ADVERTISEMENT

Kilroy: Some updated weights for you

dawgs_04

HR All-American
May 19, 2004
Dear Kilroy,

Some players have updated weights on the official roster. Ike up to 300. I know you won't forget that one.

http://www.hawkeyesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/iowa-m-footbl-mtt.html

Enjoy
chairshot.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 2/18 6:59 PM by dawgs_04

I see that Cole Croston is up to 295 and Ross Reynolds and Boone Myers are both at 300. Kegan Render is over 300. I'm feeling better that the OL won't be as undersized as I thought they might be.

This is all good news. I am one that has concerns about size and experience going into next year. It won't happen in year one, but Ike has the size, footwork, and arm length that on paper makes him a great prospect. Hopefully he picks up technique and has the attitude that is needed to excel at the position.

I just looked at that roster and it's pretty alarming how much those skill position players suck.

Smith is the only really talented guy.

It is good to see that those guys gained a lot of weight, but with none of them ever playing before and most having no real other offers, you have to wonder if we're in turd polishing territory with most of them.

Bigger and bad at football is still bad at football. I guess there's the chance that every other Power-5 coaching staff in America was wrong in not offering them a scholarship.

Originally posted by StyneMac:
I just looked at that roster and it's pretty alarming how much those skill position players suck.

It is good to see that those guys gained a lot of weight, but with none of them ever playing before and most having no real other offers, you have to wonder if we're in turd polishing territory with most of them.

Bigger and bad at football is still bad at football. I guess there's the chance that every other Power-5 coaching staff in America was wrong in not offering them a scholarship.
Those skill players will be gathering soon to start spring practice. I'm sure you would like the opportunity to tell them face to face how bad they suck. Doesn't do any good telling us, they need to know! I'll give you exact location, dates and times asap as I'm sure the 'turds' would love to meet you..

This must be one of those 'honest assessments' of which blhawk was speaking about. How sad for him.....

internet-troll.jpg

Some of the Rs FR. DEs have put on some weight. Terrance Harris at 252, Parker Hesse already at 240 and the surprising one Matt Nelson already up to 270. My hope is that Nelson overtakes Meier at some point next year as the starter.

Originally posted by David1979:
Some of the Rs FR. DEs have put on some weight. Terrance Harris at 252, Parker Hesse already at 240 and the surprising one Matt Nelson already up to 270. My hope is that Nelson overtakes Meier at some point next year as the starter.
That would mean he's gotten very good , because even though Meier is undersized, he has one hell of a motor and pretty good technique. So if Nelson could match Meiers' tenacity and technique, with his freaky size, that would be a good thing wouldn't it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT