you could go on and stay off this one.
Or is it you love to just try to troll and get other PS followers to hit your "like" key? This site doesn't really need you..Now that your husband is in the state prison you need to have something to do in the evenings?

Of course the site doesn't need me, and I'm not a troll (see my history). I enjoy this site and post on it and the PSU site. There a lot of great, knowledgeable posters here. Do you really think your last sentence was funny?

Almost half of your lineup is comprised of transfers, but, when PSU gets a transfer, they are cheating the system. David Taylor goes up in weight, he is obviously juicing. Kemmerer goes up two weights, and KemDawg is just hitting the weights........and you guys really wonder about your reputation?

2p3vci.jpg
I have no problem with Kirkvliet going to PSU but to argue Kem and David Taylor is not even close in my opinion. Kem was probably a natural 65 to start and took a year and a half to grow into his weight. DT couldn't find a spot and grew twenty pounds of muscle in what seemed like a couple of months!! I was a big fan of Taylor before his meltdown at the trials and will cheer him on at the Olympics if he is our guy but I will never be sure if his weight gain was legit. Most of the PSU faithful just can't imagine that one of their own would do that but I have little doubt some of our Hawkeyes have probably done it as well but I do not believe that Kem is one of them.

Past questions of "cheating" arise not so much because PSU gets a few transfers. Its origins came from the fact that PSU always seemed to have money to be able to pull in 2 or 3 top 10 recruits year after year, more than any other school. That plus rumors of financial games regarding the NLWC and stipends.

I would point out that Kerk was yet another top 10 p4p that PSU seems to be able to bring in... he was actually #1 in the 2019 class.

Of the transfers who came to Iowa, none was a top 10 p4p.
$$$$$

Reactions: chuck285
I have no problem with Kirkvliet going to PSU but to argue Kem and David Taylor is not even close in my opinion. Kem was probably a natural 65 to start and took a year and a half to grow into his weight. DT couldn't find a spot and grew twenty pounds of muscle in what seemed like a couple of months!! I was a big fan of Taylor before his meltdown at the trials and will cheer him on at the Olympics if he is our guy but I will never be sure if his weight gain was legit. Most of the PSU faithful just can't imagine that one of their own would do that but I have little doubt some of our Hawkeyes have probably done it as well but I do not believe that Kem is one of them.

That and DT trained with a known "mad scientist" cheat strength and conditioning coach.

Should be pretty apparent why that would lead to speculation.

All of your likes are from fellow psu cockroaches and trolls like crablegs and rassling you ignorant son of a bitch. You get a few from nashville lion also. You punks bash the hell out of Iowa on most threads on your board but we don't care what you say over there because we consider the source.

Oh... one more thing, not that anyone should care, but not another negative comment from me towards ISU/Dresser/Metcalf/DSJ for the rest of this season.

The generous donations from Metcalf and DSJ, and the nice comments from KD regarding Sorenson proves to me they are pretty good guys and the wrestling community is a pretty tight club.
It is when times are tough that we pull together and we see how close this community is. I am glad to see you finding the good in the ISU clan. You will be happier this way. Now how about poking a little fun at Wisconsin. :)

Kem took a year and a half to grow into a 74 pounder? Without being injured last year Kem was going to wrestle 174, right?

Desanto and Lugo = half the lineup? Penn St math?
The point being Iowa has been just as happy as Penn State to accept talented transfers. You goofs call Iowa transfers just the Brands boys helping those kids in need of a new home, but Cael is recruiting over his existing wrestlers and by accepting transfers is proof Cael is a self interested prick.
Moving the goal post of the point being made does not change the fact that the board as a whole is extremely hippocratical.

Reactions: redmarlie
Didn't FRL have a discussion where they said Daniel's father was quoted as saying the reason he's transferring from Okie St. to Ohio St. is because Ohio St. has more money (or something along those lines)?

What a mess. I'm all for athletes flexibility to transfer whenever they want but this is unbelievable. I wish him luck but this is like driving past a car accident that I can't look away.

Queue the popcorn and dim the lights!

just the fun bunch stop by to call everybody names,they can't help it if they were raised poorly. i would never go to someones home and call them names but my father was a good man.

While I love to bust PSU chops, kerk signed up to wrestle in a room where he’d have access at least in offseason to a multiple time world champion.
That changed....

garantee that was a huge selling point that tan tom used. So if you lose that selling point, well.....

That logic might hold true if Ohio St. was his first commitment but it was his 3rd. Yikes.

That's a trend, your logic is broken.

Reactions: Chuck C

2/10 = 20%
Half = 50%

Don't let facts get in the way of a good story.

Reactions: Mattski

Is this a Matt Dernlan burner account?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT